• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Firestorm

Acerac said:
Arcanine is a novelty pokemon. His one saving grace was extremespeed and dragonite has that now.
Intimidate. He has somewhat of a niche in VGC '12 by having Intimidate + Extremespeed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Electivirus said:

Want to see something really mindblowing?

Like seeing Agahnim's head covering as like, a light green bowl haircut, I saw Ho-oh pretty differently on Gold's boxart:

Yhlnx.png

Like, I knew that's not how Ho-oh looked but that's what I always saw when I saw the boxart. I just ignored what was actually its head. I saw it this way until like, HG/SS came out. And I still kind of flip back and forth. :p

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Want to see something really mindblowing?

Like seeing Agahnim's head covering as like, a light green bowl haircut, I saw Ho-oh pretty differently on Gold's boxart:

Like, I knew that's not how Ho-oh looked but that's what I always saw when I saw the boxart. I just ignored what was actually its head. I saw it this way until like, HG/SS came out. And I still kind of flip back and forth. :p
14xm1w0.jpg

Black-Wind said:
I have been thinking about it ... and despite the fact that I see a good amount of Pika-avas on gaf I'm one of the few members with one that regularly post in these threads :/
Hey! I posted...once...Just hard to keep up with megathreads.

Well, that and I pretty much stopped major involvement with the franchise after Pokemon Yellow. I used to watch the anime before school but then went to college and didn't watch that much.

Roto13

I want to replay HeartGold or Black but I have a completed Pokedex in Black and so many Mystery Gifts in HeartGold that I can't get again. No way am I deleting either of those files. Bah.

Someone should make a Wish GTS for Mystery Gifts.

Gravijah

Roto13 said:
I want to replay HeartGold or Black but I have a completed Pokedex in Black and so many Mystery Gifts in HeartGold that I can't get again. No way am I deleting either of those files. Bah.

Someone should make a Wish GTS for Mystery Gifts.

get a flashcart. infinite save files!

MarkusRJR

Wiseblade said:
287679-080.jpg

It's Nostalgia time!

I dare anyone to listen to all these tracks without welling up a little.
Holy fuck! The Victory Theme gave me nostalgia chills. I used to rewind one of the older episodes with this song in it on my VCR just so I could listen to it while I played Pokemon Yellow. The joy of being a child of the 90's. :3

EDIT: If the new Pokemon games used music that was in the anime (or of similar quality) I would actually have a pokegasm. Orchestrated Pokemon music gives me chills.

upandaway

Yeah. I love replaying the games with different teams. They don't have to only be played once just because there's a big postgame!

Anth0ny

upandaway said:
Yeah. I love replaying the games with different teams. They don't have to only be played once just because there's a big postgame!

nuzlocke runs have breathed new life into Gen 1 and 2.

But I swear to god it's impossible to beat the elite 4 without grinding for a couple of years.

upandaway said:

Pretty much. I always try to have at least one Pokemon on my teams that I haven't trained before each playthrough. Makes for really nice replays.

Roto13

Someday I'm going to buy White and use an RNG to pick my team. I'll breed eggs of whatever it picks in my Black game and send them to my White game and use them for the whole game. Someday.

MarkusRJR

I really want to try out 4th Gen Pokemon again (even though it's the one generation I've absolutely hated). I already have Diamond, so should I buy Pearl or Platinum? I always have a tradition of getting both the first two games and ignoring the third one, but the battles are so slow in Diamond/Pearl. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through the game with the battles being so slow. I remember falling asleep on my couch every time I played diamond. Are the battles the same speed as HeartGold/SoulSilver in Platinum?

Maybe I should just get Pokemon Rumble Blast instead... I liked the WiiWare game.

Wiseblade

upandaway said:
That's what the third version is for. For grey I'll probably use:

Spr_5b_497.png
Spr_5b_555.png
Spr_5b_596.png
Spr_5b_565.png
Spr_5b_571.png
Spr_5b_612.png

EDIT: I know I'm a little late, but putting Flareon at the top of any list other than "which Eeveelution sucks the most" is insanity.

Roto13

Yaceka said:
I really want to try out 4th Gen Pokemon again (even though it's the one generation I've absolutely hated). I already have Diamond, so should I buy Pearl or Platinum? I always have a tradition of getting both the first two games and ignoring the third one, but the battles are so slow in Diamond/Pearl. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through the game with the battles being so slow. I remember falling asleep on my couch every time I played diamond. Are the battles the same speed as HeartGold/SoulSilver in Platinum?

Maybe I should just get Pokemon Rumble Blast instead... I liked the WiiWare game.
The battles are much faster in Platinum. If you want to replay DPP, Platinum is the only correct choice.

Skiptastic said:
Hey! I posted...once...Just hard to keep up with megathreads.

Well, that and I pretty much stopped major involvement with the franchise after Pokemon Yellow. I used to watch the anime before school but then went to college and didn't watch that much.
Well that sucks, get back into the series >:[

Wiseblade

Fun fact for the day:

When you mixed records with another player in RSE, their secret base would get copied over to your game and you could battle against a copy of the team they were holding at the time of the record mixing.
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Emitan

Wiseblade said:
Fun fact for the day:

When you mixed records with another player in RSE, their secret base would get copied over to your game and you could battle against a copy of the team they were holding at the time of the record mixing.
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg
But that's obvious. That's the entire point of mixing records!

Gravijah

i hate that you can't mix records online and i hate that the tv doesn't tell you all kinds of interesting stuff people you have mixed records with have done anymore.

Billychu said:
But that's obvious. That's the entire point of mixing records!
I don't know, I enjoyed watching a tv show about fishing detailing how my record partner manged to successfully catch a magikarp and was apparently teary eyed with joy or something.
Secret bases were so awesome, if only I could have had one in the route with the daycare, I basically lived there anyway.

Black-Wind said:
Well that sucks, get back into the series >:[
I don't play the handheld game anymore. Closest I'm getting to playing another Pokemon would be if I bought a Wii and they released a new Pokemon Snap.

Though...I would be tempted to get a new entry in the series if Nintendo released a Pokemon Yellow remix with the new stuff. I loved that one. And I loved Snap, Pinball, and Puzzle League.

Top Bottom