• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

nan0

In regards to the Black/White Pokédex, you can get most of them without trading or going online. Just like Red and Blue!

It's only the complete 600-something Pokédex that requires tons of online shenanigans. And that's fine.

I havn't played in half a year, but is this list still up-to-date? If yes, there are like 100 Pokemon I won't be able to get. And since they scrapped the GBA transfer (and I haven't a second DS system for Poké Transfer), I can't even transfer form my other games.

Wiseblade

I havn't played in half a year, but is this list still up-to-date? If yes, there are like 100 Pokemon I won't be able to get. And since they scrapped the GBA transfer (and I haven't a second DS system for Poké Transfer), I can't even transfer form my other games.

What kind of Pokémon fan doesn't have more than one DS in this day and age? That's just sloppy.

/unreasonable

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I already told you about the emulation PC-to-DS trading method it's not my fault if you can't get creative with it to finish your Pokédexeseses.

I'm also dumb. Explain! (Not me being dumb, I mean)
Actually, it's super easy to get event Pokes, you just have to go to the right site. Try searching for PokeGTS.

The most complicated thing you'll probably have to do is change your DNS settings (it's part of the info you use to setup a connection on your DS).

Wiseblade

The best!

iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

The till/cash register noises in the BW version make it superior.

Never beat white version and stopped after the 5th badge.. Anyways, picked it up and have the 7th badge and Im having a blast. While this generations designs have been hit and miss, Im glad that this stuff feels new.

So, any interesting Pokemon related discoveries, such as cut content, etc that I may have missed out on in the past year?

Kokonoe

Banned
This is the only generation in which I haven't learned all the Pokemon's names, moves, and types in the first few days. (I still don't know most of this gen Pokemon)

I suppose I should start learning again before the next game comes out. I also want to enter this regional that's coming up.

Wiseblade

What do you guys mean when you say memorised? If you showed me a picture of a pokemon I'd be able to give you it's name and typing, but it's not like I can just name the national Pokédex (Or any regional dex for that matter).

What do you guys mean when you say memorised? If you showed me a picture of a pokemon I'd be able to give you it's name and typing, but it's not like I can just name the national Pokédex (Or any regional dex for that matter).
Basically I'm meaning the opposite of what you stated . If you give me the name of some 5th gen pokemon, abilities, moves. I certainly don't know what it is as well as the other gens. Knowing the name from seeing the picture is pretty easy for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First three comments on Andriasang.
KuGsj.gif

isotrex22 min. ago
Please let it be on 3DS.

anoop42 min. ago
It is so going to be for 3DS.

HatsuneMiku1hr 9m ago
Please don't be for 3DS.

The fact that Go Ichinose did the majority of the best Pokemon soundtrack ever? Seriously: a good deal of Junichi's best battle themes, some fantastic route and town themes from Go, and the first real indication of where Pokemon music would be going with the advantage of powerful new sampling tech. It's a real shame that the DS soundtracks have weaker samples, despite the improved clarity—I love how blaring and slightly-crispy the brass sounds in RSE.

A formal introduction to Poke-GAF: I've been playing since R/S, so that makes me a relative newcomer. And, even then, I've been out of the Pokemon loop for a while, though I tried to find more time to play B/W a while back (time I could be using more economically, I suppose). Looking up the more technical aspects of Pokemon raising also threw me for a loop, though I've been good at ignoring the competitive scene for the time being to focus on EV training, abilities, and finding Pokemon with good Natures. Pokemon is more exciting than ever before, so I might as well start by getting back into the scene.

Gravijah

The fact that Go Ichinose did the majority of the best Pokemon soundtrack ever? Seriously: a good deal of Junichi's best battle themes, some fantastic route and town themes from Go, and the first real indication of where Pokemon music would be going with the advantage of powerful new sampling tech. It's a real shame that the DS soundtracks have weaker samples, despite the improved clarity—I love how blaring and slightly-crispy the brass sounds in RSE.

you're a good man.

I think I can name all of them by picture, but I'm less successful with just coming up with names on the fly. For anyone who wants to try:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon
131 out of 151 (I am deeply ashamed by this one)
89 out of 100
131 out of 135 (VERY surprised)
Done with 12 seconds remaining (would have finished quicker, but I spent about a minute failing to remember Finneon and Lumineon)
148 out of 156

So yeah, Gen V doesn't do too badly for me.

Top Bottom