• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

lol my preferred moveset would be.

D Dance
Drain punch/rest
Ice Punch
Crunch

I don't think you can have Dragon Dance and Drain Punch in the same moveset.

And rest is useless unless your Scrafty has Shed Skin (which is not the ability to choose for an offensive Scrafty).

Trust me, I know a thing or two about our friend Scrafticus Zuruzukis.

Although Pokémon Online movesets are fun in theory, it's often maddeningly difficult to obtain them without hacking your game. Also, good luck Sketching both Dragon Dance and Drain Punch on a male Smeargle without going insane. Don't do it, ffdgh! You have so much to live for!

ffdgh

Don't you mean male smeargle?
And i already have access to both thanks to haxorus and a random meinfoo form victory road.

onward to the sports dome.

c'mon extreme speed and swords dance floatzel move tutor.

Wichu

I made these when BW2 were announced, but forgot to post them:
i2NWK9JEqAmUZ.png

4th gen style Kyurems!

I play competitive Pokémon very rarely, as I think EV training and move breeding is a pain.

However, out of the four times I've entered tournaments, I placed highly in two, was consolation champ in one, and actually won one, with a team of Scrafty, Lucario, Togekiss, Rampardos, Eelektross, and Gallade.

Then again, these were pretty small-scale ones, and I felt kinda bad beating down on 12- and 13-year olds who had entered the tournaments with their Zekroms and Palkias :p

Little Cup can be so much fun sometimes. I love bringing out a Munchlax equipped with an Eviolite and watching people have an aneurysm trying to KO it.

Suairyu

Banned
And yes, two of them cried and trembled before the might of Zidane's Dagron Claw.
Oh man I bet you felt good about yourself. I don't mean that ironically or sarcastically, I genuinely would feel amazing if some little brat who brought legendaries to the game cried because I beat them with regular Pokémon.

pro-tip: collect their tears in a bottle and there's usually some guy in a brown trench-coat out back who'll buy them off you for £20.

Oh man I bet you felt good about yourself. I don't mean that ironically or sarcastically, I genuinely would feel amazing if some little brat who brought legendaries to the game cried because I beat them with regular Pokémon.

Yeah, as much as I felt terrible for crushing the dreams of a small child who legitimately thought he had a chance without dedicating one iota of his being to training, it felt good to wipe the smug smiles off of their faces. To top it all off, most of the kids there couldn't even pronounce the names of their Pokés! A few of my favourites (I wrote them down :>):

Zeekroom, Pailkaya, Hooh (Ho-oh), Loojia, Keeeeeeyorrrrrrrrge! and Kyuhreem.

Aceness.

I felt so swag using my team with actual well-thought-out nicknames.

"Keeeeeeyorrrrrrrrge?"

Oh, Kyogre.

I wrote it down that way because literally every time this kid (he must've been somewhere between 10 and 12, it was hard to tell) said his Kyogre's name, he shouted it in that strange, butchered way, drawing out the "e" and the "or" every time.

Needless to say, it still cracks me up.

Reminds me of the time I went to a Black and White pre-release preview type thing and an employee of Nintendo kept pronouncing Cofagrigus' name like CoFAGrigus. Hear that folks? Nintendo said it; so it must be official!

I'd chuckle at those botched name pronunciations but I have no doubt that I still mispronounce many myself. I used to call Kyorge something like Ky-org.
Coming to think of it I have no clue how i'm supposed to say Cofagrigus, the most beneficial thing about the anime was learning these things but those days are long gone!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Key-ogre

I wrote it down that way because literally every time this kid (he must've been somewhere between 10 and 12, it was hard to tell) said his Kyogre's name, he shouted it in that strange, butchered way, drawing out the "e" and the "or" every time.

Needless to say, it still cracks me up.

Reminds me of the time I went to a Black and White pre-release preview type thing and an employee of Nintendo kept pronouncing Cofagrigus' name like CoFAGrigus. Hear that folks? Nintendo said it; so it must be official!

That's not how you think it's pronounced?

OMG Aero

The "Pokerap" that Nintendo released before Black and White came out is helpful for knowing how to pronounce some Unova Pokemon names (Cofagrigus is the third Pokemon in it).
Granted it is missing a great deal of the new Pokemon for some reason, I guess Nintendo didn't want to reveal them all before the game came out.

Also I just had a look at the Manaphy movie and in that they pronounce Kyogre as kai-ogre.

Gravijah

i'll be moving from black to white 2, because i've always been team reshiram. i just hope i don't lose out on the superior music.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's great. Zekrom was coolest, so I got White. Now White Kyurem is coolest, and I can get White 2!

Poor, neglected Black.

High five my White brotha!

I propose everyone who gets Black/2 have to sit in a different part of the bus. We shouldn't associate with those people.

People who get Black and White 2 or White and Black 2 should also sit with the Black owners since their DS's have been tainted.

ffdgh

either way is team reshiram/zekrom...... more or less lol

aww c'mon am i the only 1 getting black 2? I admit white kyurem looks great but.....i want mah reshiram.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would say "fricking Blackies" but I think that crosses the line I'm already skirting right now. :p

i got black for black city and was super disappointed at that crap. i think both legendaries are kind of ugly. my favourite rare poke was this awesome dude.

180px-639Terrakion.png

I went with White originally before double-dipping with Black, but if rumors of the crystals on the logos being related to Hoenn, I might go with Black 2 (Give me Sapphire over Ruby anyday!)

OMG Aero

I wonder if the thing with Black and White 2 will be that they swap all the version exclusives features around, so you could get all the Unova Pokemon and visit both White Forest and Black City by sticking with one version.

Wiseblade

I would say "fricking Blackies" but I think that crosses the line I'm already skirting right now. :p

I almost titled my Black/White OT "Which side are you on?" but was afraid it'd be too racially charged.

On a vaguely related note: I'm reminded of when I bought GW Nightfall (African themed expansion to the popular Online RPG) and noticed a sea of albino dudes in every town. I guess a lot of people just don't like playing as black people. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, Black dudes are scary.

And by that I mean any dude who bought Black must be mentally deranged.

Top Bottom