• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

young_ghetsis_and_zweilous_by_rekurobis-d4h519d.jpg

Sleep tight.

Don't get me wrong, guys, Hydreigon is among my favourites, and it's really hard to pick on him, especially when he looks like this:
hydreigon.png

D'awwwww factor: >9000

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i hate comics that try to humanize ghetsis. did they even play the games?

Well he is human. A bad parent and evil villain but he probably wasn't always that way. Maybe his character isn't so BLACK and WHITE but instead is a GRAY area.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
I just bought a Pokemon 3DS specifically for Pokemon Black, although I will undoubtedly get other games as well... probably even ones made for the 3D screen. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue/Yellow. Pokemon Black will arrive from Amazon tomorrow.

Do I need some sort of dummy's guide for making such a jump in the series?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
no. he is evil. he had a son just to abuse him.

Hrm, did he ever really abuse him though? The most we can say is he separated N from most humans and made him spend time with Pokemon instead, which N liked. He was also trying to basically make N ruler of the world, what parent wouldn't want to see that? His motives, of course, were evil.

Gravijah

Hrm, did he ever really abuse him though? The most we can say is he separated N from most humans and made him spend time with Pokemon instead, which N liked. He was also trying to basically make N ruler of the world, what parent wouldn't want to see that? His motives, of course, were evil.

he wasn't going to make N the ruler of the world. he was going to rule the world, and N would be his puppet.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
nah, It'll just come naturally.

That's what I figured since there are always plenty of people just getting started in/on the current version at any given time. I may feel somewhat overwhelmed by some of the new features of the game but I guess the in-game tutorials will take care of that, now that I think about it.

Ah well.

I'm super stoked to be getting back into it; it's been far too long.

Gravijah

That's what I figured since there are always plenty of people just getting started in/on the current version at any given time. I may feel somewhat overwhelmed by some of the new features of the game but I guess the in-game tutorials will take care of that, now that I think about it.

Ah well.

I'm super stoked to be getting back into it; it's been far too long.

pokemon games are always super easy to get into. you're really free to play the games however you want.

Without Boney the Pokémon community would be like Starcraft.

Urgh. I tried my luck with the StarCraft community last summer. So many ragequitters and jerkaholics...

At least I can have a civilized conversation on this board without someone calling me a noob or breaking down into jargon about 4gating and Creepshooting.

After finding out that I had missed Rock Tomb in the western part of the Desert Resort, I proceeded to wipe-out Elesa with my TM-equipped Drilbur alone. Thrilling. And Clay's gym is as sturdy as red clay.
It's bad enough that Driftveil feels like a mish-mash city—lots of great separate features that don't mix well together, like a bad sundae.

Aside from finding out how easy this game is (so far, I hope), very fun thus far. I hope we get to visit more of Unova in the sequel. Or how about a tropical island a la Hoenn, but based in the Caribbean or the Pacific? That could be interesting if done right—Hawaii is a U.S. state and we have territories in the West Indies.

Emitan

Urgh. I tried my luck with the StarCraft community last summer. So many ragequitters and jerkaholics...

At least I can have a civilized conversation on this board without someone calling me a noob or breaking down into jargon about 4gating and Creepshooting.

The actual pros are super nice. TOO BAD I PLAY IN BRONZE LEAGUE

Emitan

This has nothing to do with Pokémon but whatever.

ANDREX I SUDDENLY HAVE THE URGE TO INSTALL MAPLE STORY. I BLAME YOU. IT'S REALLY STRONG THIS TIME.

Well he is human. A bad parent and evil villain but he probably wasn't always that way. Maybe his character isn't so BLACK and WHITE but instead is a GRAY area.

There is no Grey. His character is a Black 2 or White 2 area.

And really? He kept N around explicitly abused and neglected Pokemon his entire life, allowed him no contact with humanity until he put his plan into action, and, if I remember the original text right, planned to dispose of him after he'd taken control. A man who can spend the best part of two decades manipulating his own son like that is not one who I can ever imagine happily playing with a Deino.

Oh, and N's a Zoroark, natch.

OMG Aero

I still don't understand Ghetsis' motivations behind N.
Did he treat him that as a child to get a good spokesperson for his campaign of getting everyone to release their Pokemon, or was making N grow up in that way the only way he could get someone to control one of the legendary dragons? And in that case what did he need the dragon for anyway, was he going to use it to force people to give up their Pokemon in the event that their first plan failed?

ffdgh

N is...was more or a innocent child in heart so who else would make a perfect pawn to summon a legendary dragon and take over the world lol

Top Bottom