• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

OMG Aero

I must have got unlucky with the online trading as I only really ever found people looking for stupid things, like a level 100 Celebi.

This is probably like the fifth time I have said this in this thread but if you are searching the GTS you are doing it wrong.
The right way to use the GTS is put up a Pokemon for the Pokemon you want. If you put up a fair Pokemon for it (Usually a starter or version exclusive) then your trade will complete itself in a few days.
If you actually search the GTS you are only ever going to see the trades that never go through and stay there forever.

Robin64

The right way to use the GTS is put up a Pokemon for the Pokemon you want. If you put up a fair Pokemon for it (Usually a starter or version exclusive) then your trade will complete itself in a few days.

I'll give that a go, thanks for the advice. I suppose it makes sense there are still people without starters and version exclusives.

So when is this film out? We all expecting it to officially reveal the exact relation between the Kyurem forms and Kyurem itself, yea?

The newest trailer states that the Kyurem formes are a combination of Kyurem and the energy of Reshiram or Zekrom. It seems to transfer at will in the actual movie, but that really doesn't mean anything.

OMG Aero

So I just got round to watching the latest episode of the cartoon and at first I thought Ash was actually having some character development.
2WrDt.jpg

"Since Elesa's Zebstrika uses electric type moves, an electric type like you won't be affected. But wait, it won't be affected by your electric type moves. You know what? I wanna try using my other Pokemon, I've been leaning on you, Tepig, Oshawott and a couple of other Pokemon for a while."
Oh wow, Ash is actually strategizing before a gym battle and he's going to mix it up instead of just using Pikachu and the starters like usual.

y8ViS.jpg

Holy shit he picked a Pokemon that can resist Zebstrika's electric type moves and Flame Charge, Ash is actually battling smart.

HT4oq.jpg

Well Palpitoad got knocked out by Elesa's Emolga, but it did manage to take out Zebstrika and it was mainly due to exhaustion rather than a fault on Ash's side. I'm sure he'll continue to pick good new Pokemon to use like he was planning at the start...

NpZnJ.jpg

...nope.

gRuPD.jpg
z5eCb.jpg

"None of my Pokemon have an advantage over electric and flying types."

fAJ2H.jpg

FUCK IT I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU

Don't forget thatvat this point in the animé, Ash has, like, 9 or so Pokémon that he uses in circulation. It's quite possible that he didn't anticipate Elesa using Flying types, and so did not have Roggenrola in his party at the time. Also keep in mind that thusfar, Ash had only seen Elesa's Zebstrika and Tynamo, so it was very easy for him to make the assumption that she only used pure Electric types.

OMG Aero

Don't forget thatvat this point in the animé, Ash has, like, 9 or so Pokémon that he uses in circulation. It's quite possible that he didn't anticipate Elesa using Flying types, and so did not have Roggenrola in his party at the time. Also keep in mind that thusfar, Ash had only seen Elesa's Zebstrika and Tynamo, so it was very easy for him to make the assumption that she only used pure Electric types.
In the episode after Palpitoad was knocked out he had to run out of the arena to grab his other Pokemon because he only thought he would need Palpitoad. He could have got Roggenrola or any other Pokemon then.

Wiseblade

In the episode after Palpitoad was knocked out he had to run out of the arena to grab his other Pokemon because he only thought he would need Palpitoad. He could have got Roggenrola or any other Pokemon then.

See, now this is what you should have made a big deal out of. he took one Pokémon into a gym battle. ONE.

"Yeah, This Palpitoad that I've only used like twice will totally sweep that Gym Leader! Who needs a team?"

Pff, who doesn't sweep entire gyms with one Pokémon? #swag

But seriously, why would he do that? There's a difference between overconfidence and just plain stupidity. Then again, this IS the guy who tried to beat an Excadrill with a Pikachu...

ffdgh

ash's iq still sucks excepts for rare moments..... and it gets worse in future episodes.

now ash....what happened to counter shield....

Sometimes I think that Tobias should be the protaganist of the animé. His solution to every problem seems to be kill it with legendaries.

Then again, if he was the main character, each season would only be like, 10 episodes long.

Actually, screw that. Barry should be the hero. That would be hilarious.

ffdgh

tobias was a plot device that shouldn't have existed due to the creators over excessions of dawns Pokemon contests...heck they even let her lost.

Barry and bell*idk how to spell her dub name lol*....its almost as if they're related

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No SoulSilver, but have HeartGold. Thought Mewtwo was event only. Made it to the pitch black cave under the bridge in HeartGold then I gave up and played Platinum instead.

Nope, he's in the cave. Need to use flash (and some HMs, I think.)

Sometimes I think that Tobias should be the protaganist of the animé. His solution to every problem seems to be kill it with legendaries.

Then again, if he was the main character, each season would only be like, 10 episodes long.

Actually, screw that. Barry should be the hero. That would be hilarious.

Lol. Hopefully they make a new Pokemon Chronicles that shows what he's up to.

You know, most people don't see the beauty that is Rampardos.

But, if you make him more than just a Pokémon, if you devote yourself to an ideal moveset, he becomes something else entirely.

A legend, comrades. A legend.

Better than Bastiodon at least.

Urrrrrrrrrrrgh. I tried to make Bastiodon work. I really did. But it's just. So. BAD.

Almost every team EVER has at least one Fighting- or Ground-type move, which really screwed me over every time I used it, especially in Pokémon Online.

Then, when I bough Platinum, I realized how beautiful Rampardos can be. This summer I bred and EV trained the perfect sweeper, and he ended up on my tourney-winning team.

Younicorn

Neo Member
I've been doing a lot of looking into the Masuda method, because, why not?

Obviously it seems the best way to go about this would be to get a Japanese Ditto, but unless someone here has one, how would I go about getting one?

I'm all for shiny hatching, but I also wonder if I'd be getting a hacked Ditto - that'd be the last thing I want.

While I'm not against hatching 8,000 plus eggs if it's a Pokemon I REALLY want, it'd be handy to simply have a Japanese ditto that I can mate with female Pokemon holding an everstone for a certain nature.

Anyone have tips/experience/advice?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

:p

Younicorn

Neo Member
I think MidnightScott and Wiseblade have JP copies, you could ask them.

Thanks for the suggestion, Andrex!

Coming off of that, do Ditto's also have IV's? I know that may sound silly, but since they're so liquid in just about everything else, is that even possible?

Younicorn

Neo Member
Yes, everything has IVs.

I was afraid you'd say that, ha!

Oh well, I'd rather cut the amount of work down significantly then have to hatch 7,000 more eggs than I need to, even if the IV's aren't as high as I'd like!

That being said, back on topic - I love all the visual changes they've made to White - it feels much more snappy!

Younicorn

Neo Member

Give me a break here, it's been a while!!

I guess I was more or less hoping the babies would take on the IV's of the parents that AREN'T Ditto instead of a mix of both, as I don't think anyone's going to want to trade me a 25+ IV Japanese Ditto.

In a perfect world I'd know Japanese and have access to the cart so I could do it myself...

DMG-01

I just caught a Tynamo in a nuzlocke run and I felt like sharing. I actually wanted to encounter something like a Klink because so far this run has been way too easy with common pokemon like Sandile, Darumaka (although mine is deceased :( ), Sewaddle, and Scrafty.

Top Bottom