• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

OMG Aero

What... just happened...

(My internet still works, but I can't connect to WFC?)

Dunno but I got disconnected too. It's a shame because that last match up would have been really interesting to see.

Side note: That hi jump kick kill was amazing. I had no idea that protect still caused it to do recoil damage.

OMG Aero

Good lord, I do hate protect. Especially when it's being used as a stalling tactic...
Yeah, protect and moody is a pretty great combination since you can usually use it twice in a row before it fails giving you two chances at the stat boost you need plus some free healing if you have leftovers.

Those were some great matches though. If that focus blast missed there's no way I would have won that last match.

Wiseblade

when you're doing something one on one it's easier to swap friend codes in thread to make sure both people are ready and paying attention.

Except saying "it's in the doc" is a lot quicker and easier than copying down a 12 digit numerical code every time you want to trade or battle.

Jeez... Sorry Wiseblade, I no idea why the connection is so bad. Maybe it's due to the fact that I'm connecting from a university dorm in Canada using a Wi-Fi Connector...

Wilbur

Banned
How do I get battling? I don't have anyone's friend codes or anything, I've never understood the DS's system of doing that.

Sigh... This is my face now:
tumblr_lx9lndxL0G1qdv47xo1_400.jpg

It's not that I'm that bad, it's just that everyone else is so much better...

I was talking more about FireBlast and FocusBlast earlier today. I was also paralyzed and burned by Thunderbolt and Scald respectively. Maybe tomorrow shall bring better luck.

Also, I have friend that uses Galvantula, so I'm pretty familiar as to how Compundeyes works. ;)

Wilbur

Banned
it doesn't work

(think you need to get the pal pad and then you can add FC's and stuff.)

I don't even know what that means haha, I'll read about it. I've been playing Black since it came out and all my pokeymans are like level 92, but I've never battled anyone except for my younger brother.

GGs, Wiseblade. You played magnificantly.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to crawl into my closet and cry for a few hours.

Eh, maybe the tournament coming up in Toronto next week will boost my morale.

Boney

Banned
I don't even know what that means haha, I'll read about it. I've been playing Black since it came out and all my pokeymans are like level 92, but I've never battled anyone except for my younger brother.

It's an item on your inventory.

If only these dickheads guys would help you out seeing they're most familiar with online battling. Cause I've never done it myself either.

I think I want to hop back into Pokemon Online just to try out some Double Battles, but I have no idea how well Rain Dance would work. My love of weather will be my downfall, I am positive.

Firestorm

If you're all having fun battling, definitely get ready for the official wifi ladder tournament: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pgl_2012_intl_chall_announce-2012-02-09/

It was a lot of fun last time playing while talking on IRC - even if the disconnections were frustrating.
I think I want to hop back into Pokemon Online just to try out some Double Battles, but I have no idea how well Rain Dance would work. My love of weather will be my downfall, I am positive.
Use the SkarmBliss server for doubles. And use Politoed for rain? Rain is good.

If you're all having fun battling, definitely get ready for the official wifi ladder tournament: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pgl_2012_intl_chall_announce-2012-02-09/

It was a lot of fun last time playing while talking on IRC - even if the disconnections were frustrating.Use the SkarmBliss server for doubles. And use Politoed for rain? Rain is good.

Well yeah I know to use Politoed, but all my experience is in Singles. I have no idea how to transfer my weather knowledge into a Doubles format when Doubles is its own ballgame altogether.

Top Bottom