• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Emitan

Pandoracell said:
Earlier in the year I put about 35 hours into Soul Silver, made it to the E4 and just sort of stopped. I went back recently to try to start playing it again but I just don't have the motivation. I'm not really happy with my team, and I would need to level them for a few hours before I had any shot of defeating the E4. Now, my question is if I move on to Black/White, will the improvements made there make me never want to go back to SS/Platinum (which I would also like to play)? I've had Black since launch but i've only put around 30 minutes into. I'm just wondering if I would be better off sticking it out with SS until i'm totally done with it.
I did the same thing with Soul Silver. Trust me, you'll love Black or White.

Wichu

We're in Community!
Now the thread title makes sense!

Also, I went on the Dream World site for the first time in ages, and got a female Bidoof. Ultimate Bidoof trolling team, go go go!

Time for more fanart!

O2ar2.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/#/d3fn8cd

MarkusRJR

Ugh I can't decide if I want to get Pokemon Platinum or Pokemon Rumble Blast. A sequel to my favourite WiiWare game (and a spin-off to Black and White; My favourite generation) vs. the 3rd entry into my most hated generation (my main problems were the horribly slow battles and shitty Pokemon designs).

I kind of want to give the 4th gen a second chance, but at the same time I want to forget it ever happened. :/

UltimateIke said:
That's right. Now buy Black or White version. Redeem yourself! It's not too late!

But seriously, you should try out one of the new games. They're great fun! :)
I might eventually. I have too many games on the 360 to play, alongside having a girlfriend and getting my MBA after full time work to really delve into something new. Maybe in the summer next year?

Yaceka said:
Ugh I can't decide if I want to get Pokemon Platinum or Pokemon Rumble Blast. A sequel to my favourite WiiWare game (and a spin-off to Black and White; My favourite generation) vs. the 3rd entry into my most hated generation (my main problems were the horribly slow battles and shitty Pokemon designs).

I kind of want to give the 4th gen a second chance, but at the same time I want to forget it ever happened. :/
Get Rumble Blast just to piss off Andrex.
hehehe

Boney

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I'm gonna be honest: I still haven't played Black/White. My DSLite being unable to detect my router is a big reason why, too.
that's not a good reason at all!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Professor Beef said:
But I want the special online stuff, and nobody who lives near me has the game so I can't trade or anything. :(

Get a DSi/3DS.

Or make your router not be so crappy.

Wiseblade

What order did everyone play the games in? I went:

Red -> Yellow -> Ruby -> Emerald -> Gold -> Diamond -> Platinum -> LeafGreen -> Black.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wiseblade said:

Red -> Yellow -> Ruby -> Emerald -> Gold -> Diamond -> Platinum -> LeafGreen -> Black.

Red - Gold - Crystal - Sapphire - Fire Red - Pearl - Platinum - Heart Gold - Black (JPN) - White (NA)

Although I've owned two copies of many games, like Red / Blue, Diamond / Pearl, etc. And around two dozen spin off titles.

Wiseblade said:

Standard order but with Gold/Silver after Fire Red/Leaf Green.
So basically I switched around gen 2 with gen 3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blue → Yellow → Gold & Silver (simultaneously) → Sapphire → Pearl → SoulSilver → Platinum → White

Wiseblade said:

Yellow -> *Blue -> Gold -> Crystal -> Emerald -> *FireRed -> *LeafGreen -> Diamond -> *HeartGold -> Black

*I only borrowed these, never owned them. Mostly because lazy fucks wouldn't catch and trade the version exclusives I needed. I had to do it myself. :mad:

I completed the PokéDex on Yellow, Crystal, Diamond, and Black. :)

Izayoi

Banned
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Silver
Gold
Crystal
Sapphire
Ruby
LeafGreen
FireRed
Emerald
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
SoulSilver
HeartGold
White
Black

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Silver
Gold
Crystal
Sapphire
Ruby
LeafGreen
FireRed
Emerald
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
SoulSilver
HeartGold
White
Black
Green? So basically you're played everything.

Am I the only person who has gone back to a generation they missed the first time round?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Am I the only person who has gone back to a generation they missed the first time round?

Probably because the rest of us are true fans who would never skip a whole generation.

Izayoi

Banned
Boney said:
Red - Yellow - Silver (my brother got gold) - gross period - Diamond - Platinum - SS - White
Yikes, looks like we have a non-fan on our hands.

Firestorm said:
Red -> Gold -> FireRed -> Pearl -> HeartGold -> Black
Here as well.

What are we to do?

Exterminieren said:
Great. Without internet for a week, and come back to find the thread in Community. Goddamnit.

Come on, pokeGaf, don't let this die.
Clearly Community is Team Rocket and this thread is Cubone's Mother...

Exterminieren said:
Great. Without internet for a week, and come back to find the thread in Community. Goddamnit.

Come on, pokeGaf, don't let this die.

Um what? Community threads do good now. Keep up with the news.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wouldn't say community threads 'do good'. They keep the members they've picked up from Gaming side, but barely anyone new will venture in stunting growth.

Roto13

Wiseblade said:
Green? So basically you're played everything.

I skipped Gen III at first, but bought FireRed soon after I bought Diamond so I could transfer some Kanto Pokemon. Then I bought Emerald later. Other than that, I played them as they were released.

Top Bottom