• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Gravijah

Andrex said:
That actually always made sense to me. He's taking one step forward.

If he were running and it was only one leg, then that'd be weird. But just walking it fine.

how does that make sense

you don't move the same foot forward over and over again

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
how does that make sense

you don't move the same foot forward over and over again

You do if you're a .5-inch sprite in a monochromatic videogame.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also monochromatic means shades of a color. Doesn't have to be black and white. Or... green and dark green.

"Monochrome describes paintings, drawings, design, or photographs in one color or shades of one color."

Even on GBC/Super GB, the towns were mostly monochrome. Yellow spiced it up a little, G/S were much better, and Crystal was the first full GBC game.

Chet Rippo said:
Your favorite rival is a guy named Pearl...
It's Barry. Don't joke.
p2GLs.gif

But Gary Oak is a better rival. The OG.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh so the truce is over then?

Because I've already taken one of you Gen 3 defenders out already and I wouldn't hesitate for the rest of you.

Except maybe Grav. But only for a second.

Kaper

Fuck yeah, pokemon! Started playing Fire Red a couple days ago. My friends and I are going to have massive battles again. I always lose myself looking up stats, movesets and the like, it hard not to get hardcore about playing pokemon. Playing FR has really made me want to play Silver, though, since it is the best game in the series.

Gravijah

Kaper said:
Fuck yeah, pokemon! Started playing Fire Red a couple days ago. My friends and I are going to have massive battles again. I always lose myself looking up stats, movesets and the like, it hard not to get hardcore about playing pokemon. Playing FR has really made me want to play Silver, though, since it is the best game in the series.

soul silver is waiting for you. it's just as good as you remember.

PS_GUY

What do you guys think the Pokemon game that will be released next Spring in Japan will be?

I think it'll be another spin-off game. Probably a B/W Mystery Dungeon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kaper said:
I totally forgot about SS/HG. Gotta go find a friend with a DS I can borrow.

It's sooooo good. It's basically everything good about Pokemon (even that one-off feature from Yellow!) rolled into one. The perfect Pokemon game.

PS_GUY said:
What do you guys think the Pokemon game that will be released next Spring in Japan will be?

Yeah, that's what I think too. Though we should hear about the next main Pokemon game at around that time.

Kaper

Sooo, uuhhh, yeah. I never realized there were so many different kinds of DS hardware.

1) Is the DS Lite the only one of the four that can play GBA games?
2) The 3DS is the "next-gen" handheld to compete with the Vita. Is it correct to assume most games in the future will be 3DS only?
3) I'm mainly interested in getting a DS for Pokemon, possibly some Zelda action, what system does GAF recommend?

PS_GUY said:

I think that Nintendo will be pushing Game Freak HARD for a new RPG as soon as possible. If it's important enough to mention at an investor meeting, I'll guess it's a new RPG.

Kaper said:
Sooo, uuhhh, yeah. I never realized there were so many different kinds of DS hardware.

2) The 3DS is the "next-gen" handheld to compete with the Vita. Is it correct to assume most games in the future will be 3DS only?
3) I'm mainly interested in getting a DS for Pokemon, possibly some Zelda action, what system does GAF recommend?
Get a 3DS. The next generation, so basically all games will be 3DS exclusive from now on. It has back-compatability with the DS, and also has Ocarina of Time 3D on the Zelda front.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kaper said:

1. Yes. Well, the out-of-production original DS can play them. But of the DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS, yes, the DS Lite is the only one that can still play DS games.

2. Yes.

3. If you need GBA compatibility, then go DS Lite, it's a fine system. If you don't, then get a 3DS, it can play all DS, DSi, and 3DS games.

Kaper

Thanks, Andrex/Exterminieren. I just looked at my local electronics store, and for only seventy dollars difference between the DS Lite and 3DS it sounds like I can't go wrong with a 3DS. Plus, it means no worries playing on a borrowed system.

Kaper said:
Thanks, Andrex/Exterminieren. I just looked at my local electronics store, and for only seventy dollars difference between the DS Lite and 3DS it sounds like I can't go wrong with a 3DS. Plus, it means no worries playing on a borrowed system.
As far as Zelda goes, 3DS will let you play Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks (the DS games), Ocarina of Time 3D (N64 remake), Link's Awakening DX (GBC download), and Four Swords Anniversary Edition (GBA download + extra stages). You'll also get the chance to download Zelda 1 and 2 when NES games are added to the Virtual Console!

Plus, you'll be able to play the future games!

It's the right choice!

Frost_Ace

Soooo I'm replaying emerald and I think it's really the best "third" iteration , the battle frontier is still the best one. Hope that gray can finally surpass it.

Wiseblade

Frost_Ace said:
Soooo I'm replaying emerald and I think it's really the best "third" iteration , the battle frontier is still the best one. Hope that gray can finally surpass it.
It really is the best.

Tenck

UltimateIke said:
Gotta pad the numbers somehow. You don't get to 649 with good ideas.

Hahahahaha, thanks for that. Made me laugh much more than I should have.

I should really get back to work on Pokemon Black, but the leveling is so slow :/

That and I've already replaced one pokemon, so more leveling!

Top Bottom