• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Uh yes, how is this even an argument? Lance/Red's theme is legendary. I didn't even remember what Blue's was until someone posted a link on GAF a year ago.
I swear, switch around the names and that's exactly how I feel.

Izayoi

Banned
reshiram-ex.jpg
zekrom-ex.jpg
022.jpg

I need them in my life.

spindashing said:
For a character for a day, he looks pretty cool.
Actually, by and large, the Best Wishes character designs have been really good. That CoTD has very little prominence in the episode, but still has a great design.

There are now 5 ongoing rivals for the group, only one of which (Bianca) is based of an in-game design. The rest are original, and really rather good, characters.

I'd say character design is the area where Best Wishes is immeasurably better than the other anime series. They've reduced the amounts of CoTD, and have made the characters that they do have far better designed.

Gotta love that Ash redesign, too.

EDIT: Speaking of anime music, time to kick it up into God-tier.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Uh yes, how is this even an argument? Lance/Red's theme is legendary. I didn't even remember what Blue's was until someone posted a link on GAF a year ago.

this sounds like a personal problem

you also missed out on the badass as fuck FRLG remix.

You guys can thank me when you all get an awesome Primeape from the results of that poll...
Actually I wonder what pokemon will actually win, you may as well start preparing for a Charizard or Pikachu as unexciting as it sounds.

Wiseblade

Do I vote for Empoleon and spread his awesomeness throughout the world, or vote for something I actually want?

Does it come with its Dream World ability?

upandaway

Wiseblade said:
Do I vote for Empoleon and spread his awesomeness throughout the world, or vote for something I actually want?

Does it come with its Dream World ability?
If it doesn't I might as well not bother voting.

This is a tough choice.
Mew has enough events spread throughout the generations.
Celebi had a recent event..
Jirachi had a event event, but is pretty rare overall.
Deoxys can be gotten via the latest Pokemon Ranger game.
Darkrai and Shaymin had wifi events in Gen IV and wifi events in Pokemon Ranger 2 and 3.
Arceus is probably the rarest, especially since Nintendo hasn't unlocked the in-game gen IV event.

I will probably vote for Jirachi or Arceus.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Searching for Meleotta or Genosect doesn't bring anything up. :(

Exterminieren said:
I'd say character design is the area where Best Wishes is immeasurably better than the other anime series. They've reduced the amounts of CoTD, and have made the characters that they do have far better designed.

On the other hand, recurring characters don't have as great designs, like Trip.

Exterminieren said:
Gotta love that Ash redesign, too.

I flip back and forth between liking it and hating it. Ash just looks so much older in the Sinnoh saga.

Gravijah said:
this sounds like a personal problem

you also missed out on the badass as fuck FRLG remix.

I actually prefer the FRLG mix.

Andrex said:
On the other hand, recurring characters don't have as great designs, like Trip.
I dunno. His isn't so great, but Iris' and Cilan's rivals have really good, distinctive designs.

And they're all better than Barry, of course.

come at me, bro

Gravijah said:
i actually didn't vote. first person to come up with a nonlame pokemon for me to vote for... wins... a vote... or that pokemon.
Metagross.

Come on, Metagross.

Wiseblade said:
Trip really is the worst.
Nice character development, though. Paul, as good as he was, had little character progression.

I like Trip as a rival, personally.

Wiseblade

Exterminieren said:
Metagross.

Come on, Metagross.

Nice character development, though. Paul, as good as he was, had little character progression.

I like Trip as a rival, personally.
I think he's the worst rival. He's basically Gary's douchiness without any of his coolness. Paul was a great personification/parody of competitive battlers.

Wiseblade said:
I think he's the worst rival. He's basically Gary's douchiness without any of his coolness. Paul was a great personification/parody of competitive battlers.
They've actually been developing his character in a bit of an interesting way for a rival. He's actually helped Ash on several occasions, even pausing a battle to show him what his Oshawott was doing wrong. He's had flashbacks of childish glee over Alder, too. He seems to be more of an aloof yet secretly nice guy than Paul's over-competitive douchebag.

Wichu

Guys... Dream World Dragonite is already available.

Ondore said:
VOTE DITTO YOU FOOLS.
This.

Please don't waste a vote on something without a DW ability, or one that's already available :(

Wiseblade

If you don't vote for any of the following:

Eevee
Charmander family
Cyndaquil family
Torchic family
Ditto
Event exclusive Pokémon

Then you're dead to me.

Andrex said:
I voted for Drifloon.

Flame Boost~