• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

EvilMario said:
Noctowl is the best Normal / Flying type. Come at me, bros.
You will get no argument from me but i've always been disappointed with Noctowl's typing, Dark or Psychic would have fit nicely over Normal but oh well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It would be nice if Gen 6 changed a couple old Pokemon's typings. It would mess everyone up for a little while, but hey, we got over Magnemite/ton's change just fine.

Andrex said:
It would be nice if Gen 6 changed a couple old Pokemon's typings. It would mess everyone up for a little while, but hey, we got over Magnemite/ton's change just fine.
Throw some Steel in for Nosepass, it was a rock at first with a sprite to match but then Pokemon Colosseum came along and it was visibly metallic which has always bugged me, of course it does evolve into a part steel type at least.

Wiseblade

EvilMario said:
ivvJ7.png

Farfetch'd evolution should be Fighting / Flying.

It would already have a great move pool with Swords Dance, Brave Bird, Agility, U-Turn, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Roost.. and would probably pick up some of the better fighting type moves like Close Combat. Its typing would be pretty amazing offensively.

Give it something like 75 / 110 / 70 / 100 / 80 / 102 base stats and let's roll.
Even just Switching Staraptor's Normal for Fighting makes it pretty broken. Close Combat becomes that much more threatening and U-Turn becomes easier to exploit without a SR weakness. Fighting/Flying is unresisted outside of non-existent Ghost/Rock and Ghost/Steel Pokémon, so he could pretty easily get away with running Quick Attack. Brave Bird/Close Combat/U-Turn/Extremespeed (Because if Togekiss can learn it...) could play similarly to Flygon in Gen IV, except WAY more powerful.

Nocturnowl said:
Throw some Steel in for Nosepass, it was a rock at first with a sprite to match but then Pokemon Colosseum came along and it was visibly metallic which has always bugged me, of course it does evolve into a part steel type at least.
since the type combo rock and steel sucks, I don't really want that to happen.

Wichu

Firestorm said:
Some friends of mine run a Pokemon Club at the University of Victoria and they did these yesterday:

317366_2129735969669_1434063224_31805625_2079914269_n.jpg
Quoting for the new page, just because this is awesome. Banette is a natural fit for a pumpkin.

Also, best Normal/Flying type:
277Swellow.png

Staraptor is second, though.

Izayoi said:
That sounds like a baseless speculation and wishful thinking by the person who wrote the article.

How does Zoura and Zoroark = Keldeo and new Kyurem?
Two covered up, unrevealed Pokemon; Keldeo certainly seems to fit, and either Meloetta or new Kyurem forme would also fit.

Bear in mind there was a Pokemon game mentioned as coming to Japan in the spring; probably see the first bits of advertising there.

Izayoi

Banned
Exterminieren said:
Two covered up, unrevealed Pokemon; Keldeo certainly seems to fit, and either Meloetta or new Kyurem forme would also fit.

Bear in mind there was a Pokemon game mentioned as coming to Japan in the spring; probably see the first bits of advertising there.
There's also Genesect. Keldeo fits because he rounds out the trio, but did they feature the alternate form of Giratina in this promotion in the past?

Wiseblade

Aren't the musketeers getting a movie next year? That'd make Keldeo more likely, along with the fact that it's the first of the Unova event trio in terms of Dex no. The second could be anything though. For all we know, it could be Deoxys.

PS_GUY

Izayoi said:
That sounds like a baseless speculation and wishful thinking by the person who wrote the article.

How does Zoura and Zoroark = Keldeo and new Kyurem?

I think they posted the picture of the Movie 13 figures as an example.

It will likely be Keldeo. Who knows what the other Pokemon will be..

If Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes are coming soon then it might be a Pokemon from the Hoenn Region?

Wiseblade

PS_GUY said:
I think they posted the picture of the Movie 13 figures as an example.

It will likely be Keldeo. Who knows what the other Pokemon will be..

If Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes are coming soon then it might be a Pokemon from the Hoenn Region?
Masuda shot down the RS rumours, so there's not really anything to go on for the second empty space.

I'm calling it now though, Keldeo is a lock.

PS_GUY

Wiseblade said:
Masuda shot down the RS rumours, so there's not really anything to go on for the second empty space.

I'm calling it now though, Keldeo is a lock.

When did Masuda shoot down the RS rumours? I don't remember ever reading about that.

If you're referring to his Twitter replies then he basically just said something along the line that the games were important to him. He neither confirm a remake nor deny it.

EvilMario said:
Gengar has nothing on Haunter.
Both pale to Dusclops.

Not Dusknoir, though. Screw Dusknoir.

Izayoi said:
There's also Genesect. Keldeo fits because he rounds out the trio, but did they feature the alternate form of Giratina in this promotion in the past?
I don't think they'll reveal Genesect before they reveal Meloetta; don't want to be breaking that Dex order.

I'm fairly sure that they did similar things with Shaymin, Shaymin's Sky Forme, and Giratina's Origin Forme.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chandelure > Drifblim/loon > Giratina >>>>>> every other ghost type ever

Oh and Dusknoir > Dusclops

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
that's something someone without a shiny chandelure would say

Nah, shiny Litwick is cool but shiny Chandelure just looks dumb.

Exterminieren said:
In what world is orange fire meant to be better than blue? Shinies are supposed to be impressive, damnit.

Exactly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shiny Raichu and Toge* line still kind of make me mad. So much potential, but oh, no, here's a slightly off-color version of the normal one! :/

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Shiny Raichu and Toge* line still kind of make me mad. So much potential, but oh, no, here's a slightly off-color version of the normal one! :/

uhm, but shiny raichu is awesome. i love the orange. one of my favorite shinies.

Andrex said:
Better than Pikachu. Ooh, slightly darker yellow.

I like shinies to be different.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I do still want a Shiny Togekiss though... for some reason... should look into RNG-ing...

Wichu

Exterminieren said:
Shit, forgot Drifblim and Chandelure.

Drifblim>Chandelure>Sableye>*
Something like this. Though maybe I'd reverse the ordering. Sableye > Chandelure > Drifblim > *. That's better.

I need a Prankster Sableye RIGHT NOW!

Andrex said:
I do still want a Shiny Togekiss though... for some reason... should look into RNG-ing...
Thought you already started trying to RNG ... but that was before your 3 month gaf break so IDK what happened there :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
Thought you already started trying to RNG ... but that was before your 3 month gaf break so IDK what happened there :/

Yeah I was about to but couldn't muster the care at the time. :p

Top Bottom