• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
I got Black yesterday. Made it to the first Gym Leader and used Sand Attack 6 times so I could try and level up my Purrloin. His response? Critical hit Bite from Lillipup 4 times in a row, knocking out my team.

:|

Best to try leveling up Pokemon outside of the Gym battles. Although, you only need to keep the Pokemon out for one turn for it to give EXP.
If it can't survive for one turn, let another one of your Pokemon faint so you can choose the Pokemon you want to level to come out without worry of it getting hit, then switch it to your stronger Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Best to try leveling up Pokemon outside of the Gym battles. Although, you only need to keep the Pokemon out for one turn for it to give EXP.
If it can't survive for one turn, let another one of your Pokemon faint so you can choose the Pokemon you want to level to come out without worry of it getting hit, then switch it to your stronger Pokemon.

I know how to play Pokemon. I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the AI.

Kokonoe

Banned
This reminds me I need to obtain XD's music. 240p youtube? No thanks.

What the fuck?

Colloseum's page on TvTropes:

He's even got his own theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8plaCCz28&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL393DB315805C3112

Had no clue this existed.

My like for Colosseum continues to rise. That's hilarious. (although that's a fan-theme) His theme plays in the video Exterminieren plays.

Yes indeed.

On a related note; good Lord above, I'd forgotten how terrible Colosseum looked and sounded.

This is the actual theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHFc-gIeI

Colosseum and XD sound great. They look okay after all of these years, too, and they were the best-looking things you could buy in Gen 3. Ah...

Since we're talking about music: who thinks any music like this from Pokemon Pinball could have been Ichinose's doing? It shares a lot of his early musical style and quirks (complex melodies, intricate chord progressions, romantic influence), but there aren't any credits for the game still. Furthermore: both pinball themes from the game are actually arrangements of the Viridian City theme and a theme from the Japanese anime, first season.

Watch Da Birdie

They look okay after all of these years, too, and they were the best-looking things you could buy in Gen 3

Don't forget Pokemon Channel.

That game rocked. I fucking loved watching the Psyduck News.

EDIT: Also the anime episode included was cute.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, I was pretty young at the time...

The most interesting thing about Pokemon Channel is how the short featured Meowth's Party at the end, and it seems like the footage was actual game-play as you can see Meowth running around "activating" various Pokemon by shooting sound waves at them...and often he'll shoot multiple ones before hitting a target.

So when is the episode when Ash and co. take on Homika and any way of me seeing it online (Since I don't really use my TV's for...watching TV)

Xux

I feel very sorry for you, my friend. Channel was an abomination to anyone but Cute-GAF!

Here: another original from Pokemon Pinball that I think Ichinose was involved in. Part of me is excited to know if he did the soundtrack, simply because I'm his biggest fangirl and explanations for his apparent lack of work are hard to come by (outside of him being a lazy fuck).
Sounds like the bike theme. Maybe he's busy directing a Drill Dozer sequel, lolol.

image.php
wat

Top Bottom