• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Just got reminded of my experience with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Dark. Story was great, and gameplay was enjoyable, but I ended up getting stuck due to having nothing to restore my fatigue after
you get warped where evil Dialga is and attempt to escape.

I wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong, but there literally was no way to obtain any items to go further, and there were too many floors to beat it without enough items. After 20 or so attempts, I caved in and used Action Replay and ended up at another point where this occurred and used it again. I think it's the only game I used Action Replay to beat.

Although I tend to not read guides so I sometimes miss out on vital info. Has anyone else experienced that with this game? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

I should play the Shining Force games. I think I own the first two.

They are quite good. Love the art in them
1Apa5.jpg

All of Tamaki's girls are cute, and they're everywhere in the first Shining Force and Shining in the Darkness.

But Landstalker's still my favorite work that he participated in. If only he did Pokemon.

We're just patiently waiting on more details from Game Freak at this point, so it's understandable that a few of us might be bored enough to wander in and talk about old SEGA game artwork.

I think I'm just getting old then...;(

So when is a possible time we might hear any more about B/W2 during E3? Fall can't come soon enough...

Shining Force III is the only one I'd recommend, simply because Langrisser and Fire Emblem beat the shit out of the first two Force games. III, however, is a monstrosity in its own league. Definitely recommended.

Finally. Finally.

I finally found videos of Bazaru de Gozaru no Game de Gozaru, the first game that Go Ichinose did the music for. Took me a while to locate it, but NicoNico Douga rarely fails on me when it comes to tracking this stuff down. I'm also suspecting that he did music for Pokemon Pinball as well, but no one has the game credits for that game. No one at all!

Which makes me wish that they'd release the B2/W2 Super Complete ASAP, so I can at least know how much music was allocated to him for the third-version games.

Gravijah

Finally. Finally.

I finally found videos of Bazaru de Gozaru no Game de Gozaru, the first game that Go Ichinose did the music for. Took me a while to locate it, but NicoNico Douga rarely fails on me when it comes to tracking this stuff down. I'm also suspecting that he did music for Pokemon Pinball as well, but no one has the game credits for that game. No one at all!

Which makes me wish that they'd release the B2/W2 Super Complete ASAP, so I can at least know how much music was allocated to him for the third-version games.

did you find click medic music yet

pleeeeaseeeee

Is there any way I can connect online if my router is WPA and I have a DS Lite? Like, can I use my laptop somehow?

See if you can change the security on your router to WEP, if only temporary. I remember I was able to do that whenever I needed to go online with my DS to do a trade or something.

See if you can change the security on your router to WEP, if only temporary. I remember I was able to do that whenever I needed to go online with my DS to do a trade or something.

There are too many things connected to the router to risk doing that, and I don't want to have to bother reconfiguring it again if I mess up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ash's roster for Gym 8 is Pikachu, Pignite, Leavanny, Unfezant, Palpitoad, and Boldore...all his reserves bar Krokorok, who just got a Gym Battle so it's understandable.

Just got reminded of my experience with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Dark. Story was great, and gameplay was enjoyable, but I ended up getting stuck due to having nothing to restore my fatigue after
you get warped where evil Dialga is and attempt to escape.

I remember that part, you literally just have to keep running through and level-up, and get lucky with which items you keep when dying.

I bought Sky the other day, and in that version you can play the Special Episodes as the items you get in them are transferable.

did you find click medic music yet

pleeeeaseeeee
Noo0()ooooo. Unfortunately, all that the great LPers on Douga have posted are commentated playthroughs of the game. That's al I found of Gozaru as well, but Gozaru's a much-shorter game and I was able to get to most of the good stuff with ease.

The game itself is a really-interesting puzzle game, where your monkey is essentially a linear-sequence robot that has to be programmed correctly in order to get the best possible results. Also includes awesome early music from Ichinose, CD quality at that.

There are too many things connected to the router to risk doing that, and I don't want to have to bother reconfiguring it again if I mess up.

Ahhh. Well from checking online and what I remember, DS Lite can only connect if the security is WEP (This is probably old news to you) sooo...that's the only suggestion I could think of. Or maybe get a DSi or DSXL (Though I'm not sure if Pokemon will still connect via WPA)...yea, sorry I can't be of more help...;(

Anth0ny

I've done it.

It took me 11 years, but I've finally completed Round 2 in Pokemon Stadium 2. That is by far the longest it's ever taken me to complete a game.

Now, I'm going to play Pokemon Crystal at 4x speed in the Dodrio Gameboy Tower. Possibly a Nuzlocke run. Good day.

Kokonoe

Banned
I've done it.

It took me 11 years, but I've finally completed Round 2 in Pokemon Stadium 2. That is by far the longest it's ever taken me to complete a game.

Now, I'm going to play Pokemon Crystal at 4x speed in the Dodrio Gameboy Tower. Possibly a Nuzlocke run. Good day.

Truly hardcore.

Had to look up those modes...now I remember hearing about them back then. But wow, that would make those older games a little more playable now. I wish they would let us unlock those modes in the games now that I think about it.

EDIT: Just dawned on me that Pokemon Black/White 2 is a DS game. I don't know why I thought it was a 3DS title...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
For reals, I was expecting them to be animated from the get go!

Not even the Gym Leaders or Elite Four had them in Black and White. :/

Worse, the game tricked you by showing off the cool animations of N, Cheren, and Bianca, and then you get to Cilan, Chilli, or Cress and it's "static sprites, fuck you".

I got Black yesterday. Made it to the first Gym Leader and used Sand Attack 6 times so I could try and level up my Purrloin. His response? Critical hit Bite from Lillipup 4 times in a row, knocking out my team.

:|

Top Bottom