• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Hey guys, quick question, which is the better Eevee evolution out of Leafeon and Glaceon? I restarted Heart Gold while I wait for Black & White 2 and Bill has just given me Eevee. I was thinking Glaceon, for the Gym Battle with Claire.

Hey guys, quick question, which is the better Eevee evolution out of Leafeon and Glaceon? I restarted Heart Gold while I wait for Black & White 2 and Bill has just given me Eevee. I was thinking Glaceon, for the Gym Battle with Claire.

I think Leafeon would be more useful in the game since I can't think of many good grass Pokemon you can get in HGSS that don't require an evolutionary stone. You can get some Ice Pokemon in the Ice Cave on your way to Clair, like Jynx or Swinub.

Teknoman

Hype is slowly building for B/W2 (trying to keep it at a minimum with media blackout) but has it been revealed how you'll get berries or if there will be any new EV reducing items?

Wichu

Hype is slowly building for B/W2 (trying to keep it at a minimum with media blackout) but has it been revealed how you'll get berries or if there will be any new EV reducing items?

No love for Dream World? I'm not expecting it to change; wait for the R/S remakes.

upandaway

I was cleaning up my shelf and look what I found!

(white)
GNi9c.jpg

BuyIx.jpg

(platinum, i think)
FV1SE.jpg
HHdap.jpg

Breeding, man.

Wichu

I've written down RNG times so I could breed/catch on long train/coach journeys before. I'm so glad that I don't breed traditionally any more :p

Ultratech

Agreed. I started a new game in Heart Gold with Chikorita and now I don't think I can bring myself to finish it.

Same here. Did a "gift/one-off" only run in HG with Chikorita as my starter. Couldn't bring myself to finish it. (Think I got to Victory Road?)
Wasn't totally satisfied with my party either. Think it was Meganium, Sudowoodo, Gyarados, Ho-Oh, Dragonair, and Togetic that I ended up with.

There's also a motherfucking airship in B2/W2

Second region transport, perhaps?

Anyway, I'm starting a new White runthrough before BW2 hit, and I'm looking to use a whole slate of Pokémon that I haven't used in any meaningful way on any other runthrough. This means no:
Samurott
Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Chandelure
Seismitoad
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Leavanny
Eelektross
Vanilluxe
Golurk
Dwebble

What are my best options, having started with Tepig and without trading or events?

No Crustle, please.

OMG Aero

Anyway, I'm starting a new White runthrough before BW2 hit, and I'm looking to use a whole slate of Pokémon that I haven't used in any meaningful way on any other runthrough. This means no:
Samurott
Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Chandelure
Seismitoad
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Leavanny
Eelektross
Vanilluxe
Golurk
Dwebble

What are my best options, having started with Tepig and without trading or events?

No Crustle, please.

You should use the best Pokemon.
tzTdX.gif

Wichu

Samurott
Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Chandelure
Seismitoad
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Leavanny
Eelektross
Vanilluxe
Golurk
Dwebble

No Crustle, please.

SCOLIPEDE
Sigilyph is a beast with a couple of TMs.
Bisharp is pretty cool.
Lilligant might be a neat Grass-type.
Jellicent looks quite decent.

There you go. Nice type mix, no ugly Pokémon (Sigilyph is good, screw the haters), and SCOLIPEDE.

EDIT: C'mon, Galvantula isn't even the best Bug-type in 5th gen.

EDIT2: Crap, forgot Bouffalant. If you're willing to wait long enough to obtain him, Bouffalant is the manliest Pokémon. Even the females are manly.

Wiseblade

Samurott
Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Chandelure
Seismitoad
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Leavanny
Eelektross
Vanilluxe
Golurk
Dwebble

No Crustle, please.

Galvantula is conspicuously absent from your list. Volcarona is the only good Fire type missing too.

Wichu

Galvantula is conspicuously absent from your list. Volcarona is the only good Fire type missing too.

I thought we were assuming Emboar was a fix? Not much point having two Fire-types. Also, Volcarona is a pain to obtain (by the time you get it, you'll have finished the main game already).

Wichu

What's better; Lilligant or Whimsicott?

Just remembered the ingame trade, so I could go for a Cottonee if it's recommended.

I'm using Cottonee in my current playthrough; it's not particularly useful in-game. It takes too long to get KOs; I suspect Lilligant's higher attack power (plus Quiver Dance) would be more useful in-game than Whimsicott's disruption abilities.

Lilligant it is then.

I'm thinking:
Emboar
Lilligant
Galvantula
Sigilyph
Jellicent
And one more; Archeops, maybe? Possibly a Bisharp if I can train it sufficiently before the league.

One thing that BW2 needs to fix; better Pokemon distribution. I don't want to have to force my way through loads of Lillipup and Purrloin before I get to the good stuff, and I particularly don't want Pokémon like Deino and Mienfoo hidden until the endgame.

EDIT: Goddamnit, I can't get Frillish until Twist Mountain, and Pawniard until Route 9.
Shit sucks.

Top Bottom