• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

The battle system I'm thinking of wouldn't sacrifice any of the complex systems currently-featured in B/W, and it wouldn't be as slow and prodding as Xenoblade's system either. To me, it's kind of like how Spacewars plays, with two opponents facing each, strafing around and trying to find the best opening for an attack, whilst considering strategic possibilities. Just a thought.

But I agree that it shouldn't be implemented in the mainline games, because that would trip everyone up. The rest of the anime feels cheap, too.

Wiseblade

as you should, because the xenoblade battle system isn't really that amazing.

It's like FF12, but more boring.

take ffxii and remove control and you have xenoblades battle system.

iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm not that hot on Xenoblade's battle system but then again I played the game for like two hours and shelved it. Hard to get into such massive games these days not called Pokemon. Although I might have more time now that I'm jobless. Was kinda hoping to use that time for MonHun though... Playing Xeno, all I think is "wow I wish I was playing MonHun."

MikeMyers

Second region transport, perhaps?

Anyway, I'm starting a new White runthrough before BW2 hit, and I'm looking to use a whole slate of Pokémon that I haven't used in any meaningful way on any other runthrough. This means no:
Samurott
Serperior
Excadrill
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Chandelure
Seismitoad
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Leavanny
Eelektross
Vanilluxe
Golurk
Dwebble

What are my best options, having started with Tepig and without trading or events?

No Crustle, please.

I'd recommend Throh, but then again, you already have a fighting type in Tepig.

You could get the traded Emolga.

PS_GUY

Not sure if this has been posted yet but a Keldeo form is all but confirmed:

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=9763

I sort of had a feeling it would get one. This movie is almost identical to the Giratina movie now where Giratina and Shaymin received new forms.

I hope it looks bad ass because the current Keldeo looks too mylittleponyish to me. :/

have you heard the good news about metabee

3DS exclusivity? Yeah, I have.

Love ya, good to have you back.

But what is there left to reveal anyway? It feels like there's enough info out there for the game to be released.
Well, it's all but confirmed that we're getting a Keldeo forme (a silhouette is reasonably likely tonight), and we don't know a lot of the plot, progression through the region, what's the deal with the ice, etc. That's without going into theories of Sevii-style extensions or any of that stuff.

You think you feel bad? I'm feeling sick from the stresses I've been dealing with recently (got into some tough arguments, just got out of a college-score test earlier today).

I want to see more Route exploration footage this Sunday. Not only does it mean more music to be reconstructed, but I'd like to see how much diversity they're trying to put into the game environments.

Top Bottom