• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Roaming Pokemon are fine. Although I still need to catch Cresselia. I need to get a Wobbuffet.

But fighting type

Dark is weak to fighting too. The thing here is that normal functions as both a "normal" and "light" type. We have Pokemon like Sudowoodo that could possibly be a "Wood" type, but they don't add it because it probably wouldn't add anything to the table.

I'm not sure what would adding "Light" to the table accomplish. Maybe it could balance out this Normal/Dark/Fighting/ thing, but would that make Fighting types weaker?

Gravijah

sudowoodo isn't wood. that's why it's named sudowoodo.

grass also covers wood.

edit: speaking of why the fuck is grass grass instead of plant?

Wichu

Dark is weak to fighting too. The thing here is that normal functions as both a "normal" and "light" type. We have Pokemon like Sudowoodo that could possibly be a "Wood" type, but they don't add it because it probably wouldn't add anything to the table.

I'm not sure what would adding "Light" to the table accomplish. Maybe it could balance out this Normal/Dark/Fighting/ thing, but would that make Fighting types weaker?

'Light'-based moves are shared between a few types. You have Solarbeam in Grass, Flash Cannon in Steel, Luster Purge/Mist Ball in Psychic, and various moves in Normal. I think Psychic is the closest we have to Light overall.

I like having sound-based moves of different types. We just need more things other than Soundproof that interact with them. An ability or item that powers up sound-based moves would be great in gen 6.

Kokonoe

Banned
sudo comes from pseudo, which of course means:

not actually but having the appearance of; pretended; false or spurious; sham.

sudowoodo is rock that looks like wood.

Ah, I see.

'Light'-based moves are shared between a few types. You have Solarbeam in Grass, Flash Cannon in Steel, Luster Purge/Mist Ball in Psychic, and various moves in Normal. I think Psychic is the closest we have to Light overall.

I like having sound-based moves of different types. We just need more things other than Soundproof that interact with them. An ability or item that powers up sound-based moves would be great in gen 6.

Light refers more to "Holy". Not actual Light.

Wiseblade

Why are Ghost types weak to Dark?

Ghost types are tricksters. The majority of their moves have secondary effects that hinder their opponents and the Pokédex entries for the ghastly and drifloon lines show them pulling pranks of varying degrees of severity on people.

Dark Types straight up break the rules. They lie, cheat and steal; anything they can think of to get the win. Not only do they know a thing or two about tricks, but they're willing to go the extra mile.

Ghost types are tricksters. The majority of their moves have secondary effects that hinder their opponents and the Pokédex entries for the ghastly and drifloon lines show them pulling pranks of varying degrees of severity on people.

Pranks my arse. Drifloon tries to pull children to the underworld.

This is saying nothing of the Frillish line and their enjoyment of wide-scale murder and horrific drowning.

Wiseblade

Pranks my arse. Drifloon tries to pull children to the underworld.

This is saying nothing of the Frillish line and their enjoyment of wide-scale murder and horrific drowning.
"Varying degrees of severity". And how do the Player Characters/Professors/whoever know that the children are being pulling into the underworld? Did they interview a Drifloon? Stick a GPS tracker on some random kid? Catch a ride themselves?

Dark Types straight up break the rules. They lie, cheat and steal; anything they can think of to get the win. Not only do they know a thing or two about tricks, but they're willing to go the extra mile.

That didn't explain anything.

Emitan

"Varying degrees of severity". And how do the Player Characters/Professors/whoever know that the children are being pulling into the underworld? Did they interview a Drifloon? Stick a GPS tracker on some random kid? Catch a ride themselves?

"hey kid let me put a gps tracker on you... for research ehehehehe"

Kokonoe

Banned
I distinctly remember spending an entire Friday night of my childhood trying to catch Entei.

When this music started playing... shit got SO real.

Entei fled!

Raikou was the first one I found and caught. I don't recall the music, but after so many years of playing it, then playing it HeartGold, the music is quite engaging.

Emitan

Using weapons is against the rules if the ref catches you. Eddy was about to bash his opponent with the chair, but saw the ref was waking up, so he made it look like HE got hit instead of his opponent.

thats cool

its like that time a guy was playing a fighting game and then his girlfriend walks in so he throws the controller to his friend because only misogynists play fighting games

I remember the first time I encountered one of the dogs, I panicked and got Heracross to knock it out immediately.

I forgave Heracross, because he was awesome.

thats cool

its like that time a guy was playing a fighting game and then his girlfriend walks in so he throws the controller to his friend because only misogynists play fighting games
syY2S.png

Kokonoe

Banned
Listening to that song Anth0ny posted reminded me that the only game in which I "caught 'em all", Gold version, got whiped when I attempted to utilize the Super Gameboy with it. I also lost my Mario Advance 1 save file when I attempted to use the Gamecube GBA player.
I later found out they fixed this with Ruby and Sapphire, but I wonder if there's a way to mod the original carts like that.

what r u sayin

No phones allowed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So Ash catches the Sunglasses Krokorok in this week's episode. Interesting how this generation's stalker-mon actually joins up with them.

What happened to Jigglypuff?

Top Bottom