• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Fanart time.

2AKEM.png

pokemon_BW_archeops_battles_an.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Exterminieren said:
Strange but true; I much prefer Thinchu to Fatchu. Much nicer design, the thin Pikachu.

I like them both, but Fatchu art is just so much rarer.

Andrex said:
Yeah I was about to but couldn't muster the care at the time. :p
I actually forgot how after not doing it for a long time :p

I just want to breed a few flawless babies now so that I can get a decent team going ... now I have no clue wtf I'm doing cause I stopped for a few months.

(Also trying to find a way to get a Flawless Lightning Rod VT Pikachu. IDK how to get a light orb in BW and after searching it seems it's just not in the game :(. But DW Pikachu have ... a 1% chance of having it on them so that's something...)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
I actually forgot how after not doing it for a long time :p

I just want to breed a few flawless babies now so that I can get a decent team going ... now I have no clue wtf I'm doing cause I stopped for a few months.

(Also trying to find a way to get a Flawless Lightning Rod VT Pikachu. IDK how to get a light orb in BW and after searching it seems it's just not in the game :(. But DW Pikachu have ... a 1% chance of having it on them so that's something...)

Is the RNG cracked for BW yet? I think it wasn't at launch...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well he could have used that Mystery Gift thing... :p

OK, after like 4 months, I am re-starting training my B/W team!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have a Pokemon with five perfect IVs and perfect nature but it has the wrong ability.

FML

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah. Combined with the perfect Ditto I got from 645 it should be fine. I just hate when that happens. Ability is always the last thing I look at. I usually train it up like 20 levels before noticing. >_<

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
IVs -> Nature -> Ability (unless Dream World). IVs are always most important, because it means I can breed those down (or it means this is THE Pokemon I want). Nature is important because I need at least one parent to be able to pass down the Nature. Ability is least important outside of Dream World because you don't pass it down.

However, Nature / Ability are discovered as soon as a Pokemon hatches. IVs require Rare Candies / Battle Subway for auto-50, to check. So you always find those out last. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
:mad:

I don't think I'll try and re-breed this specific Pokemon... I just realized it's shiny. :p I can deal with a horrible ability if that's the case.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Someone traded me it a while ago in the B/W thread. It's a Unova Pokemon. Which one? Well...

Andrex said:
Someone traded me it a while ago in the B/W thread. It's a Unova Pokemon. Which one? Well...

On another note, anyone know anything about the Light Orb in BW? IS there a way of getting it? I want to make the most beastly Pikachu I can and the first step is getting LB :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:

On another note, anyone know anything about the Light Orb in BW? IS there a way of getting it? I want to make the most beastly Pikachu I can and the first step is getting LB :/

;)

You mean Life Orb? You can buy it in the Battle Subway. 48BP I think.

Black-Wind said:
I think Dream World Pikachu very rarely holds the Light Ball.

Andrex said:
;)

You mean Life Orb? You can buy it in the Battle Subway. 48BP I think.
Nall, I mean't Light ball. It basically says "Fuck you game, I AM A PIKACHU and I aint evolving so I demand 2x Attack and Spe Attack! And when I make a baby that baby is gonna have VT!".

UltimateIke said:
I think Dream World Pikachu very rarely holds the Light Ball.
Damn dreamworld ... so hard to get anything good on there. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Black-Wind said:
Nall, I mean't Light ball. It basically says "Fuck you game, I AM A PIKACHU and I aint evolving so I demand 2x Attack and Spe Attack! And when I make a baby that baby is gonna have VT!".

Damn dreamworld ... so hard to get anything good on there. :/

No. Dream World Pikachu, even if it was released, will never be holding a Light Ball. Light Ball has been released in Japan with one of their event Pikachu's, but otherwise it's impossible to obtain. There's a 1% of finding it on Wild Pikachus, but there are no Wild Pikachu in B/W. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
No. Dream World Pikachu, even if it was released, will never be holding a Light Ball. Light Ball has been released in Japan with one of their event Pikachu's, but otherwise it's impossible to obtain. There's a 1% of finding it on Wild Pikachus, but there are no Wild Pikachu in B/W. :/

So basically, just use superior Raichu.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not only does Raichu look cooler than Pikachu, but he's actually faster (take that, anime) and can probably survive a strong neutral hit (whereas Pikachu will die to many resisted hits).

Raichu doesn't have to hold Light Ball either, so the slight damage increase Pikachu has can be negated by the fact that Raichu can hold Life Orb, a Choice Item, Balloon, or anything else. Raichu's ability to actually take a hit, or two means he's the better setup sweeper with Nasty Plot as well.

Fuck yeah, Raichu!

KlBeN.png

Top Bottom