• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wichu

Wiseblade said:
Fixed. Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is the stuff of nightmares.
Azumarill doesn't get Pure Power.
I think you mean Huge Power.
Not to mention that Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is an illegal combination IIRC.

Wiseblade

Wichu said:
Azumarill doesn't get Pure Power.
I think you mean Huge Power.
Not to mention that Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is an illegal combination IIRC.
THEY DO THE SAME THING
That'sthejoke.jpg

Illegal?

*checks movepool*

I guess it is.

Anth0ny

Exterminieren said:
Just going to stop you there.

Nuh-uh.

Raichu is awesome.

I wish I could beat up Pikachu in Raichu in Smash Bros.

But that would require something like alternate costumes in the game, and Sakurai doesn't give a shit about that crap.

Wichu

Also weighing in on the Pikachu vs Raichu debate. I have two Raichus, one in LeafGreen, and one in Emerald. But I still like Pikachu more - my EV trained flawless Pikachu is never going to evolve :)

Anth0ny said:
Raichu is awesome.

I wish I could beat up Pikachu in Raichu in Smash Bros.

But that would require something like alternate costumes in the game, and Sakurai doesn't give a shit about that crap.
Superior Thinchu would beat the crap out of inferior FatRaichu.

I hope for alternative costumes, so this can come to pass.

Gravijah

Exterminieren said:
Superior Thinchu would beat the crap out of inferior FatRaichu.

I hope for alternative costumes, so this can come to pass.

fat pikachu > thin pikachu

fat raichu > thin raichu

RAICHU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE LIGHTBALL

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:
no

alternately i will accept a raichu evo so i can use eviolite on him.
NO. The last thing Pokémon needs are families with four evolutionary stages.

Why are so desperate for this, anyway? It's not like Raichu is unusable as it is now. Game Freak need to stop goofing around and just let Pikachu learn Surf from TM though.

Andrefpvs

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm pretty surprised an alternative evolution for Pikachu hasn't been made yet.

You know, it might even be one Ash's Pikachu wouldn't be ashamed of evolving into.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
i used to like you andre

Bu-but I still like you :<

Honestly now, Raichu is one of my favorite Pokémon. He gets a lot of trash just because he's not Pikachu.

I still think I won't die without seeing an addition to the Pikachu family line though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
First: Umbreon
everythingelseinanyorder
Last: Vaporeon

Andrefpvs said:

Honestly now, Raichu is one of my favorite Pokémon. He gets a lot of trash just because he's not Pikachu.

I still think I won't die without seeing an addition to the Pikachu family line though.

There's no four level evolution lines, so it would probably end up being a split at the Pikachu -> Raichu evolution.

I do wish evolving Pikachu with a Water Stone would give you a Raichu with Surf. ;_;

Anth0ny

EvilMario said:
There's no four level evolution lines, so it would probably end up being a split at the Pikachu -> Raichu evolution.

I do wish evolving Pikachu with a Water Stone would give you a Raichu with Surf. ;_;

You mean

PIKABLU?

This talk about future Pikachu evos reminds me; I really hope Gen VI has evos and pre-evos of past Pokemon in it. I enjoyed Black and White's fresh start and all, but nothing quite brought the hype like contemplating new evos of old favourites. I was far more hyped for Diamond and Pearl than I was for Black and White.

Although that may be in part down to them revealing the first fourth Gen Pokemon 2-and-a-half fricking years before the games came out. I was on a slow burn of hype for years.

Kind of crazy that if they were looking to do that again, they'd have to reveal the first gen VI Pokemon next summer.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, what will be the new Eeveeolutions next generation? I'm hoping for Dragon and Steel. Draceon and Metaleon. Terrible, I know.

Wiseblade said:
What happened to you? You've changed. You used to be cool.

Don't be blinded by Water. Open your eyes. You know Vaporeon is garbage from design to move pool!

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, I have to agree. I'm pretty surprised an alternative evolution for Pikachu hasn't been made yet.

You know, it might even be one Ash's Pikachu wouldn't be ashamed of evolving into.

I have said it many times before and I will say it again ... Raichu is all the proof you need that Pikachu wasn't originally meant to be the mascot. I like him, I even hope he makes it into SSB4 as an unlockable-alt for Pikachu ... but he is one goofy looking street rat that's not the least bet marketable.

I have a theory about Pikachu.
If a time comes around when Pikachu simply just isn't as Marketable as it once was and they want to make something bigger than a "design change" for him then I could see a split evolv being the last resort. One that has him evolve through level or some item and looks more like Pikachu than Raichu does so that, yes, the anime Pikachu wouldn't be ashamed to evolve into it.

It's one of those last resort things. Like how Pichu was meant to take up Pikachu's mascot status somewhat.

Gravijah

it's too late now, but i wish all of the eevees were normal/_____ instead of just pure types.

Exterminieren said:
And proud.

Flareon>Leafeon>Umbreon>Vaporeon>Glaceon>Espeon>Jolteon.

jolteon>espeon>vaporeon>umbreon>leafeon>glaceon>>>>>>>>>>>>flareon

Andrefpvs said:

redeemed.

Wiseblade

Black-Wind said:
I have said it many times before and I will say it again ... Raichu is all the proof you need that Pikachu wasn't originally meant to be the mascot. I like him, I even hope he makes it into SSB4 as an unlockable-alt for Pikachu ... but he is one goofy looking street rat that's not the least bet marketable.

I have a theory about Pikachu.
If a time comes around when Pikachu simply just isn't as Marketable as it once was and they want to make something bigger than a "design change" for him then I could see a split evolv being the last resort. One that has him evolve through level or some item and looks more like Pikachu than Raichu does so that, yes, the anime Pikachu wouldn't be ashamed to evolve into it.

It's one of those last resort things. Like how Pichu was meant to take up Pikachu's mascot status somewhat.
You're right, Pikachu wasn't originally designed to be the series mascot. Clefairy was.

I just don't see Pikachu being replaced as the mascot any time soon. That thing's a perfect storm of cuteness and power, and I really don't think that they'll do any better.

Much better than Clefairy as a mascot; certainly in the West, that would just not have flown.

And this may just be sentimentality and anime-related nostalgia, but I never want Ash's Pikachu to evolve. EVER. Love that little rodent.

Izayoi said:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Flareon design= best Eeveelution design.

Professor Beef said:
You should have to get Eevee to faint a certain number of times, or get it to hate you, for it to evolve into a Ghost-type.
Forcing it to gorge those energy roots to the vomiting point

Top Bottom