• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This page is:

1yzL0.png

Oh no, next page Gen 3 starts. :(

Well the Community thread had a good run. Guess we should just wait until page 387.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex, quick reminder:

-Things that suck: Ruby and Sapphire
-Things that DON'T suck: Gen III Pokemon

Just so you don't forget again :D

Heheheh. I don't think either sucks. :p But I don't hold Gen 3's designs in very high regard, generally. A lot of padding the Dex, a lot of abusing the doubles gimmick, some knockoffs and many many Pokemon that just felt too over-designed.

Then again I think Gen 4 and 5 are about tied in terms of design awesomeness so who knows. *shrugs*

Gen III is a half-hearted attempt at what Gen V ended up doing. The clones are excusable, given the minor series reboot that R/S rode in on, and they're mostly limited to RSE's early game so I don't mind too much. It's not like Wurmple and Taillow went on to be a series fixture or something. As for the doubles Pokemon, it's pretty much Volbeat and Illumise who suck- Minun and Plusle are the "new Pikachu" so I'm as indifferent to them as I am to Pichu, Pachirisu and Emolga, and I can't really remember any more beyond that. Solrock and Lunatone? But they're awesome!

The only thing with Gen III Pokemon that really annoys me is I read someone suggesting Ludicolo be named Losperados and now I hate that thing

Wichu

5 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2
Not sure on the middle three; I want to put 3 higher, but also like 1... It's difficult to compare the different design styles. 4 has very few standouts, but the quality is consistently decent. 5 definitely has my favourite Pokémon, and 2 has my least favourite overall design style.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Beat PKMN White, so what post-game content does this game have? Besides finally getting Magikarp?

The entire right half of the map, Kyurem, Undella Town + Abyssal Ruins, getting the Sages into custody, Battle Subway, some other stuff I'm probably forgetting...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And bring back trainer rematches. Whether it's a phone or VS Seeker, makes getting experience easier to get.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
CoroCoro Cover was just leaked...are covers allowed to be posted?

New Keldeo Form, ahoy.

Busaiku

I just realized the worst thing about Black 2 being on DS.
NoA's probably not gonna bother with any of the WiFi/Dream World events at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We haven't really missed many event pokemon at all in the wifi era of Pokémon.

Even some obscure Japanese offers get repurposed eventually.

MikeMyers

So I got Magikarp and grinded him into Gyarados.

First trainer I fought post game had a Level 64 Rapidash, Cacturne, and Maintaine. WTF? I was just fighting a Level 52 Boss now I'm fighting Level 64 trainers?

Kokonoe

Banned
All this Ken Sugmori art I've been looking at is going to get me to repurchase HeartGold, and pick up a DSi XL. Luckily, pink is being sold still.

I was actually trying to get "Ken Sugimori's Psyduck" with that Wi-Fi event a while back. However, a lot of people were trading to prevent that. I ended up getting a shiny Psyduck named "EvEnTbLoCkeR". Good stuff.

Top Bottom