• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Start one now on PokemonOnline.

I kinda would like it to be across the games themselves. However, Pokemon Online may make it easier to setup. People would have to create teams which take time though.

So they both have their pros and cons.

Professor Oak in HD. I cannot tell you to not get it, my apologies.

JUorU.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
Wait...Pokemon Heroes...

I completely forgot about that movie. If I remember correctly, it's bad. Or at least the worst Pokemon movie to date.

Been a while.

I don't have a BluRay player, and you should feel sufficiently sympathetic that you shouldn't purchase it.

:(
Wait...Pokemon Heroes...

I completely forgot about that movie. If I remember correctly, it's bad. Or at least the worst Pokemon movie to date.

Been a while.
The Zoroark movie exists.

I've only seen Heroes once about 8 years ago. I have very little memory of it. It'll probably be the next stop on my list of DVDs to pick up.

Mewtwo Returns. Not that many people have watched it since it was like the first Pokemon movie to not be in theaters. I only saw it a few years ago.

BRO-FIST. It's seriously good. Having Team Rocket be an actual threat really makes the film.

The best actual movie is 2000

I thought Mewtwo returns was pretty underwhelming, I just remember Mewtwo looking far too weak since Giovanni managed to one up him for a good portion of the movie with some kind of gadget, or maybe Giovanni was just that awesome.

Never seen 2000, Movie 3 and any beyond the Darkrai one.
I can easily say that Jirachi wishmaker was the worst.

Mewtwo Returns. Not that many people have watched it since it was like the first Pokemon movie to not be in theaters. I only saw it a few years ago.
Eh. It's underrated, and is probably better than Mewtwo Strikes Back, but it's got a MUCH smaller budget, and it shows (it was just a TV special in Japan, IIRC). Also, Giovanni was horrifically squandered.

Which is the best Pokemon movie?

Most people say either 3, 2000 or Arceus; but I personally like Giratina and Deoxys for no specific reason.

The worst ones are probably Heroes and Jirachi IMO. Both just felt so much weaker for one reason or another (although Jirachi had my favourite minimovie, so there's that I guess).

I say Movie 3 in the cinema, which was nice. I have a special like for it because of that, I never saw any other Pokemon film in the cinema besides that one.

And the wait for 4Ever to come out on DVD in the UK was excruciating. :(

The best actual movie is 2000

If it is the best, it's because one thing pushes it over the top.
You know what I'm talking about.

I say Movie 3 in the cinema, which was nice. I have a special like for it because of that, I never saw any other Pokemon film in the cinema besides that one.

And the wait for 4Ever to come out on DVD in the UK was excruciating

Ditto for both. My parents got me a 2000 DVD before it came out here in cinemas, though.

It was a real thrill to be able to finally buy the Deoxys DVD earlier this year. I finally fulfilled the wishes of me when I was 10 years old.

Kokonoe

Banned
I never realized 3 was liked so much. It's definitely in the lower section of Pokemon movies for me.

First two movies, Returns, 4Ever(The Prof Oak bits make it decent), Lucario, Deoxys/Rayquaza are the ones I like.

I don't recall if I liked the Jirachi one or not.

destiny deoxys has deoxys and rayquaza

can't beat that
That movie really works well... Until the last big action scene, where the movie completely and utterly flips its shit. It's kind of charming exactly how far it outreaches its ambitions with CGI and staging, though, and that sequence is probably my favourite bit of the movie.

I stopped liking the show once Advanced started, so yeah. Actually, Advanced started, and that's when I stopped watching it and started watching the repeats of JJ/JLC/Master Quest on Sky1 because I'd missed a whole lot.

By time they'd shown the Silver League, I'd had my socks rocked off, plus I had 4Ever and Heroes. And then I was old enough to finally decide that yeah, I'm done with this. :lol I bought Chronicles Vol 1 on DVB in the process though, seeing as I couldn't get Cartoon Network. The Raikou TV movie is pretty cool.

I've since given away all my Pokemon DVD/videos to some kids down the road. I think Chronicles blew their minds.

Kokonoe

Banned
May and her little brother are characters I never liked. So I suppose I stopped liking the Anime as much when Advance started, and it's also where I stopped watching.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually just watched Heroes the other day and thought it was extremely strong compared to the other movies in the middle of the franchise. It's got some great visuals for one thing and the story even manages to tug on the heartstrings from time to time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Heroes overall is pretty dull, but it's got some cool scenes...

The one where Ash is being chased on Kabutops and Aerodactyl is radical, bros. Especially with this song playing in the background.

I stopped liking the show once Advanced started, so yeah. Actually, Advanced started, and that's when I stopped watching it and started watching the repeats of JJ/JLC/Master Quest on Sky1 because I'd missed a whole lot.

I actually missed most of Johto the first time around, jumped back in around Master Quest, slogged through Advanced and bowed out after the Battle Frontier stuff. The Gen 3 series were mostly dreck, though I oddly enjoyed May's contest stuff and the creepy guy dressed like a Cacturne.

Shame they don't release or air the older series over here, the old movies are all we have left, though right this second I have the option of watching Sinnoh league victors, yay?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first season of Advance is probably the show's weakest.

Battle Frontier might be the single best season of the show though. Great contest and battle episodes, lots of humor, tons of cameos.

Billiechu, you're essentially backing yourself into a corner where eventually your complete lack of interest in Pokemon is going to get you kicked out the Pokemon |OT|

just saying

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Battle Frontier might be the single best season of the show though. Great contest and battle episodes, lots of humor, tons of cameos.
It's weird, because the first few episodes of Battle Frontier suck...boring fillers using old Pokemon. But then, after Greta, it kicks into gear as you get evolutions, captures, Frontier Brains, or Contests every episode basically.

This Sinnoh episode i'm half watching has some sort of angry martial artist Mister Mime, what madness is this?

I love that episode. :)

Top Bottom