• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, looks like we're getting Genesect next month...apart from that little PokeDex Complete Serebii mentions on his site, the guy who got CoroCoro says next issue promises to feature an "illusory" (what they call event legendaries in Japan) Pokemon.

Emitan

MShEP.png

I'm calling covert sabotage. Billy is the prime suspect. There's absolutely no other reason why he'd be here if he didn't care for the Pokemons.

70tvL.png

So I popped in Pokemon Crystal for old times sake only to be reminded of two crazy decisions I made with it back then.

-I released Suicune and saved. Why? Because I was curious. No one else did it.
-I made Mew an HM slave. Which HMs? Flash, Whirlpool, Fly, and Cut. Why? He seemed like the perfect candidate at the time.

I also remember me being unable to enter the Tin Tower to catch Ho-Oh. For some reason I couldn't get the Rainbow Wing or whatever. I mean, I just couldn't find it.

Good times. Good times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Most interesting new news:

Item is confirmed to change the forms of Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus. It is called the Reflecting Mirror. They also have different abilities

Tornadus has Regenerator, Thundurus has Volt Absorb, Landorus has Intimidate

All three already had amazing abilities, but all three could benefit in some ways from these new ones which are not completely terrible. I wonder if we'll have access to their hidden abilities via B/W2 as well (although those abilities are more on the useless side).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember that they'll have whatever new moves B2/W2 gives them and new stats so you shouldn't make up your mind before all the info is in.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Will probably just stick with Prankster.

For Thundurus in VGC, yeah for the most part. But it will give him a way back into the OU tier, and it would give him opportunity to stay in against some Pokemon he'd flee from otherwise..

Tornadus could be really entertaining with Regenerator, one of the best abilities in the game. It's another Pokemon that can spam U-Turn now, recover off its 25% SR weaknesses easily, appears to be leaning toward defense with its new form and it benefits from Prankster much less than Thundurus. Again, mostly based around OU, where Regenerator won't see much play in VGC.

Landorus is actually the one that benefits from doubles the most, adding another Intimidate Pokemon to the mix. Sand Force is an amazing ability, but Intimidate lets him have access to an entire set of teammates and strategy.

Remember that they'll have whatever new moves B2/W2 gives them and new stats so you shouldn't make up your mind before all the info is in.

Tornadus will specialize in Defense, Special Defense, and Speed; Thundurus will specialize in Special Attack; and Landorus will specialize in Attack.

For the most part, the CoroCorco information looks like Thundurus and Landorus will still focus similarly, with Tornadus changing the most to a defensive minded Genie. Of course, we can only speculate until the game is out (probably), but it's fun to think about.

ffdgh

ooo keldio's new form........looks even more like my little pony XD

also a cave full of water for black and a cave full of magma for white? kyogre and groudon?

Let's play a game. Make a complete 6 Pokemon team using at least one from each generation. The 6th can be whatever, or you can just make it a 5 Pokemon team.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Let's play a game. Make a complete 6 Pokemon team using at least one from each generation. The 6th can be whatever, or you can just make it a 5 Pokemon team.

Raichu
Skarmory
Milotic
Togekiss
Hydreigon
(Drifblim or Gyarados)

So basically, my current team lol, plus or minus Milotic.

So, looks like we're getting Genesect next month...apart from that little PokeDex Complete Serebii mentions on his site, the guy who got CoroCoro says next issue promises to feature an "illusory" (what they call event legendaries in Japan) Pokemon.

They might be revealing it in the trailer for the next movie, much like they did with Victini, then.

I'd bet hard money on us seeing quite a few Gen VI Pokémon next year.

MikeMyers

Landorus is actually the one that benefits from doubles the most, adding another Intimidate Pokemon to the mix. Sand Force is an amazing ability, but Intimidate lets him have access to an entire set of teammates and strategy.

They should just make it that Intimidate lowers both Attack and Special Attack one stage.

MikeMyers

Imagine if Gyarados and Salamence both got Brave Bird as well, they'd be so broken.

But to be serious, I think Gyarados does at least deserve Roost. Sleep Talk gets annoying to use after a while.

So when are we going to have a PokeGAF tournament?
Missed this comment a couple pages back.
I still say we should have a major one when BW2 comes out with our actual trained Pokemon but in the meantime just organize smaller one(s) through Pokemon-Online just for fun.

upandaway

How would it be broken? He'd still be screwed over by being statused, and it'd make him more vunerable to Power Whip/Grass Knot.
Gyarados can be really, really bulky when he wants to. Bulk Gyarados isn't really that big of a deal from what I've seen (compared to other Gyarados') but that would make a big difference.

Top Bottom