• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

How could we forget this important piece of Pokémon Fanart?

2nn3h3.jpg

Wiseblade said:
You're right, Pikachu wasn't originally designed to be the series mascot. Clefairy was.
I think they should have just redesigned Clefairy to make it more marketable :/

I mean, I think a normal type would be the best rep for the series. Reminds me of Liger in Zoids ... plus there's more variety in it's attacks. Pikachu seems like it's stuck in a rut in the anime given they are now limiting Pokemon to 4 attacks. Now it has ... Quick Attack/ T-Bolt/ Electro Ball (Replaced VT) and Iron Tail. :/

Wiseblade

In RBY, Oak's Grandson's name was Gary. After losing to Red in the Pokémon League, He decides to abandon his douchey was and changes his name to Blue before the events of GSC.

It makes PERFECT SENSE.

Gravijah

Wiseblade said:
In RBY, Oak's Grandson's name was Gary. After losing to Red in the Pokémon League, He decides to abandon his douchey was and changes his name to Blue before the events of GSC.

It makes PERFECT SENSE.

BLUE (TECHNICALLY GREEN) EXISTED BEFORE THE ANIME

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm down for doing a BW version of 645's gym leader thing, if we can use whatever we want on our teams. :p

I think I still have my avatar/badge for that...

10ehf9u.jpg

Black-Wind said:
I think they should have just redesigned Clefairy to make it more marketable :/

The only thing really wrong with it is its weird rapey-eyes...

Black-Wind said:
I mean, I think a normal type would be the best rep for the series. Reminds me of Liger in Zoids ... plus there's more variety in it's attacks. Pikachu seems like it's stuck in a rut in the anime given they are now limiting Pokemon to 4 attacks. Now it has ... Quick Attack/ T-Bolt/ Electro Ball (Replaced VT) and Iron Tail. :/

Everyone knows that the Genobreaker was the mascot of Zoids.

Gravijah

Exterminieren said:
I still reckon the first 3DS exclusive RPGs are going to be re-remakes of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Your childhood... BUT IN 3D.

there are people whose first pokemon games were ruby/sapphire. they're nearly 10 years old now!

PS_GUY

Exterminieren said:
I still reckon the first 3DS exclusive RPGs are going to be re-remakes of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Your childhood... BUT IN 3D.

They wouldn't remake a remake...Perhaps in another 10 years but I can't see that happening.

You can travel to Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver and those games were released not too long ago...

Anth0ny

PS_GUY said:
They wouldn't remake a remake...Perhaps in another 10 years but I can't see that happening.

You can travel to Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver and those games were released not too long ago...

But Kanto needs to be a part of every gen. And it's not a part of gen 5 yet!

Andrex said:
The only thing really wrong with it is its weird rapey-eyes...
Rapey-eyes ...?

Anyway, I think it would be more appealing to boys if it were some neutral color (white/ light brown) and if the head curl was more of a scruffy hair tuft.

Everyone knows that the Genobreaker was the mascot of Zoids.
Liger Zero vs Berserk is THE crowning moment in the anime as far as I could care.

IDK what happened in the anime before or after Liger so IDK what the fuck a Geno Breaker is.

All I remember was seeing some Dino Zoid that could fuse with people or some other Zoid and I was like "damn ... series is gone :/".

I really thought Zoids could be the next big thing at the time. :[

And is it just me or does Raichu remind anyone else of what a 4th gen Pikachu evolution would look like?
Example

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind you probably never watched the best Zoids anime, Chaotic Century/Guardian Force. For real, suuuuuuch an awesome show.

1LfFl.png

Geno Breaker is BOSS!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gen 4 Charizard actually doesn't look that bad. Color choices could be better though.

Gen 1 Garchomp looks horrible though. It's amazing Raichu came from that poorly-designed generation.

Andrex said:
Black-Wind you probably never watched the best Zoids anime, Chaotic Century/Guardian Force. For real, suuuuuuch an awesome show.

Geno Breaker is BOSS!
... I'm gonna take your word on this and check it out later tonight >_>

It's been years since I saw that lil dino Zoid and I know that though my younger self didn't have the best taste he DID love Dinos and Robots so IDK what put me off on it.

Chet Rippo said:
Why does this picture show up in every Pokemon thread?
Because it's the truth?

The 4th gen has the most over designed Pokemon and is the closest to looking "Digimonish".

Acerac said:
I don't know but it makes both pokemon seem worse. :(
I don't think they look worse.

I think Garchomp looks WAAAAAY better simple. That IS how he would look in the 1st gen after all.

Charizard ... doesn't look "bad", but he looks far more intense and far more over designed. Like they slapped him a ball of "edgy designs!" to make him look "sharp" like a ton of 4th gen Pokemon.

And ... that's how I think Raichu looks. All that added on random ass detail makes him look goofy. The ears, the belly, the feet and tail all reek of "over designed".

Black-Wind said:
And ... that's how I think Raichu looks. All that added on random ass detail makes him look goofy. The ears, the belly, the feet and tail all reek of "over designed".
...How else do you think they should've designed Raichu? He doesn't look over-designed at all, unless you've been staring at Gravijah and Chet's avatars for too long.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
... I'm gonna take your word on this and check it out later tonight >_>

It's been years since I saw that lil dino Zoid and I know that though my younger self didn't have the best taste he DID love Dinos and Robots so IDK what put me off on it.

Zoids CC/GF actually had like, a plot, and wasn't just some dumb tournament thing.

Basically all you need to know is that there's two factions warring, and there was an ancient race of dudes who were close to Zoids, and there's these things called Organoids from that time that pump up a Zoid's power.

The main cast is pretty awesome. CC is about them trying to protect the prince of one of the factions and stop this crazy dude from resurrecting the Death Saurer, and GF... I sort of forget but it builds on that and there's this new guy working behind the scenes to resurrect another uber Zoid.

Pretty mindblowing stuff if you're a kid.

Top Bottom