• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

She's the second Gym Leader so she most assuredly won't. She might use a Whirlipede, or a Trubbish, but she won't be using Scolipede or Garbodor.

She could use that team if the games allow you to have rematchs with Gym Leaders, only with a Weezing and 2-3 other Poison-types. Since she only uses two Pokémon in your first match with her; my money's on Venipede and Koffing making up her team.

DP126.jpg

Yep.

Kokonoe

Banned
Decided it was finally time to catch Cresselia, so I started a bit ago. Turns out I had her at almost 1 HP while asleep. However, I threw an Ultra Ball 9 separate times and it didn't work. She flees each time so I decided to go get a Golbat with Mean Look.

70 Ultra Balls later, and a Dusk Ball seals the deal. I now have all the legendaries of Gen IV.

OMG Aero

He also had to scan Zorua again. Maybe he's secretly a Venture and is cloned at the beginning of every season, only without the memories of the past clones. It would explain his apparent amnesia when it comes to battling, type advantages and old species.
Maybe Pokedex memory isn't transferred from Pokedex to Pokedex and like the games, data is only recorded when you actually scan the Pokemon so he wants to fill it up even if he has already seen a Pokemon before. Also Ash's selective memory regarding Pokemon is pretty much a character trait at this point, I loved how in the last episode Ash was lecturing a kid using his Pikachu about using thunderbolt on Krokorok even though he makes that same mistake all the time.

Side note, they should make the Pokedex a battle option in Gen 6. You can use up a turn to use it and it would tell you the flavour text about that Pokemon and give you their type(s), and also maybe their ability. You would still have to catch Pokemon in order to count the Pokedex as completed (maybe have it so that if you use the Pokedex in battle that data isn't recorded so you have to remember it, catch the Pokemon or scan again to see that info again), but it would give the Pokedex an actual purpose in the game besides being a checklist and it would an optional help tool in a new generation when you don't know about the Pokemon you are facing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pokédex has a purpose in the game; it tells you the area of the game that Pokémon come from and is fairly vital in trying to complete your collection.

It does but I kind of like OMG Aero's suggestion as well. They make it out where having a Pokedex is a pretty big deal so I'd like the idea of being able to use it more often. It's a portable encyclopedia, it should be able to tell me more about the Pokemon when I see it in the field, even if I don't capture it.

Seeing the Pokemon Conquest commercials, it makes me wonder why Eevee wasn't the main Pokemon in the old games.

Well if it's any consolation Eevee was the main mon for Gale of Darkness and Espeon and Umbreon were forced upon you as the starting duo in Colosseum.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Starting tomorrow at 6 PM Central, The Speed Gamers are starting a marathon where they'll catch all 646 Pokemon. All proceeds will go to ACT Today.

This shall be interesting.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pokédex has a purpose in the game; it tells you the area of the game that Pokémon come from and is fairly vital in trying to complete your collection.

It would be better if it was like Pokedex 3D, in telling you all possible moves you can learn, tutor, breed down and egg groups, etc. Otherwise, it's mostly outclassed by a thousand online options for anyone with access to the internet.

The Electivire/Magmortar split solidifies my decision to get White 2.

I like Vire, but he's so ridiculously loved by his fanboy legions that I prefer Maggy now with its gigantic hand cannon.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
What even is that pic??? .___________________.

My pokemans return to black is so fun! I finally got to chargestone cave where I picked up my final pokemans, Joltick.

So may party is right at this moment
35 Darmanitan
35 Dewott
35 Krokorok
35 Archen (I didn;t realise he canny learn fly yet T__________T)
35 Scraggy
30 Joltick

It was a bit of a lonely journey till route 4 for my Oshawott. But there my party went for 1 to 4 instantly. Then I raced over to grab archen after the road block was cleared and my path to the ruins was open.
Man Archen is so cool. I only wish he could FLY(hm) :(

Also anyone know of any good pokemon DnB/electronic remixes? I found some on soundcloud which are pretty damm good..

http://soundcloud.com/empiricdnb/pkmn-gold-lance-vs-red <-- I wish this was longer :(
http://soundcloud.com/sobeksobek/battle-pokemon-dnb-remix
http://soundcloud.com/tomphilip/tomiphilip-abandoned-pokemon <--sooo soothing ^_^

Gravijah

yea, sure, your "sister"

oh, i'll be getting her doubles, ;)
What even is that pic??? .___________________.

My pokemans return to black is so fun! I finally got to chargestone cave where I picked up my final pokemans, Joltick.

So may party is right at this moment
35 Darmanitan
35 Dewott
35 Krokorok
35 Archen (I didn;t realise he canny learn fly yet T__________T)
35 Scraggy
30 Joltick

It was a bit of a lonely journey till route 4 for my Oshawott. But there my party went for 1 to 4 instantly. Then I raced over to grab archen after the road block was cleared and my path to the ruins was open.
Man Archen is so cool. I only wish he could FLY(hm) :(

Also anyone know of any good pokemon DnB/electronic remixes? I found some on soundcloud which are pretty damm good..

http://soundcloud.com/empiricdnb/pkmn-gold-lance-vs-red <-- I wish this was longer :(
http://soundcloud.com/sobeksobek/battle-pokemon-dnb-remix
http://soundcloud.com/tomphilip/tomiphilip-abandoned-pokemon <--sooo soothing ^_^
hapinano's famous medley

salvation by faith records have also put out a few pokemon cds with some amazing remixes.

Top Bottom