• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
There are multiple ways to play it...

There are two classic styles, and both layouts I don't like. I'd honestly rather use the motion controls. I don't like motion controls either, but I'd have to play with those if I were to continue playing. PSP Monster Hunter controls were a lot better in my opinion.

It's a shame they didn't allow the Gamecube controller to be used as I'm sure the layout would've been more to my preference.

There are two classic styles, and both layouts I don't like. I'd honestly rather use the motion controls. I don't like motion controls either, but I'd have to play with those if I were to continue playing. PSP Monster Hunter controls were a lot better in my opinion.

It's a shame they didn't allow the Gamecube controller to be used as I'm sure the layout would've been more to my preference.

But the classic controller controls are basically the PSP controls without the claw and with better camera control, I don't understaaaaand!

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll give it another go later. I'll just play with the wiimote/nunchuck layout.

But the classic controller controls are basically the PSP controls without the claw and with better camera control, I don't understaaaaand!

Maybe I'm remembering them wrong. It's been a while since I've played Monster Hunter for PSP.

My ideal controls on the pro controller would be y = attack B = roll a = items.

Maybe I'm remembering them wrong. It's been a while since I've played Monster Hunter for PSP.

I'm trying to place the buttons for both PSP and CC off the top of my head but it's pretty much muscle memory so I can't confirm how similar the placements are but I always felt they were close enough.

Behold: the Mighty Buffalax!

tumblr_m5mowypnwR1qeuj47.png

I promise I'll stop now.

Kyzer

Banned
Nintendo is setting the stage for a way more interactive multiplayer Pokemon experience... I think the 3DS games are gonna be huge.

Kokonoe

Banned
Nintendo is setting the stage for a way more interactive multiplayer Pokemon experience... I think the 3DS games are gonna be huge.

It remains to be seen, but GameFreak has been slowly but surely paving it's way as you said.
I'd like it if the next game lets you visit other player's game similar to Animal Crossing.

So which Pokémon have been confirmed as version-exclusive so far?

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

Black 2:

Axew family
Riolu family
Magby family
Buneary family
Kyurem-B

White 2:

Beldum family
Zorua family
Elekid family
Skitty family
Kyurem-W

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does that mean that you can catch Zorua in White 2, if it's exclusive to White 2? I'm trying to complete White so I haven't been keeping up with the sequels yet.

Axew, Zorua, Riolu and Beldum aren't confirmed; that was just people jumping to conclusions.

Don't be denying me my Lucario runthrough, Game Freak.

Shrennin

If it truly is exclusive, then yes, you'll be able to catch it in the wild.

Then I hope it's exclusive. Are there any new Pokemon in the sequels or are they relatively the same? I heard that you start out with the same starters as the originals, which is kinda disappointing, honestly.

Then I hope it's exclusive. Are there any new Pokemon in the sequels or are they relatively the same? I heard that you start out with the same starters as the originals, which is kinda disappointing, honestly.

The regional Pokédex has 300 Pokémon in it, but no brand new Pokémon.

Shrennin

The regional Pokédex has 300 Pokémon in it, but no brand new Pokémon.

That's kinda what I meant - as long as it has more than just the new Pokemon introduced in Black and White then that's fine. I love the new Pokemon, but if it just had them in the regional again it, well, it would feel like the same game all over again.

gosox333

So how's this gonna work when the game comes out in a week? I know some people are spoiler crazy in here, so is there gonna be a thread on the Gamming side?

So how's this gonna work when the game comes out in a week? I know some people are spoiler crazy in here, so is there gonna be a thread on the Gamming side?

I think Chet's making the OP, although I'm not sure whether it's being posted before the Japanese or North American release. Regardless, there'll definitely be a gaming thread dedicated to spoilerific discussion, so you'll get your fix one way or another.

Boney

Banned

but psp controls are exactly the same :/

I'll give it another go later. I'll just play with the wiimote/nunchuck layout.

The PSP is the worst of all control schemes, followed by Tri's.

Go play monster hunter 1 and monster hunter dos on PS2. Best control scheme.

Boney

Banned
How do you change the control scheme in Tri to use the right stick as the main attack function? I did not know this.

It's the control scheme 2. I never used it though cause I started with PSP, but you can play it as the PS2 games. You can actually do moves you can't do in the PSP scheme like using items with the SnS being wielded.

Top Bottom