• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Homika's Koffing will be a meme about how Pokemon trainers shouldn't use drugs on their Pokemon.

Thanks to all for the congrats, thought I was forever junior.

Kokonoe

Banned
That reminds me. When I was at the regionals, this was the card they gave me.

pokemonregional.png

My inadequate scanner finally put to use. Holo doesn't show up well on the scanner, but I do wonder what other cards they give out.

Kokonoe

Banned
Whoa, what?

H89ww.jpg

This card is essentially my Venusaur Energy Trans into Charizard without the Energy Burn effect. However, this is "any" energy so it can be used in more types of decks.
Although this is an X card, and if I remember correctly it's harder to get out cause you essentially are "evolving" a normal Charizard card.

There's also this remake of the original card done by the same artist.

2s9z3.jpg

However, they didn't update the stats to combat the change in Diamond & Pearl sadly.

I remember when Pokemon cards being shiny used to mean something.
Don't they put a shiny in every single booster pack now?

They started doing that with the Diamond and Pearl cards. The shiny all over but not in the picture means "common-holo" I suppose.
It was interesting, but I guess it gives everyone their own shot at one without that big of an investment. Although my investment in Pokemon cards went down the drain when they altered the rules and entire game with the Diamond and Pearl cards.

My inadequate scanner finally put to use. Holo doesn't show up well on the scanner, but I do wonder what other cards they give out.

I don't think any scanner would be able to pick up holographic effect well, since the main point of holographic cards is that they shimmer in the light.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't think any scanner would be able to pick up holographic effect well, since the main point of holographic cards is that they shimmer in the light.

There are scanners that actually flash light on a clear surface. You're right, I just meant my scanner just isn't that great.

Look at this card that's used with a scanner.

lDMPO.jpg

It shows the holo better than mine.

gosox333

Pretty much a week left...or less, I'm expecting something like 1 or 2 days before release, if someone manages a date break beforehand.

Somebody'll get it a day or two early, it always happens. Add that to the fact that Japan is already a day(ish) ahead of us, and it's not unbelievable that we could start getting info by late Wednesday.

OMG Aero

The last three gym leaders of Black and White 2 have been revealed! The full list is as follows:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Clay
Burgh
Drayden

I wonder who the Elite Four will be...

Going by that Gym leader list, I wouldn't be surprised if
they are all the same.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I thought I made it clear, B2W2 spoilers go in the B2W2 info threads. No spoilers in this thread, not even properly tagged ones. Period.

OMG Aero

I thought I made it clear, B2W2 spoilers go in the B2W2 info threads. No spoilers in this thread, not even properly tagged ones. Period.
Can you please tell me what you count as a spoiler?
I don't recall anyone having a problem when new features, forms and other things from CoroCoro were discussed before.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't even care about the spoilers, but I know there are people who do and it's a big deal for them.

Can you please tell me what you count as a spoiler?
I don't recall anyone having a problem when new features, forms and other things from CoroCoro were discussed before.

From now until the American release, there will be no talk of Black 2 or White 2 in this thread.

A good plan but people will likely miss the message and some will creep in here, I guess for a period of time you could maybe ask for the thread title to mention no B2W2 spoilers?
Not that it bothers me, i'll be spoiling myself rotten.

gosox333

Pity...someone start the Black/White 2 spoiler topic so I can subscribe to it!

We do have a couple info threads, but you'll have to go looking for those and bump one of them. I'd say it's still a little early to get the OT going.

Guess I wouldn't be against it being posted early, though.

Gravijah

B2W2 come out within the next week in Japan, so a thread is fine.

and yes plz PM a mod to get the title for this thread changed Andrex.

Edited my post to remove spoilers. Sorry Andrex; I forgot.

Also, I was browsing the NeoGAF store today and noticed a disturbing lack of PokéGAF shirts. Someone needs to fix this.

So, Smash just showed a clip of the new opening, including all of Ash's Pokémon at Oak's.

Strangely, this included Primeape, a Pokémon which hasn't so much as been referred to in 15 years.

Top Bottom