• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

OMG Aero

So, Smash just showed a clip of the new opening, including all of Ash's Pokémon at Oak's.

Strangely, this included Primeape, a Pokémon which hasn't so much as been referred to in 15 years.
Wasn't there a Japanese opening before that showed Ash's Pidgeot and Butterfree and they didn't appear in the series at all?

Wasn't there a Japanese opening before that showed Ash's Pidgeot and Butterfree and they didn't appear in the series at all?

Ah, yes, just checked, and they were in Spurt!.

It's an opening, so it almost certainly has no relevance for the series proper, just found it strange that Primeape was at the lab; Butterfree and Pidgeot were just in generic locations, IIRC.

So, Smash just showed a clip of the new opening, including all of Ash's Pokémon at Oak's.

Strangely, this included Primeape, a Pokémon which hasn't so much as been referred to in 15 years.
By the Gods! Return of the king! Ash is finally going to win a pokemon league with the fighting tournament champ.

Don't tell me he's finally going back for Primeape. Hold me please!
Only if you hold me!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can't really not include Pikachu. I'd say:

Pikachu
Charizard
Gible
Torterra
Infernape
Gliscor

...which, uh, I guess basically comes out to his Sinnoh League team. :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Charizard has always been my favorite Pokemon (the Charmander line in general) and I honestly stopped watching the show right around when Ash gave up his Charizard. I was furious.

You can't really not include Pikachu. I'd say:

Pikachu
Charizard
Gible
Torterra
Infernape
Gliscor

...which, uh, I guess basically comes out to his Sinnoh League team. :p

Replace Torterra with Scraggy and we're golden. Poor ol' Tort never won a single battle after evolving, whereas Scraggy took Ash all the way to the semi-finals of a tournament in which he was handicapped by a type disadvantage and got Tobias'd out of the tourny.

Probably...
Charizard
Infernape (I know they're both Fire, but it's flat out wrong to leave either of these out)
Sceptile
Snorlax
Heracross
Gliscor

Pikachu takes Heracross's place if included.

stop being terrible

pinkraicr92s.png

raichu looks a tad bloated

Ooh? A best Pokemon that Ash has/had list war? Don't mind if I do!

Krokorok - I've never seen a full episode of the Black and White series, but if this evolves into it's third evo. I may have to.
Charizard - Who doesn't love this guy? Especially after the third movie.
Noctowl- Has everyone forgotten that Ash owns a shiny?
Haunter- You just HAD to keep him from getting a Gengar, didn't you writers?
Infernape - Such a great development with this one.
Meloetta- He is gonna freaking catch this thing right? RIGHT?

Shrennin

This is a general Pokemon nickname question - say you have a nicknamed Pokemon that you named yourself and you want to revert it back to its actual Pokemon name. If you were to go to the name-rater or whatever and change it back to, let's say, Pikachu (because, let's assume, it's a Pikachu). If you were to make it evolve into Raichu, would its name change to Raichu as well or would you have to rename it to Raichu (or name the Pikachu Raichu in order to anticipate that)?

Wiseblade

Ash's dream Team? Hat to be:

Pikachu - always puts in a solid performance, can go toe-to-toe with legends.
Charizard - Consistently bails Ash out of battles he should lose, has bested legends.
Infernape - Similar to Charizard, but replace legend killer status with copius amounts of plot armour.
Sceptile - Ash's only fully evolved Grass type, Took out Tobias' Darkrai.
Snorlax - always puts in a good performance, knows how to take a hit.
Kingler - Dat Hax.

This is a general Pokemon nickname question - say you have a nicknamed Pokemon that you named yourself and you want to revert it back to its actual Pokemon name. If you were to go to the name-rater or whatever and change it back to, let's say, Pikachu (because, let's assume, it's a Pikachu). If you were to make it evolve into Raichu, would its name change to Raichu as well or would you have to rename it to Raichu (or name the Pikachu Raichu in order to anticipate that)?

It would stay as Pikachu. I'm not sure (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I think if you go to the name rater and leave the spaces empty when nicknaming it, it'll revert back to its default name. It works on the nickname screen upon catching the Pokémon, so it might work there.

Shrennin

It would stay as Pikachu. I'm not sure (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I think if you go to the name rater and leave the spaces empty when nicknaming it, it'll revert back to its default name. It works on the nickname screen upon catching the Pokémon, so it might work there.

I'll try that. That would be kinda annoying if you wanted the default name and there's no real way to get that so the name changes with evolutions.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ash's dream Team? Hat to be:

Pikachu - always puts in a solid performance, can go toe-to-toe with legends.
Charizard - Consistently bails Ash out of battles he should lose, has bested legends.
Infernape - Similar to Charizard, but replace legend killer status with copius amounts of plot armour.
Sceptile - Ash's only fully evolved Grass type, Took out Tobias' Darkrai.
Snorlax - always puts in a good performance, knows how to take a hit.
Kingler - Dat Hax.

What about Torterra?

I recently made a note that Ruby & Sapphire's 10th anniversary (JP release) is due this November the 21st. And either I'm doing the thread, or someone with more time and dedication will want to.

Now who's going to dood it? Either way, I still want to do the next Pokemon Music Appreciation thread this July, around the time of the album release.

I recently made a note that Ruby & Sapphire's 10th anniversary (JP release) is due this November the 21st. And either I'm doing the thread, or someone with more time and dedication will want to.

Now who's going to dood it? Either way, I still want to do the next Pokemon Music Appreciation thread this July, around the time of the album release.

If I had a collaborator to help me with the art/banners, I could totally do that. I'm not doing anything this summer, so I'll have lots of time to plan and execute.

Top Bottom