• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Takao

Banned
It's a shame Medarot R (and really the entire franchise) was never translated. Besides being the only one on PlayStation hardware, it's the only home console iteration to be an extension of the gameplay found in the handheld games. It had a manga series, an expansion pack, and Pocketstation compatibility:

ibgcrRyuY0QPGC.gif

What kind of thing did you have in mind?

What I had in mind was a "Summary" section that served as a basic overview, a "History" section that would outline the game's development, a "New Features" section that went over things such as Double Battles, Natures and Abilities, a "New Pokémon" section in which I would briefly give thoughts on every new family (with an accompanying picture and Bulbapedi link), a "Characters" section to familiarize people with the Gym Leaders, Elite Four members and evil teams, a "Music" section that would help showcase the wonderful music in the game and the composers who made it, a "Reception" section to talk about the praise and criticism the games received, and possibly an "Emerald" section detailing the additions made in the third version.

I would need someone to provide banners and/or artwork due to me lacking both the artistic skill and resources to make some myself.

Takao

Banned
That's KBT-50, named Saikaichis. The difference between KBT-50, and the older KBT-01, Metabee include the red trimmed head barrels, the yellow tipped back "wings" as well as a change in skirt, and chest design. But, the biggest difference is this:

tVXGp.jpg

KBT-50 can transform. It's a mechanic introduced in Medarot 3, and only used in 3, 4, and Navi (though it is set to return in Medarot 7) called Medachange that gives the user the new ability of transforming their Medabot. In the anime Ikki is given this chassis in the beginning of Medabots Season 3, also known as Medarot Damashii ("Spirits"). It's a terrible sequel season produced by Production I.G. that forgets key characters, nerfs the leads, and neglects what made the first season so enjoyable.

It's a shadow within a shadow, composed of conversations on the merit of different Robopon, and there are Dino Device avatars as far as the eye can see.

Surprisingly, Medabots isn't discussed there either, despite one of the admins having a Metabee avvy.

I obviously know Medabots, and I know Telefang. What are those other two things from?
Well, since you're a new initiate, I'll fill ya in ;)

Robopon were a series of mon RPGs (robot themed) for GBC and GBA.

Dino Device 1 and 2 were made from the same developers as Telefang (Smilesoft), and both are on GBA.

Left one in pic is from Telefang.
Top one in pic is from Network Boukenki Bugsite (also Smilesoft), which was on GBC.

Takao

Banned
Well, since you're a new initiate, I'll fill ya in ;)

Robopon were a series of mon RPGs (robot themed) for GBC and GBA.

Dino Device 1 and 2 were made from the same developers as Telefang (Smilesoft), and both are on GBA.

I believe the one on the left and top of the pic are from Network Boukenki Bugsite (also Smilesoft), which was on GBC.

The only one I'm unfamiliar with there is Bugsite. I've just never played Dino Device, or Robopon though. I believe Smilesoft was actually built from former Medarot staff, but I'm not certain on that.

The only one I'm unfamiliar with there is Bugsite. I've just never played Dino Device, or Robopon though. I believe Smilesoft was actually built from former Medarot staff, but I'm not certain on that.
Well, I don't know about the staff composition, but looking at the Smilesoft page, it seems their IPs were bought up by Rocket Company, who you already know about I suppose, heh.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, Rocket Company is a subsidiary of Imagineer who alongside Natsume made Medabots. I don't believe Rocket has ever touched Smiliesoft's IPs, but I suppose since none of them were popular that makes sense (though it raises the question of why they bought them in the first place).

MikeMyers

So I've explored the new cities, battled Cynthia, and re-matched the Elite 4 in White and now I'm starting to get bored with it. At the moment I'm just catching all the legendaries, but other than that I'm considering just getting Soul Silver or Platinum and going through those.

Or how about the Battle Subway? Is that fun?

And how the hell do so many people get to Level 100 quickly? Mine barely level up, even with Lucky Egg.

So I've explored the new cities, battled Cynthia, and re-matched the Elite 4 in White and now I'm starting to get bored with it. At the moment I'm just catching all the legendaries, but other than that I'm considering just getting Soul Silver or Platinum and going through those.

Yeah, you're running low on post-game content. The Battle Subway's best tackled with a fully EV trained team, and can get extremely, ludicrously unfair after a while. If you've tracked down the Plasma Sages, battled Cynthia & Morimoto, done the various legendaries and Volcarona and rebattled the Elite Four, then you've covered a great deal of the postgame stuff. One of the most disappointing aspects of Black and White is the low amount of postgame content, and I hope the sequels rectify this.

Buy Platinum first, BTW. People might tell you to go for HGSS, but these people are suspicious, and are not to be trusted.

Top Bottom