• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I would suggest Ludicolo, but it learns all of its good moves through TMs + Surf. It'd be frustrating trying to level him until you get those moves.

*checks Bulbapedia*

Yuck...and it seems some of the TM's I'd use for him aren't available for a long while. Poor Ludicolo, he deserves so much better.

It's not about stats...I wanted to have Ludicolo with a water, ice and grass attack but I may just compromise because it's been so long since I've had one. If it really was about stats, I'd just go with Gengar and Garchomp.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Poison should be Super Effective on Bug again, and maybe Fighting,

But NO at Ice resisting Grass. Grass already has its fair share of problems, why nerf it even more? :/

Grass hits plenty of popular types for good damage, including Water types who usually act as falls, Ground and Rock types. There's a reason why it's used as a coverage move. Adding Ice to the list of types that resist it wouldn't be a monstrous blow, and how bring Ice type up to acceptable usage. It only makes sense for it to happen.

I don't know why Poison should be Super Effective on Bug, or Fighting. When I think of the types off the top of my head, that didn't come to mind. Bugs generally have poisonous qualities about them, even if they lack the type and Fighting types should be weak to it because.. fighters are frequently poisoned? I don't know about that. lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pick a Pokemon you've never used before. There's always a Pokemon someone likes the look of, but has never used in an actual playthrough. Try that.

MikeMyers

I'm actually using Farfetch'd in my current Leaf Green run, pretty fun so far.

I don't know why Poison should be Super Effective on Bug, or Fighting. When I think of the types off the top of my head, that didn't come to mind. Bugs generally have poisonous qualities about them, even if they lack the type and Fighting types should be weak to it because.. fighters are frequently poisoned? I don't know about that. lol

Poison was Super Effective against Bug in Gen. I, which is why I suggested it. Kinda makes sense. I just imagine a Bug eating a Poisonous berry in the wild and then dying.

The fighting thing is a stretch, I'd admit to that. But I just imagine a fighter going crazy if someone sprewed acid on them.

Pick a Pokemon you've never used before. There's always a Pokemon someone likes the look of, but has never used in an actual playthrough. Try that.

Hmmm I could do that too. I'll give it some thought. Maybe pick one from the list and another I've always liked but never used. I know there are a few.

*checks Bulbapedia*

Yuck...and it seems some of the TM's I'd use for him aren't available for a long while. Poor Ludicolo, he deserves so much better.

Depending on how you're getting it into your copy of White, you could always breed a Lotad to have some of it's good moves (like Ice Beam, Giga Drain, etc) so it doesn't completely stink when you get it.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll probably have to use action replay to get them all at level five.

Starting out with first forms, but I actually dislike some of their higher forms more. It makes more sense to start it out this way with different types of Pokemon.

Trubbish will be my main
Solosis
Elgyem
Golett
Nosepass
Palpitoad

Actually, Tympole(the line) knocks the Mushroom off the list. Least now I have Surf.

PK Gaming

I'm disappointed that Haxorus didn't get Fire Punch, but Superpower/Low Kick is a somewhat worthy replacement. You can now deal heavy damage to ferrothorn which is nice.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
o7gNI.jpg

I'm disappointed that Haxorus didn't get Fire Punch, but Superpower/Low Kick is a somewhat worthy replacement. You can now deal heavy damage to ferrothorn which is nice.

Fire Punch just would have made him unbalanced. The few things that can switch into a boosted Outrage and survive would be toast, but even then, Haxorus needs little in the way of coverage thanks to Mold Breaker with Earthquake.

PK Gaming

Fire Punch just would have made him unbalanced. The few things that can switch into a boosted Outrage and survive would be toast, but even then, Haxorus needs little in the way of coverage thanks to Mold Breaker with Earthquake.

The other dragons (Salamence, Dragonite and Hydreigon) can already checkmate steel types with their good fire moves. Fire Punch on Haxorus would have helped his matchup vs Skarmory and Ferrothorn more (the latter which he now beats with Superpower) but I don't think it would have broken him. He's still held back by that less than awesome speed stat.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Golurk in BW2. Those move tutors. My God.

The other dragons (Salamence, Dragonite and Hydreigon) can already checkmate steel types with their good fire moves. Fire Punch on Haxorus would have helped his matchup vs Skarmory and Ferrothorn more (the latter which he now beats with Superpower) but I don't think it would have broken him. He's still held back by that less than awesome speed stat.

The Dragons already 'break' singles, and change the metagame more than anything. Another Dragon with even more power, Mold Breaker and full coverage is not what I want to see.

I'm actually not that fond of Garchomp's design...I only like the line because Gible is cute...as cute as a big mouth with a bunch of pointy teeth can be...which probably isn't saying much but who's counting?

I think I'll go with Ludicolo and Ampharos. Wanted to go with Farfetch'd but I really want to try using the American Eagle so maybe next time!

What's the difference between a stick and a leek? One helps children out every day, and the other just gives game publishers more publicity.

Is that joke too Farfetch'd for you tastes?

What's the difference between a stick and a leek? One helps children out every day, and the other just gives game publishers more publicity.

Is that joke too Farfetch'd for you tastes?

What's the difference between this joke and Farfetch'd?

One's a well thought-out creation and the other's Farfetch'd

Note: purely satirical. Farfetch'd is boss.

Top Bottom