• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

J@hranimo

Banned
So I've been breeding metangs to get an adamant beldum and I finally got one. Took me a day and a half.

Sometimes I hate this type of breeding with dittos :/

pokmon-impostor.png

That little stitch above his eye is my favourite detail in any Pokémon artwork ever.

Wichu

Cool: Cacturne
Cute: Maractus

I'm quite partial to Maractus after using it on my team. Can't wait for it to appear in the Dream World so I can use Storm Drain instead of Water Absorb.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
True story, I spread the rumor on PokeJungle about the new Starters and everything. I was also behind the pre-BW "Reimu-Namakusu" rumor.

But I didn't draw Cactowl or have any idea about those scans, but it was weird how well they matched what I imagined them to look like when making it up. I spit out my drink when they first popped up haha.

True story, I spread the rumor on PokeJungle about the new Starters and everything. I was also behind the pre-BW "Reimu-Namakusu" rumor.

But I didn't draw Cactowl or have any idea about those scans, but it was weird how well they matched what I imagined them to look like when making it up. I spit out my drink when they first popped up haha.

Birdie is...

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

Ganondolphin?!

Why must you toy with us, Birdie?

Watch Da Birdie

It was my late April Fools joke. :(

I didn't think it'd spread, till someone made the scans lol.

MikeMyers

Started playing Leaf Green, it's amazing how slow this game feels after playing White.

I have Squirtle and Spearow so far. I might get Mangeton because of all the resistences he has, no idea after that.

Takao

Banned
Well I don't know about the NoA thing, but NoE dropped the bomb and announced another new Pokemon game for this year.
Pokémon Typing Adventure

That's a localization of the DS game that came out in 2011. Should've been Pokemon Typing of the Dead.

Watch Da Birdie

Man, I've gotta raise some Grass-type Pokemon for when I battle Roxie. She's a Rock-type Gym Leader, right?

You...

YOU COULD HAVE SPARED US ALL THAT HEARTACHE. ;~;

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had a discussion about pokemon with my friend last night. He mention that we should got new types to celebrate 20 years anniversary in future.

He mention Light/Fairy and Wind. I thought it was interesting idea but I'm sure that GameFreak wouldn't waste their time to revamp the type charts in order to add few new types, right?

I pointed it out that Wind might have same resistance and weakness as Flying, and he mention that there are few pokemon should have wind element, comparing to flying.

For example, If I remembered correctly,

He think those pokemon should be labeled as wind type

Rotom's Fan form
Thundurus
Tornadus
Jumpluff
Rayquaza
Shaymin

Those pokemon should be labeled as fairy/light type
Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Mew
Jirachi
Victini
Serebii/Celebii
Manaphy

Just odd rambling about pokemon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Psychic is basically Light and functions as such and of course Wind is covered mostly by Flying. Expanding the type list isn't really what they need so much as to make adjustments to them.

Ice needs to resist Dragon, Bug and Grass, making a lot of the bulky Ice types decent checks to a number of Pokemon. Poison should be Super Effective against Water, giving Pokemon a reason to carry STAB Poison moves.

If there was a new type created, it should centre around being a Dragon counter (offensively and defensively), because the type is incredibly unbalanced not only because of the base stats of most Dragons and their moves, but because only one type resist Dragon.

MikeMyers

Psychic is basically Light and functions as such and of course Wind is covered mostly by Flying. Expanding the type list isn't really what they need so much as to make adjustments to them.

Ice needs to resist Dragon, Bug and Grass, making a lot of the bulky Ice types decent checks to a number of Pokemon. Poison should be Super Effective against Water, giving Pokemon a reason to carry STAB Poison moves.

If there was a new type created, it should centre around being a Dragon counter (offensively and defensively), because the type is incredibly unbalanced not only because of the base stats of most Dragons and their moves, but because only one type resist Dragon.

Poison should be Super Effective on Bug again, and maybe Fighting,

But NO at Ice resisting Grass. Grass already has its fair share of problems, why nerf it even more? :/

Man, I'd love to win this figure~

It's a figurine made by Camille Young, of Fangamer fame, and was commissioned to raise money for charity (specifically, ACT Today) and as such is currently being given away as a cut-throat auction at http://www.thespeedgamers.com as part of the end of their 1-week marathon for charity by trying to catch every Pokemon. I'd love to win it, but there's no way I'd have enough money to compete with what the winning bids are likely to be (the top bid is already at $250). Still, I thought I'd post this here for those that are interested and might want to try their hand or otherwise watch the stream and see what happens.

This is actually the last of five figurines that a TSG member commissioned from Camille to raise money for charity. The earlier four were a TF2-Spy Marill, a Starman Gengar, a Deku Scrub Treecko, and a Krogan Croagunk. If you want a look at those figurines, you can go back through Fangamer's tweets over the past few days here:
https://twitter.com/Fangamer

Edit: Bah, I'll just post the links to the tweets that have the pics:

TF2 Spy Marill and Starman Gengar: https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/214453624938569728

Deku Treecko: https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/215592993405677570

Krogan Croagunk: https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/215628046336663553

But yeah, this was something that was just too awesome not to share IMO and I haven't seen anything about the TSG's marathon posted in this thread over the last few days, so I just thought I'd share~

Sooo I want to start a new Pokemon White save and I want to have a couple of my old favorites from the older games on there...which two should I go with from this list?

Gengar
Farfetch'd
Ampharos
Ludicolo
Monferno
Garchomp
Ambipom

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sooo I want to start a new Pokemon White save and I want to have a couple of my old favorites from the older games on there...which two should I go with from this list?

Gengar
Farfetch'd
Ampharos
Ludicolo
Monferno
Garchomp
Ambipom

gengar and garchomp

Top Bottom