• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Esura

Banned
Thighs > Boobs > the rest

Black_White_Skyla.png

I agree though.

Esura

Banned
double post

well, not really double post but this 503 thing made me post the same thing twice.

EDIT:

she is my favorite pokegirl for a reason

her and whitney are tied

I was more of a Sabrina, Cynthia, GSC/HGSS Misty person however I'm extremely impressed with the Black and White gym girls.

Kokonoe

Banned
Okay, I'd like to say something. This is a Pokemon Community thread, and what's been going on the past two pages is something I would not expect to see in such a thread.

There is a time and a place for whatever conversation this is, but I don't believe treating this thread as a chat room for distasteful conversation is proper. It's very unappealing to come into this thread and see fixation on characters, and it's probably a bit immature too.

I apologize if this sounds rude, but I mean what I say.

Okay, I'd like to say something. This is a Pokemon Community thread, and what's been going on the past two pages is something I would not expect to see in such a thread.

There is a time and a place for whatever conversation this is, but I don't believe treating this thread as a chat room for distasteful conversation is proper. It's very unappealing to come into this thread and see fixation on characters, and it's probably a bit immature too.

I can sorta see where you're coming from, but part of the beauty of the Community Thread is that off-topic, tangential discussion is common, and you can dip in and out as the discussion suits your tastes. Like it or not, but a Community is founded on the people in it.

Sometimes you've just got to roll your eyes and change the subject. Lord knows that I don't like some of the discussion in the thread (and the IRC, oh my God), but I like to let it play out and then take it elsewhere when everyone's had their fun.

Don't worry about the rudeness, BTW; we're not a group of people famed for keeping our opinions to ourselves. :p

Kokonoe

Banned
I can sorta see where you're coming from, but part of the beauty of the Community Thread is that off-topic, tangential discussion is common, and you can dip in and out as the discussion suits your tastes. Like it or not, but a Community is founded on the people in it.

Sometimes you've just got to roll your eyes and change the subject. Lord knows that I don't like some of the discussion in the thread (and the IRC, oh my God), but I like to let it play out and then take it elsewhere when everyone's had their fun.

Don't worry about the rudeness, BTW; we're not a group of people famed for keeping our opinions to ourselves. :p

I don't mind the randomness and off topic discussions, I've accepted that a while back as I've joined in on the "fun" myself a few times. I mean specifically the distasteful discussion on the past two pages if you know what I'm talking about.

I think in a "Pokemon" thread as light as the show and game is, we shouldn't be discussing stuff like that. There's an IRC or other forms of communication for that.

It could be far worse, and far worse has happened on GAF before. Since we can embellish our posts more clearly on GAF itself, though, a lot of us seem to prefer the forum to the IRC chat we've set up for these shenanigans. That's just the way it is, and Andrex can't be forced to police this place all day-and-night.

Esura

Banned
I don't mind the randomness and off topic discussions, I've accepted that a while back as I've joined in on the "fun" myself a few times. I mean specifically the distasteful discussion on the past two pages if you know what I'm talking about.

I think in a "Pokemon" thread as light as the show and game is, we shouldn't be discussing stuff like that. There's an IRC or other forms of communication for that.

I don't get it honestly. You don't mind off topic and random discussions not pertaining to Pokemon, but you don't like "distasteful" discussions (hardly distasteful, this is mild...very mild) that's on Pokemon?

I don't think the tone of the show or the games should have anything to do with the tone of discussion.

Also this.
James_breasts.jpg

LeleSocho

Banned

So i guess by distasteful you mean the sexy fanarts and all the talk about it, if so i take all the fault since i posted it first but i seriously think that isn't that bad since we all know the limits of posting stuff like that and it can be a light and nice topic of discussion when there isn't nothing to talk about just like when we have the GenX>GenY or StarterX>StarterY discussions...

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Fight the good fight, Kokonoe.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't get it honestly. You don't mind off topic and random discussions not pertaining to Pokemon, but you don't like "distasteful" discussions (hardly distasteful, this is mild...very mild) that's on Pokemon?
It's acceptance of it. But at the same time, you cannot compare that to discussion that's more of lusting on characters from Pokemon.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do so(whatever you like is whatever you like), but to do it here in this Pokemon thread, clearly you must see the issue.

I understand that this is a "community" thread and more things are allowed, but this is a bit much.
I don't think the tone of the show or the games should have anything to do with the tone of discussion.

Also this.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/James_breasts.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

You cannot compare one incident (which was a lost episode by the way) to how Pokemon is seen and is marketed and created. However, what you're posting isn't even the issue I'm discussing.

I'm discussing the issue of the people themselves bringing in subjects that have no place in this thread. As I said, this is a community thread, but it isn't a thread for stuff like this. It's very unappealing.

[quote="ScraftyDevil, post: 39198473"][img]http://www.jonhusby.com/gif/citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif[img]

Fight the good fight, Kokonoe.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

-

I'm just kindly asking to please take that specific discussion else where. I harbor no ill feelings towards anyone in this thread.

Keep the spank material private! (Agreed with what Kokonoe said)

Anywho...Pokemon Pinball is strangely addictive. Don't what it is about it but I find it pretty enjoyable for shorts spurts or so. Have they thought about coming out with another one? Pokemon Pinball on the 3DS would be kinda cool.

You cannot compare one incident (which was a lost episode by the way) to how Pokemon is seen and is marketed and created. However, what you're posting isn't even the issue I'm discussing.

I'm discussing the issue of the people themselves bringing in subjects that have no place in this thread. As I said, this is a community thread, but it isn't a thread for stuff like this. It's very unappealing.

It isn't a "Lost episode", it's an episode that is banned in pretty much every country that isn't Japan.

Also if it has to do with Pokemon and doesn't break the rules of the site then this is where it goes.

Kokonoe

Banned
By the way, there was a mini-Pokemon card DS game released only in japan a while back. I believe it was part of a TCG Black and White box set that included the DS cartridge. It's more of a tutorial, but hey it's the newest thing.

Pokemon TCG DS

I must obtain this some how.

Anywho...Pokemon Pinball is strangely addictive. Don't what it is about it but I find it pretty enjoyable for shorts spurts or so. Have they thought about coming out with another one? Pokemon Pinball on the 3DS would be kinda cool.

I haven't really played the GBA one, but I remember putting in tons of hours into the original one for gameboy color. I ended up losing the cover that made it rumble after a while, but it was interesting to see rumble in a handheld.

I should probably try out the GBA one finally.

Yea I need to find a battery so I can see how that rumble feature works out. It'll probably end up annoying me after awhile. I forgot about the one on the GBA, I guess I better track that down and see how it is. It's cool when they go outside of the box sometimes. (Hey guys, how about we come out with a more improved Pokemon Snap?!)

LeleSocho

Banned
I understand that this is a "community" thread and more things are allowed, but this is a bit much.
I'm not saying it's wrong to do so(whatever you like is whatever you like), but to do it here in this Pokemon thread, clearly you must see the issue.
I sincerely don't see the issue, we are all grown up here so there's no kid to harm but i understand that there are people that are more open than others...

yeah Pokémon Pinball is seriously strangely addictive... it's not a good pinball game but once you begin to play it you'll never stop (at least the first one).

backlot

It isn't a "Lost episode", it's an episode that is banned in pretty much every country that isn't Japan.

Also if it has to do with Pokemon and doesn't break the rules of the site then this is where it goes.

Didn't they release it in America as a lost episode? They just cut that part out.

I'm desperate to figure out if Go Ichinose actually did the music for the GBC Pinball game. It's clearly his musical style (and the Name Entry ditty is a prototype version of Sootopolis City's theme in R/S/E), but there aren't any credits available, given how small of a job the game itself was, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to interview the man for the information I want.

Yes: the music's the only real reason I care about Pokemon Pinball, much as I love pinball. I could play Pokemon Pinball all-day if I wasn't having anxiety problems like I normally do.

seeing he's using the Citizen Kane gif I think he's making fun of you

No; I wholehartedly agree. I'm okay with people drawing and enjoying that kind of fanart, but I do feel a little bit uncomfortable when it becomes the primary topic of discussion in this thread. There is a fanart thread (and indeed several threads elsewhere) for that express purpose.

Whenever the thread gets this way I just ignore it and come back later, so I don't really care that much. To each their own, I guess.

Yea I need to find a battery so I can see how that rumble feature works out. It'll probably end up annoying me after awhile. I forgot about the one on the GBA, I guess I better track that down and see how it is. It's cool when they go outside of the box sometimes. (Hey guys, how about we come out with a more improved Pokemon Snap?!)
Pokemon AR's got us covered, for now. A new Snap for the 3DS, based on an actual region like Hoenn or Sinnoh, would be simply the best.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm desperate to figure out if Go Ichinose actually did the music for the GBC Pinball game. It's clearly his musical style (and the Name Entry ditty is a prototype version of Sootopolis City's theme in R/S/E), but there aren't any credits available, given how small of a job the game itself was, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to interview the man for the information I want.

Yes: the music's the only real reason I care about Pokemon Pinball, much as I love pinball. I could play Pokemon Pinball all-day if I wasn't having anxiety problems like I normally do.
dunno if it can help http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29747861&postcount=8643

It's possible, but the game was developed by Jupiter, and they've taken on a whole bunch of different contract game musicians to do the music and sound design for their games. Hip Tanaka mainly works on the anime soundtracks with Shinji Miyazaki and the rest, but the evidence points more closely to Ichinose. That guy also didn't source his material very well at all!

Actually: I think this guy's mentioning how Tanaka composed the anime theme itself, which makes more sense. Whoever did Pinball GBC rearranged the piece to be used in-game.

Boney

Banned
No; I wholehartedly agree. I'm okay with people drawing and enjoying that kind of fanart, but I do feel a little bit uncomfortable when it becomes the primary topic of discussion in this thread. There is a fanart thread (and indeed several threads elsewhere) for that express purpose.

Whenever the thread gets this way I just ignore it and come back later, so I don't really care that much. To each their own, I guess.

I'm pretty certain someone was making fun of someone.

It's possible, but the game was developed by Jupiter, and they've taken on a whole bunch of different contract game musicians to do the music and sound design for their games. Hip Tanaka mainly works on the anime soundtracks with Shinji Miyazaki and the rest, but the evidence points more closely to Ichinose. That guy also didn't source his material very well at all!

Actually: I think this guy's mentioning how Tanaka composed the anime theme itself, which makes more sense. Whoever did Pinball GBC rearranged the piece to be used in-game.

Is your primary interest in Pokemon mainly the music? Or just a biiiiig part of it? Not that I'm complaining, no sireeee.

Kokonoe

Banned
If they start putting N64 roms on the eShop, it'd be interesting to see them add some sort of functionality with the 3DS on Snap.

Is your primary interest in Pokemon mainly the music? Or just a biiiiig part of it? Not that I'm complaining, no sireeee.
Music's a big part of it, and my primary focus right now. Much of the motivation for me to research Pokemon music, and the people behind the music, was seeing how awful a lot of Pokemon game music album reviews happen to be. Not that I'm going to complain about the importance of subjectivity and opinion here, but many of those reviews had factual errors, were uninformed about various aspects of the games, and were just sloppily-written in general. Though I have to give due credit to men like Patrick Gann and Chris Greening for encouraging my bold step into this kind of writing and journalistic context, I really want to offer my own perspective on Pokemon music, coming from the perspective of a franchise fan and a fan of game music in general.

I play the games, still. But music's my major investment in the games right now, since it'll help me out with my career options later. And since every other game music critic on the planet wants to cover the big new releases, the only material I'm really going to cover are obscure, older albums (though I plan to submit a review of the next Pokemon album release). Because I'm doing such tedious work to uncover credits and write these articles, it's no wonder I'm so interested in figuring out if Ichinose did Pinball GBC's music.

One day, though, I'm going to stop fucking around and start writing articles for Hardcore Gaming 101. I've got some ideas.

Andrefpvs

Guys I need your help. Is there any way I can contact the people responsible for the English translation of Pokémon games?

I assume it's some department over at The Pokémon Company International, but I wonder how easy it would be to ask a question from them, make a request, or leave feedback.

The game credits list these people:
YO7r8.png

Has anyone ever successfully contacted them?

Firestorm

Well first you fill out a support ticket which gets looked at by generic customer service staff then you'll have to escalate to get it to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Top Bottom