• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Keldeo and either Meloetta or new Kyurem forme. Bet on it.

It's not uncommon for event legendaries and new formes to be teased like this; I think Giratina's Origin forme and both of Shaymin's forms were teased in this way.

upandaway

Gravijah said:
they were revealed on pokemon sunday... AFTER BW were announced, iirc.
Pokemon Sunday? Wasn't that CoroCoro? And how did their question marks first pop up?

I kinda remember their question marks being among figurines.. maybe I'm just confused.

Gravijah

upandaway said:
Pokemon Sunday? Wasn't that CoroCoro? And how did their question marks first pop up?

I kinda remember their question marks being among figurines.. maybe I'm just confused.

masuda had a big silhouette of zoroark on an episode of pokemon sunday.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It went, first Pokemon Sunday teased something, then it got fully revealed a few days later in CoroCoro, then they went over basically everything that was in CoroCoro on the next Pokemon Sunday.

Of course, if they were following the timetable for gen IV Pokemon reveals, they'd be revealing a gen VI Pokemon; Munchlax was revealed for the second AG movie.

There's close to no chance that's happening. Unfortunately, my body would be ready. :(

Gravijah said:
i need a new pokemon game. :/ platinum->hgss->bw each year was amazing.
If I'm correct in thinking that Nintendo are still very keen to push the 3DS as far as possible, I don't think you have long to wait.

Having 3 main line releases every 4 years would be great. Didn't it go similarly for RS->FRLG->Emerald? So good.

Gravijah

Exterminieren said:
If I'm correct in thinking that Nintendo are still very keen to push the 3DS as far as possible, I don't think you have long to wait.

Having 3 main line releases every 4 years would be great. Didn't it go similarly for RS->FRLG->Emerald? So good.
i just hope we get grey (or rse remakes, but at this point i'm expecting grey) before 2013. in english.

edit: jesus christ bulbapedia

re: differences between anime & games

"In the anime, characters change their clothes when they go swimming. However, when a player dives underwater in the games, the player is still wearing their normal outfit. "

lol.

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
i just hope we get grey (or rse remakes, but at this point i'm expecting grey) before 2013. in english.

edit: jesus christ bulbapedia

re: differences between anime & games

"In the anime, characters change their clothes when they go swimming. However, when a player dives underwater in the games, the player is still wearing their normal outfit. "

lol.
I love this site so much:
http://thanksbulbapedia.tumblr.com

Frost_Ace

Bulbapedia said:
A message within the game's code reads "By the way: If you like this game, buy it or die." This message is occasionally activated by talking to the Seagallop ferryman in Vermilion City while playing an improperly-dumped ROM of the game. Several of the dumping groups who originally dumped the ROMs later confirmed that the message was not added by them.
lolwut

Anth0ny

"Due to the DS cartridges being black, Pokémon Black is technically the first Pokémon game since Emerald to have its cartridge match the color of the game."

bahahaha

Posting on behalf of the esteemed penguin:
QHxtB.png

Topic: "The potential of Pokémon using Mario Kart style 'communities' in future Pokémon games"
Darryl said:

Personally, I would really go for a community, especially if the rules for battlers are fine-grained enough (like restricting based on type, or by dex number, or by move). Could make for some interesting battles.

It could be a way to attract more of the simulator scene to the handheld games, aside from making the training easier. Having a way to set up locations with set rules in place, and having large caps on commmunity members instead of small ones, could really help. Also, with possible stat tracking from GBU, and some form of online community management, the possibility of inviting people to battles through the friends list, just using your Battle Box to make things go faster...

Like half of that stuff won't happen lol. But it would be nice.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade. </3

Just when the family was back together. Anyone know why he was banned? His last posts were in the Blacespace/Timedog and "My thoughts on Xenoblade..." threads, but nothing that seemed bannable from what I saw...

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Wiseblade. </3

Just when the family was back together. Anyone know why he was banned? His last posts were in the Blacespace/Timedog and "My thoughts on Xenoblade..." threads, but nothing that seemed bannable from what I saw...

backseat modding in the xenoblade thread. just a week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No Barry either... tch. Edit- Although I'm pretty sure that Cheren is a girl...

I had the sudden urge earlier today to make a Pokemon fanfic.

Like, a good one. There's only like, two of those out there I think. So it's not exactly a crowded market. :p

GAF would you read it~~~~?

Pokemon doesn't really suit fanfic well, I guess. I've seen one or two decent ones (I remember a good one about a kid dying of a Beedrill sting or something a few years ago), but largely the format tends to attract some intensely creepy fanficers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It was totally random.

As for the rest of you, fine! Maybe I'll just do an awful webcomic instead. >:/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was still coming up with a lot of the concept.

What I had so far:

Basically a trainer from Sinnoh venturing to Kanto and encountering a revived Team Rocket. I was thinking I would eventually reveal that (omg potential spoilers maybe!)
Mewtwo was behind it all and was manipulating Giovanni and Blue through mind control.
Or something.

And the trainer only has one Pokemon but it's technically just a companion and he never really caught it, so like midway through the series one of the Rocket grunts just throws a Silph Co. Master Ball at it and of course catches it. That would make for a good arc, where the trainer has to sneak around without a Pokemon and deal with not having his partner for the first time since he was a baby. (The Pokemon would be baby form when he was a kid, then one stage further when the story begins.)

Oh and the Pokemon would be shiny, and would evolve to its final form after the climactic battle.

Then in a cliffhanger twist the trainer's mom is attack by Galactic or something and he has to rush back to Sinnoh for season 2.

* 100% subject to change or even for me to completely forget about ever doing it, like my BW Abridged idea.

This all sounds terrible but I could probably make it work. I don't take pride in much but I am happy with my writing style and haven't gotten many complaints about it. Even so, it's stagnating and I could use a good project like this to work on it and get critiques.

Top Bottom