• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I feel like spoiling the massive awesomeness of the postgame now...

Anyways I found one of those Pokeballs that holds those gold plated (Bet it's fake gold) cards. It's so shiny...I wish it came in different colors...

Kokonoe

Banned
I feel like spoiling the massive awesomeness of the postgame now...

Anyways I found one of those Pokeballs that holds those gold plated (Bet it's fake gold) cards. It's so shiny...I wish it came in different colors...

I think it was like 23 carat gold. It's been too long, though.

Kokonoe

Banned
No you're correct.

Don't really care about the card though, lol.

Heh. Well, I do have to say the Pokeball is pretty swell and it'd be lovely to see a purple one. I have mine somewhere stashed away. Of course there is paint dye that could do just that while keeping the integrity of it.

Yea, I bet if you sanded it down a bit, you could give it an alternate paint job like if you wanted to have a whole set of all the different Pokeballs (And I just remembered how many there are) but I'm horrible at painting so I won't try.

MikeMyers

Whoa now, Lugia isn't that much faster than Kyogre.

And since both have ~150-ish base Special Defense, Kyogre would win in a one-on-one fight due to its monstrous Special Attack+Thunder, a boon which Lugia does not have.

I do also think it's rather telling that Lugia is only referred to as "Guardian of the Sea" whereas Kyogre is "Lord and Creator of the Sea."

Lugia got the worst movie of all the Pokemon movies.

Why? Because Tracey was in that movie.

Nobody likes Tracey.

MikeMyers

Reading about the series now.

I think between Brock's mother making an appearence and Raikou film, easily the best Pokemon series since Kanto.

gas one of the three classical states of matter
immune to all physics attacks, weakness on fire and ice, resistance on flying
pretty broken i know

Is it really broken considering plenty of Pokemon can use fire and ice attacks? That's an interesting idea for a type...I could see some of the ghosts falling under that class (Anything to give Gengar an edge on psychics!)

First I heard of Pokemon Chronicles but it sounds pretty interesting. Where can I watch some of the episodes?

Anything without Ash is a plus.
I remember stumbling upon the first Sinnoh episode one time and it was Dawn focused for like the whole episode and I was surprised to find myself kind of enjoying it, then Ash and Team Rocket arrived at the last second causing the stale to seep in.

You phrased it better. Apologies, I've been drinking :lol
Apology accepted, after all you're only human.

I'm thinking more about him having that pesky Poison as a secondary type. Some of the best psychics seem to match him for speed and if he doesn't get the drop on them...poor poor Gengar.

OMG Aero

gas one of the three classical states of matter
immune to all physics attacks, weakness on fire and ice, resistance on flying
pretty broken i know
Okay now come up with some ideas for gas type Pokemon that couldn't just fit into other types and are actually varied in their designs.

illadelph

so I'm playing Gold on my Super Game Boy, and I noticed something. When I change the sound from mono to stereo, the music not only sound way worse, it sounds almost like a completely different song. Anyone else ever notice this (probably doesn't matter what system you are playing the game on)?

I guess the sound was optimized for mono and stereo was just thrown in as an option.

Feep

Banned
So, I'm hosting a big event for my friends in Los Angeles: "Original Pokemonth".

Everyone is ordering an original GB, GBP, or GBC and an original Red, Blue, or Yellow cartridge. We're starting from scratch on October 1st, and every Sunday that month, we're meeting at my place (or a local rec center, if it gets too big) to battle, trade, watch some Pokemon anime, and play the TCG. Generation 1 ONLY.

I'm so excited.

Like old times, my dear not-friend-but-a-decent-acquaintance.

I'm now going to begin work on a thread about Bushi Seiryuuden, the other Game Freak JRPG no-one talks about on GAF. You're all encouraged to post and bump said thread when it inevitably dies after a few minutes on the front page of Gaming Discussion.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So, I'm hosting a big event for my friends in Los Angeles: "Original Pokemonth".

Everyone is ordering an original GB, GBP, or GBC and an original Red, Blue, or Yellow cartridge. We're starting from scratch on October 1st, and every Sunday that month, we're meeting at my place (or a local rec center, if it gets too big) to battle, trade, watch some Pokemon anime, and play the TCG. Generation 1 ONLY.

I'm so excited.
Those battles are going to be so annoying. Mmm thundwave and wrap/firespin all day. Better make a ban on that combo or hope no one that goes are douche bags lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is it possible to trade from gold to white through online or do I need a second ds?

Edit:damn it I didn't even realize I double posted -.-

MikeMyers

Nope, Gary is Ash's nephew. Prof. Oak, Mr. Mime, and Tracy been doing some spring cleaning at Ash's house when he is on his adventures.

No, Gary is Ash father. Oak, Mime, and Tracey are just getting with Gary Oak's leftovers.

And before you say "They're the same age, that doesn't make sense." Keep in mind this is the same guy who got 10 Kanto Badges but only beat 7 Gym Leaders.

GaryAwesome.png

Gary and his ladies will smell ya later.

Top Bottom