• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

LeleSocho

Banned
So basically you want what most RPGs call Air element attacks?
sort of... air most of the time is like flying on pokémon: just attacks that move air or creates tornado etc.
Gas for example can have attacks that affect all the status using poisonus gas, sleeping gas, paralyzing gas and so on
Okay now come up with some ideas for gas type Pokemon that couldn't just fit into other types and are actually varied in their designs.
uuh i can come up with ideas like being intangibile for example but design isn't my thing, ask Chet for that.

sort of... air most of the time is like flying on pokémon just attacks that move air or creates tornado etc.
Gas for example can have attacks that affect all the status using poisonus gas, sleeping gas, paralyzing gas and so on

uuh i can come up with ideas like being intangibile for example but design isn't my thing, ask Chet for that.

Like I said earlier, the Gastly line could fit here.

Mush

I posted this in the BW2 sales thread but since no one loves me I'll post it again.
While you're all here, someone tell me what the heck I should be doing post-E4 in B/W 1. I just picked it up again because the hype train made a stop in my town.

Explore the right side of the map. Collect even more Pokemon and train up to take on the Elite Four and the Champion.

And yes, the Gastly line is the greatest. I'd list why I love them but no one wants to hear that.

Wiseblade

"Billiechu, stop posting creepy lesbian stuff!"

Okay :T

Oh... I see how it is.

There's a world of difference between "Isn't it odd how Prof. Oak and Delia Ketchum are ALWAYS seen together? I bet they're doing it!" and "thighs are my favourite part of the female anatomy! Breasts are second!"

Emitan

Does anyone else go in blind and have issues picking Pokémon? I might catch something that looks cool but never use it because it comes with crummy moves not knowing in 6 levels it'll be really good.

Wiseblade

"Let me see what is the base stat in sp.atk of this cool pokémon..."

iboi6ybrZPB1dY.gif

Frost_Ace

So challenge modes adds a pokemon to the gym leaders/elite four and even changes some moves/items.

I really wanna play in challenge mode on my first playthrough :(

How do you choose who to use?

I look at pokemon who I like aesthetically and make up a team that has these pokemon , I make sure each is of a different typing and that they fulfil different roles i.e that i dont have to much physical or special attacks but a nice balance. I check out what moves they use too in some cases but otherwise i just wing it for my play throughs. I may have some placeholder pokemon along the way of my play through but i always have a team in mind overall.

Esura

Banned
There's a world of difference between "Isn't it odd how Prof. Oak and Delia Ketchum are ALWAYS seen together? I bet they're doing it!" and "thighs are my favourite part of the female anatomy! Breasts are second!"
Honestly, they both are the exact same thing to me. Both were somewhat raunchy conversations on Pokemon characters. Seems kind of hypocritical to me to criticize one and not the other to be honest but whatever, I digress.

Site still isn't up but our forums are if people were interested in signing up: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/

Cool, I'll join. Haven't been on a PKMN forum in like 9 years.

Whats the best Eevee evolution? In terms of competitiveness? I've been reading Smogon stuff and I'm really trying to take this to the next level. I know in BW2 I want to make a team with a Gardevoir and a Milotic and some Eevee evolutions.

Honestly, they both are the exact same thing to me. Both were somewhat raunchy conversations on Pokemon characters. Seems kind of hypocritical to me to criticize one and not the other to be honest but whatever, I digress.

Cool, I'll join. Haven't been on a PKMN forum in like 9 years.

Whats the best Eevee evolution? In terms of competitiveness? I've been reading Smogon stuff and I'm really trying to take this to the next level. I know in BW2 I want to make a team with a Gardevoir and a Milotic and some Eevee evolutions.

If you can get a Hidden Ability Eevee, Espeon is godlike. Of course, I'm quite biased since Espeon's my favourite, but there you go.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was under the impression that Umbreon was a pretty good tank. Has that changed?

Umbreon's job has become tougher and tougher. Dark is not the best typing with all the Fighting types, Close Combat, strong bugs and U-Turn, and its move pool is really poor. Often in the hyper offensive singles games, it's dead weight on a team because it threatens almost nothing, if it carries an attack at all. Even Mean Look passing has been nerfed, and it was outclassed by a few other Pokemon for the role (notably Smeargle). The reason it's still in the top 100 of OU is because people love the Pokemon itself more than the role it fills.

MikeMyers

Espeon has basically pulled even with it thanks to Magic Bounce and Vaporeon holds a place as one of the better bulky waters. All are really good in their own way.

Magic Bound gets too much hype imo. If I see someone with that on my Team Preview, I don't set up entry hazards, I predict them to switch to Espeon and just Gyro Ball it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Magic Bound gets too much hype imo. If I see someone with that on my Team Preview, I don't set up entry hazards, I predict them to switch to Espeon and just Gyro Ball it.

It's not always used as a lead; In fact, Espeon is only 31st in OU for leads. Primarily for the reason you state, if only used as a lead, it can be easily dealt with. But as a Pokemon at the ready, it's pretty nice.

It's an amazing ability all around, countering what many Pokemon would like to do, and is a powerful tool with superior prediction. If it was really amazing, or broken, Espeon would be higher than the 30s in OU, but it's a good enough ability to put him in the top tier of Eevees. It's still going to die to any number of threats that its limited move pool can't counter, but it's solid at dual screens, Calm Mind, and checks a number of Pokemon.

MikeMyers

It's not always used as a lead; In fact, Espeon is only 31st in OU for leads. Primarily for the reason you state, if only used as a lead, it can be easily dealt with. But as a Pokemon at the ready, it's pretty nice.

It's an amazing ability all around, countering what many Pokemon would like to do, and is a powerful tool with superior prediction. If it was really amazing, or broken, Espeon would be higher than the 30s in OU, but it's a good enough ability to put him in the top tier of Eevees. It's still going to die to any number of threats that its limited move pool can't counter, but it's solid at dual screens, Calm Mind, and checks a number of Pokemon.

Its funny how much an ability can change a Pokemon's status in the tier metagame.

If I went back 5 years ago and said Ninetails would be the only pure Fire type in OU, everybody would think I'm crazy.

Top Bottom