• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TMs - show 4 and 5 side-by-side.

To save you the trip, I see
  • Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Iron Tail, Shock Wave, Secret Power, Steel Wing, Snatch, Skill Swap, Roost, Brine, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Silver Wind, Recycle, Avalanche, Stealth Rock, Captivate, Dark Pulse, Sleep Talk and Natural Gift
lost TM status.

Certain moves came back as B2W2 move tutors, but that's outside the view of this thread right now.
Awesome, thanks for listing them out since it appears that Bulbapedia is down. Time to compile a list of Pokemon to breed in the 3rd/4th gen that take advantage of these moves.

Wait, both players see each other's team before every battle in Gen5? I have so much to catch up on. :lol

Oh, and this Global Battle Union thing. Is it actually worthwhile or is it full of hackers who want to boost their score/ego?

I'm sure there will still be sprites in further Pokemon games.
For menus and stuff.
Or something like this:

w9RqA.jpg

NUZLOCKE UPDATE NUZLOCKE UPDATE policesiren.gif

JUPITER DEAD. Prof., you'll be glad to hear I sweeped her with Beef the LUXIO. OHKO'd Zubat, and thanks to an Oran Berry, a Super Potion and some Charge/Spark action, I was able to put down Purugly with only 8HP left. *unf unf unf unf*

Made it to Eterna, catching a Budew in the forest, a Wurmple on Route 205 North, and a Bronzor at Route 211 West. Fang Time the Zubat died in the process of grinding at Route 211... ;_; R.I.P. you beautiful fucker. Now training Bronzor and Wurmple to make up for the loss of a flying type, as I go to fuck up Gardenia. BRACE YOURSELF, MU'FUCKA.

Current party:
Jim the Dustox, lvl 16
Steely Dan the Bronzor, lvl 16
Billie the Psyduck, lvl 17
Beef the Luxio, lvl 18
Furious D the Ponyta, lvl 19
Captain the Staravia, lvl 20

This is the best/worst news I could hear. :lol

I don't know why but I can't remember any of the Galactic Fights being all that tough. I think it was more of the party I had than anything else.

Cyrus needs to return.

Wiseblade

The Pokédex 3D models are the best the series has ever had, but I'd still prefer to have sprites over them in Gen VI.

I don't know why but I can't remember any of the Galactic Fights being all that tough. I think it was more of the party I had than anything else.

Cyrus needs to return.

DPPt are pretty easy in general since the game throws so many great Pokémon at you early on. Infernape/Staraptor/Luxray/Roserade is more than enough to get you to Cynthia.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd be fine with Gen 6 being 3d. ONLY if they have the quality of the pokedex 3d models though. Any worse than that and fuck no, low res 2d sprites would be better.

It would give them more animations as well, attack animations, being hit animations and so on. You can only do so much with sprites when you have to draw that many. 3d models are much easier to work with.

If we're talking about Pokemon going 3D, need I remind you that we kind of got that already (not counting the stadium games).

Pok%C3%A9mon_Colosseum_Coverart.png
250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_XD_cover_US.jpg

I don't know about you people but I kind of liked these games. They offered a nice change from the usual "start from little kid, eight gyms, evil team, pokemon league, hall of fame" formula. Also, how can you not love this protagonist design?

Wes.jpg

It's just too bad the sequel went back to the "young noob trainer" standard.

180px-Michael.png

Also: this freaking intro

LeleSocho

Banned
If we're talking about Pokemon going 3D, need I remind you that we kind of got that already (not counting the stadium games).

I don't know about you people but I kind of liked these games. They offered a nice change from the usual "start from little kid, eight gyms, evil team, pokemon league, hall of fame" formula. Also, how can you not love this protagonist design?

It's just too bad the sequel went back to the "young noob trainer" standard.

Also: this freaking intro

Yeah i loved Colosseum... better than Gen4 games.

Top Bottom