• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

Magikarp.gif

gyarados.jpg

Same fins, barbels, both have scales...they look similar.

Not gonna lie; before I clicked the link, I thought you were talking about the Beauty and the Beach episode where James had the breasts.

Haha, naw, "episode edited by 4kids due to bizarrely sexual content" isn't quite up to the calibre of "YO WE SENT ALL THESE KIDS TO HOSPITAL DAWG, CHECK IT"

Oh, the Goodbye Pikachu episode makes way more sense now.

Kokonoe

Banned
I always purchase the Magikarp that guy sells in Red/Blue/Yellow because I eventually evolve it into Gyarados. They should add more Pokemon you can "Purchase", it's kind of humorous.

I always purchase the Magikarp that guy sells in Red/Blue/Yellow because I eventually evolve it into Magikarp. They should add more Pokemon you can "Purchase", it's kind of humorous.

It's actually real smart to buy one since it's a little while before you get an Old Rod...though I never did it. I was always sore how much it cost to get a Dratini from the Game Corner...trying to catch one in the Safari Zone was a pain (Seriously screw that area. Darn it to hell)

But yea, they should let you buy more Pokemon.

LeleSocho

Banned
I've never used a repel ever before, but this tweak is gonna make me use them fo sho

I've never used a repel ever before

I've never used a repel

never used a repel

You must have the patience of a god...

You get to pick one feature to bring back in Gen VI, the option to use another repel or your lead Pokemon following you in the overworld. Which do you pick?

pokémon following of course...

What about Remoraid/Octillery? That may be the biggest one.
It makes more sense if you look at it as revolver --> cannon rather than fish --> octopus. So rather than an animal becoming a stronger/more powerful animal, it's a projectile weapon becoming a stronger/more powerful projectile weapon. That's the logic behind that evolution chain.

MikeMyers

I always purchase the Magikarp that guy sells in Red/Blue/Yellow because I eventually evolve it into Gyarados. They should add more Pokemon you can "Purchase", it's kind of humorous.

As do I.

I always have Magikarp first, then switch back to a Pokemon that can attack and beat the trainer with that. When he's Level 19 I use Rare Candy from Mt. Moon and BAM! Level 20 Gyarados to take on Misty's Starmie.

Gyarados pretty much sweeps R&B by himself if you get him that early, since beating Misty is where you get BubbleBeam, then later you get Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Surf. Watch out for Lt. Surges Raichu though.

I wasted around 30-40 minutes EV training a Shroomish before I bothered to check the availability of Focus Punch. I have no access to it without a second DS since apparently Breloom can't breed the move onto itself, and there are no Snubbulls in Black or White to chain-breed with.

DAMMIT.

backlot

I wasted around 30-40 minutes EV training a Shroomish before I bothered to check the availability of Focus Punch. I have no access to it without a second DS since apparently Breloom can't breed the move onto itself, and there are no Snubbulls in Black or White to chain-breed with.

DAMMIT.

You should just wait and breed a technician Breloom. He doesn't even need Focus Punch.

So, someone's seen the new movie, and says that Genesect was revealed in the trailer for the next one.

Does anyone seriously think we're not seeing Sixth Gen next year by this point?

Ondore

Is there a handy list anywhere of Gen 3/4 TMs that are no longer TMs in Gen 5?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TMs - show 4 and 5 side-by-side.

To save you the trip, I see
  • Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Iron Tail, Shock Wave, Secret Power, Steel Wing, Snatch, Skill Swap, Roost, Brine, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Silver Wind, Recycle, Avalanche, Stealth Rock, Captivate, Dark Pulse, Sleep Talk and Natural Gift
lost TM status.

Certain moves came back as B2W2 move tutors, but that's outside the view of this thread right now.

Kokonoe

Banned
It's actually real smart to buy one since it's a little while before you get an Old Rod...though I never did it. I was always sore how much it cost to get a Dratini from the Game Corner...trying to catch one in the Safari Zone was a pain (Seriously screw that area. Darn it to hell)

But yea, they should let you buy more Pokemon.

Sell me Feebas Gamefreak. Although, that'd be a little more difficult to evolve. Least it's not as difficult as it was in Ruby & Sapphire.

Wiseblade

I'd think they'd hold off the Genesect reveal until next year were that the case.

Eh, I dunno, but they're being really throwaway if they aren't planning to transition next year.

My bet is that the 2014 movie will feature either Jirachi or Lati@s and a Gen VI Pokémon in a similar fashion to the Lucario/Mew and Zoroark/Beasts movies.

I do think Genesect being revealed this early says that there'll be a Sixth Gen Pokemon in the next movie, whether it's the start of a new Gen, or a preview like Gen IV got so many of.

Coro Coro needs something to reveal next spring.

Li Kao

What team are you using exactly?

Oh and for trainer rematches...check here
You can rematch them for as long as they're available in that time frame. Just leave the route they're on, ring them up then go back over. Instant leveling fun!

Mmh let's see, my last team is...
Ampharos 37
Piloswine 38
Togetic 35
Meganium 39
Quagsire 38
Noctowl 31
With 2-3 other Pokemons in case of a specific need, like a fire sensitive ennemy.

I was thinking of leveling Togetic to 43+ and trying to capture with Lugia with him (false swip ? put him to sleep ? dusk ball ? I bet this will go all wrong...)
Knowing that I'm 38 and that the next ennemy is 45, I am worried about the huge leveling needed to have a chance here. I don't understand how my leveling can be so slow. I didn't experience that in Green Leaf and was begining to wonder if there wasn't something wrong with my pacing.

Thanks to all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Mmh let's see, my last team is...
Ampharos 37
Piloswine 38
Togetic 35
Meganium 39
Quagsire 38
Noctowl 31
With 2-3 other Pokemons in case of a specific need, like a fire sensitive ennemy.

I was thinking of leveling Togetic to 43+ and trying to capture with Lugia with him (false swip ? put him to sleep ? dusk ball ? I bet this will go all wrong...)
Knowing that I'm 38 and that the next ennemy is 45, I am worried about the huge leveling needed to have a chance here. I don't understand how my leveling can be so slow. I didn't experience that in Green Leaf and was begining to wonder if there wasn't something wrong with my pacing.

Thanks to all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

To evolve Piloswine to its next stage, take it to the move tutor in the lower-left house in Blackthorn City and make it re-learn Ancientpower. Upon levelling up again, it will evolve. To get Togetic to evolve into the godlike Togekiss, find a Shiny Stone and use it. These two will be of great help to you during your battles against the Elite Four.

NUZLOCKE UPDATE NUZLOCKE UPDATE policesiren.gif

JUPITER DEAD. Prof., you'll be glad to hear I sweeped her with Beef the LUXIO. OHKO'd Zubat, and thanks to an Oran Berry, a Super Potion and some Charge/Spark action, I was able to put down Purugly with only 8HP left. *unf unf unf unf*

Made it to Eterna, catching a Budew in the forest, a Wurmple on Route 205 North, and a Bronzor at Route 211 West. Fang Time the Zubat died in the process of grinding at Route 211... ;_; R.I.P. you beautiful fucker. Now training Bronzor and Wurmple to make up for the loss of a flying type, as I go to fuck up Gardenia. BRACE YOURSELF, MU'FUCKA.

Current party:
Jim the Dustox, lvl 16
Steely Dan the Bronzor, lvl 16
Billie the Psyduck, lvl 17
Beef the Luxio, lvl 18
Furious D the Ponyta, lvl 19
Captain the Staravia, lvl 20

Top Bottom