• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Those were ok, but I hated being forced to play Double Battles the entire time.

I liked that since there wasn't nearly enough Double battles in Ruby and Sapphire, the battle length on the other hand...

All this booing about Pokedex 3D made me gaze through the models, I came to the conclusion that I like these Gen 5 designs a lot.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I liked that since there wasn't nearly enough Double battles in Ruby and Sapphire, the battle length on the other hand...

All this booing about Pokedex 3D made me gaze through the models, I came to the conclusion that I like these Gen 5 designs a lot.

A lot of them honestly look better fleshed out in 3d than 2d cause of how busy some of the designs are now. Also turn on the sunset scenery just stare in awe at it. Day and night cicles with that lighting in battles? Yes please.

Takao

Banned
Medarot Character Popularity Poll:

SHOCKING RESULTS

1. Metabee
2. Rokusho
3. Arcbeetle
4. Ikki Tenyrou
5. Henry / Hikaru
6. Mega Emperor / God Emperor
7. Robo Emperor / Beast Master
8. Sumilidon / Smilodonad
8. Phantom Renegade / Kaitou Retort
10. Shinzan
10. Black Beetle

Takao

Banned
I'm surprised none of the Navi models made the list. From what I can tell that game is popular amongst the latter era Medarot titles in Japan.

DKDUg.jpg

H5zij.jpg

Then again, every character on the list appeared in the main series.

JUPITER DEAD. Thanks to ScraftyDevil for suggesting I get Magnitude on Hudson- blowed through her thanks to that. As a reward, I'll name my Togepi Devil when it hatches.

SHOCKING RESULTS

1. Metabee
2. Rokusho
3. Arcbeetle
4. Ikki Tenyrou
5. Henry / Hikaru
10. Shinzan
10. Black Beetle

Chet Rippo's Top Ten Favorite Queen's Blade Characters

1. Tomoe
2. Izumi
3. Cattleya
4. Annelotte
5. Alleyne
6. Irma
7. Airi
8. Aldra
9. Menace
10. Liliana

MikeMyers

SHOCKING RESULTS

1. Metabee
2. Rokusho
3. Arcbeetle
4. Ikki Tenyrou
5. Henry / Hikaru
10. Shinzan
10. Black Beetle

Digimon>Medabots.

JUPITER DEAD. Thanks to ScraftyDevil for suggesting I get Magnitude on Hudson- blowed through her thanks to that. As a reward, I'll name my Togepi Devil when it hatches.

Huzzah! I get to be a Trollgekiss! Just remember to name it ScraftyD or S.Devil so it has context!

(You can find a Shiny Stone on Route 210, BTW.)

It's just a shitty super-fanservicey anime. Real fucking boring. I exaggerate with the list comment, actually as far as "hey these girls look way too young" goes QB is actually one of the better animes :lol

illadelph

I read through the Fire Red Nuzlocke comic the other day without knowing anything about "the challenge" (didn't read the Ruby one beforehand). I figured the permadeath thing was just a creative decision to make the comic dramatic, and I laughed the whole way through. Now that I know what it actually is, I want to try it, probably with OG Blue because I know the game so well. Right now I'm in the middle of an OG Gold playthrough so I'll try it afterwards.

I skipped the third gen, but what were the reasons behind making the games non-compatible with the first two generations? Was it something technical or did they change the game mechanics too much to make older pokemon usable?

I read through the Fire Red Nuzlocke comic the other day without knowing anything about "the challenge" (didn't read the Ruby one beforehand). I figured the permadeath thing was just a creative decision to make the comic dramatic, and I laughed the whole way through. Now that I know what it actually is, I want to try it, probably with OG Blue because I know the game so well. Right now I'm in the middle of an OG Gold playthrough so I'll try it afterwards.

I skipped the third gen, but what were the reasons behind making the games non-compatible with the first two generations? Was it something technical or did they change the game mechanics too much to make older pokemon usable?

Technical I believe.

Also Nuzlockes are fun, make sure to nickname your pokemon!

Esura

Banned
Chet Rippo's Top Ten Favorite Queen's Blade Characters

1. Tomoe
2. Izumi
3. Cattleya
4. Annelotte
5. Alleyne
6. Irma
7. Airi
8. Aldra
9. Menace
10. Liliana

Esura's Top Five Favorite Queen's Blade Characters (cause I don't like doing top 10s)

1. Leina
2. Tomoe
3. Alleyne
4. Echidna
5. Elina

Considering you like Mio I can take a wager on why you like Tomoe the best.

It's just a shitty super-fanservicey anime. Real fucking boring. I exaggerate with the list comment, actually as far as "hey these girls look way too young" goes QB is actually one of the better animes :lol

I really love the series personally. I thought it was going to be just some fanservicey bull but I really liked the character development in the series that ends so badass it is just badass. I really need to watch Rebellion one of these days. But I digress.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You are a crazy person.
The models in Pokedex 3D are good.
KvUfr.jpg
P0J9C.jpg

They're not terrible in PokePark 2 either. Really, the PokePark games impressed me with how high the presentation value is, even if the games bore me after a while. I'd be all for moving to 3D models if the animation is going to improve along with it. No PBR style 'never touch' other Pokemon stuff. I want to see actual hits, damn it!

d9tjy.jpg
MPfCs.jpg

Esura

Banned
They're not terrible in PokePark 2 either. Really, the PokePark games impressed me with how high the presentation value is, even if the games bore me after a while. I'd be all for moving to 3D models if the animation is going to improve along with it. No PBR style 'never touch' other Pokemon stuff. I want to see actual hits, damn it!

d9tjy.jpg
MPfCs.jpg

The future.

What I would like for them to do for the next generation is to make the new region even bigger. Maybe do like 13 gyms instead of 8 and maybe add some voice acting. Chances of the latter happening is slim considering this is Nintendo we are talking about here.

The future.

What I would like for them to do for the next generation is to make the new region even bigger. Maybe do like 13 gyms instead of 8 and maybe add some voice acting. Chances of the latter happening is slim considering this is Nintendo we are talking about here.

Kid Icarus Uprising says otherwise.

Wiseblade

I'm not. Don't whine about Takao's Medabots talk and then try to bring up K-On. Don't you creeps already have a community thread? Go discuss that filth there.

Top Bottom