• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Gravijah

awwww so cuteeee

e45eZ.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
He was my favorite too until Leafeon appeared.

I remember wanting to use one in Blue but he barely learned any fire moves. That hurt.

I picked Leafeon because it was grass type, and grass type is my favorite type, but I think it's a little too plain. Although, Glaceon is kind of plain too. Good Pokemon, just not in my favorites for Eevees.

OMG Aero

This week's anime episode was a gym battle so I don't have much to say about it, except:
9Ateq.jpg

Skyla continues to have massive hands,

vSbK8.jpg

the evolution animation in Black and White continues to be awesome,

x2Nfj.jpg

and female Unfezant continues to be the most boring looking flying type. Also it was pretty lame how Ash kept hyping up Unfezant's new move and then it turned out to just be Aerial Ace.
I skipped the third gen, but what were the reasons behind making the games non-compatible with the first two generations? Was it something technical or did they change the game mechanics too much to make older pokemon usable?
They changed the way Pokemon data was handled so it was no longer compatible the way the old games did it.

I picked Leafeon because it was grass type, and grass type is my favorite type, but I think it's a little too plain. Although, Glaceon is kind of plain too. Good Pokemon, just not in my favorites for Eevees.

It seems like that's an issue with quite a few of the Eveevolutions, just a bit too plain. It seems like Game Freak could have been a bit more creative with them (Shoot, Flareon doesn't look all that different from Eevee). Why go to the trouble of having such a versatile Pokemon when the movelists aren't that hot and the evolutions don't deviate a whole lot from the first form. Then again, I really think I'm just whining.

It seems like that's an issue with quite a few of the Eveevolutions, just a bit too plain.
I love its design, but Leafeon's name bothers me greatly for this very reason. It's *so* obvious and unimaginative. It's not even a pun or portmanteau or other kind of play on words, just two words tacked together in a literal plain statement of what it is (Golem is another offender). Literally the first thing anyone can come up with, whereas when they think the names through a bit more they often come up with brilliant finds (e.g. Umbreon). In this case even something simple like Floreon or Foleon (from foliage) would have been miles better. The former is perhaps a bit too similar to Flareon, but they'd make a cute duo so I don't mind.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Eevolution in general have a really bad movepool, the only decent one is vaporeon.

Vapoeron has an equally shitty movepool, but it's good at what that movepool does. Espeon and Jolteon likewise, although you could say Espeon has the widest movepool thanks to its Psychic typing. Whereas Leafeon, Umbreon and Flareon are just laughable and Glaceon is let down more by its speed and type than movepool.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
both jolteon and espeon need an hidden power to be good, it's not necessary on vappy :\

Doesn't mean their movepools are any more (or in most cases less) shitty though. And in Espeon's case, it can actually run four legitimate sets in OU where Vaporeon can run two at most (Hydration abuse in Rain, and Wish support). Espeon uses HP Fighting to gain almost perfect coverage, where Vappy runs mono sets a lot, or Ice Beam for a secondary attack leaving it with 'poor coverage'.

If Espeon is let down by anything, it's by Psychic typing and where Vaporeon benefits from being one of the best mono-types (and loves that Rain). But not really arguing about viability more as move pool. :p

fisheyes

So I decided to play Pokemon White for the first time in months today, and, after playing through a dozen or so Pokemon games for however many hours, I finally encountered and caught my first ever (non Red Gyarados) shiny.

562.gif

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

I love this guy. Receiving Pain Split (and Sleep Talk finally) should make him more viable.
The way he walked in the anime (on his hands while lying on his back) was so delightfully horrific and creepy. Like something straight out of The Ring or The Exorcist. It reminded me of this:

J4GNl.jpg

x2Nfj.jpg

and female Unfezant continues to be the most boring looking flying type. Also it was pretty lame how Ash kept hyping up Unfezant's new move and then it turned out to just be Aerial Ace.

That's nothing compared to how I felt when I saw that
Charizard V.S. Articuno episode when I thought that his Charizard was going to use Blast Burn.

OMG Aero

Hey Wiseblade, here's a fun fact of the day about your favourite Pokemon courtesy of our ever informative friends over at Bulbapedia:
http://thanksbulbapedia.tumblr.com/post/26099796802 said:
Empoleon is roughly the same height as its namesake Napoleon Bonaparte.

Gregorn

Does anyone want to hook me up with an Aipom? I'm actually close to finishing the Pokedex and would much appreciate a little bit of help, I don't want to spend hours head butting trees.

In Black/White this is.

Boney

Banned
I should make posting pokegals a daily rutine so this place can have a little breather.

Problem is, I don't wanna google that

OMG Aero

So we're not allowed to post shots from the anime?
You could make the case that since there is a BW2 spoiler moratorium in effect that would also cover the BW2 arc of the anime which I would totally be for, but that is down to dear leader Andrex.

Aside from that you can post shots from the anime as long as you don't get creepy about them.

Izayoi

Banned
I should make posting pokegals a daily rutine so this place can have a little breather.

Problem is, I don't wanna google that
No need to google anything with me here!

1270370956980unzyx.jpg

Long hair master race. Should we dedicate every day to a different girl? How do we want to do this?

Boney

Banned
No need to google anything with me here!

http://www.abload.de/img/1270370956980unzyx.jpg[img]

Long hair master race. Should we dedicate every day to a different girl? How do we want to do this?[/QUOTE]

Ok I'll leave this to your discretion whoever you are

You could make the case that since there is a BW2 spoiler moratorium in effect that would also cover the BW2 arc of the anime which I would totally be for, but that is down to dear leader Andrex.

Aside from that you can post shots from the anime as long as you don't get creepy about them.

If we can't post BW2 spoilers here, same should go for the anime, just to be fair to those who care about it.

Boney

Banned
Mr. Saturn would make a good pokemon

You are a good person... also for me it will be always Horo

anyway... TODAY I MADE MY FUCKING LAST EXAM IN SCHOOL I FUCKING READY FOR A FULL IMMERSION OF B/W.........

FUCK YESSSSS!

sigh i have one tomorrow and friday and still haven't started with the studying

Top Bottom