• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Tank

Neo Member
Starting up Pearl after a VERY long hiatus from pokemon.

Anybody got any tips on how to get the most out of the game?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I won't disagree with anyone who says good things about the first ten final fantasy games.

Sure you might not like 2, but I find that a lot of people who don't like 2 never actually played it.

Wiseblade

ibfGjy7WabQEcx.gif

Well, if you want to know something interesting, there was a set that actually changed the typing of the Pokemon which is rather neat. It gave you the opportunity to use Pokemon in different elemental decks that you could not use before, like these.

They are called Delta Species.

Those cards are at least 4x the size of a normal card, and thus cannot be played as stated on the card. They're fanservice.

Haha, that's pretty cool. I would love to have that Ludicolo card, just for kicks.

If you like the shittiest Final Fantasy game, I guess. I'll take FFX's fake laughter for ten hours over FF4 anyday of the week.

I...well you're entitled to your opinion but I just think you're wrong. *is obviously mincing words*

And you obviously haven't played FF2...that's a terror.

Wiseblade

Haha, that's pretty cool. I would love to have that Ludicolo card, just for kicks.

I...well you're entitled to your opinion but I just think you're wrong. *is obviously mincing words*

And you obviously haven't played FF2...that's a terror.

I liked FFII a lot more than XIII.

FFII just has all that weirdness with getting beaten up a lot to level up better or whatever, I hear no-one ever bring it up beyond that. It looked pretty good as part of Dawn of Souls.

OK, man, just saying, you're in Group A (FFIV sucked).

Group B (IV is quintessential FF), meanwhile, includes the whole internet, just saying

Just sayin'

Wiseblade

FFII just has all that weirdness with getting beaten up a lot to level up better or whatever, I hear no-one ever bring it up beyond that. It looked pretty good as part of Dawn of Souls.

It's defintely not perfect, and the beginning can be rough, but after that things largely smooth out. My biggest problem would be how much of a hassle grinding spells can be at the higher levels.

We need to stop talking about FF

Not because this is the Pokemon thread, but because talking about FF on the internet is like standing in a hailstorm

Boney

Banned
PSP, it won the war of cheapness.
I think that's pretty much the gba version with a new skin. It'll be your run of the mill rpg with sweet star wars imagery. Not much in terms of costumization but the best end game dungeons and shit.

Just stay away from the after years, that one's just gross.

Firestorm

I started playing the card game using my friend's cards this season and am thinking of getting my own cards for next season. Ita pretty fun and there are numerous events throughout the year all over the place.

The dual-cards are pretty cool and have amazing art. Someone played a Lugia Legend deck against me at the Battle Roads I went to. Didn't get it off but it was cool!

In November a set with Charizard will be released and I can't and wait to try it out even though Blastoise is coming out in the same set and will be used a LOT due to how good it is making Charizard a lot more dangerous :(

TCG has no banlist aside from what sets can be used. The 2012 - 2013 season only allows Black/White and later. It's gonna be a good time to get into the game because two of the best cards (Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX) are being released in tins dropping their value to 1/6 or so of what they used to be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For all the shit Flareon gets (Seriously still no Flare Blitz or any Fire Physical better than Fire Fang???) it still has 130 Physical, 95 Special, and a useful offensive STAB. It can OHKO plenty of things that are slower than it. It is also surprisingly special defensive.

I once ran one with Fire Gem, Over Heat and Last Resort in a trick room and killed four of my opponents.

MikeMyers

For all the shit Flareon gets (Seriously still no Flare Blitz or any Fire Physical better than Fire Fang???) it still has 130 Physical, 95 Special, and a useful offensive STAB. It can OHKO plenty of things that are slower than it. It is also surprisingly special defensive.

I once ran one with Fire Gem, Over Heat and Last Resort in a trick room and killed four of my opponents.

I think I saw a Fire Gem Flareon with Flame Charge, Hidden Power Grass, Protect, and Wish once.

It has to be tough for them to be fair to every Pokemon. With the number of Pokemon increasing each generation, seem so many fall by the wayside...

Top Bottom