• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

that's not slightly darker, though. it's quite a bit darker.

it looks more like the GSC coloring though, which is awesome. i actually spent dozens of hours trying to hatch a shiny Pichu because of Raichu, but never did have any luck.
Just admit you have shit tastes and get over it.

Drago

I remember in the first hour of my new game in Emerald I got both Pokerus and my shiny Tailow.

I will never have that much luck ever again, I bet. :p

Firestorm

By Black/White do you mean those sets or those pokemon? Am I interpreting it wrong or would you need to continually need to buy cards to be able to play.
Those sets. You will always need to get new cards to keep up with the metagame, but yes you'll need to change your deck every year if you use cards that are out of rotation.

It's better than the shinnies like Pikachu that are like a slightly different color than the norm.
Those are the best shinies. Most shinies are disgusting looking. I wish more shinies were subtle.

Aw shit, we got a new internet service and it's WPA and I can't figure out how to change it to WEP. Now I will never get rid of my level 9 and under Zekroms :(

Yes, successfully manipulated a Swellow :D

277.gif

Journey went something like this:
1. Go tripping about getting the latest RNGReporter
2. Try to synchronize DSi to laptop's clock, unsuccessful. Resort to using EonTimer, which made the process dead easy.
3. Verify my IV target was hit with a few captures. Once I got it, moved to next target: hitting a particular nature and encounter.
5. Tried to hit a particular frame with turns in the grass with Repel on. No dice.
6a. Learn of wandering NPCs (this is Route 13), and consider just breeding a Taillow instead.
6b. Learn of more reliable Chatot method. Realize I never caught a Chatot before (I wonder why)
7. Go back in Platinum, capture 2, transfer them to BW, and record voices for both of them ("I'm a Chatot!" "I'm not a Chatot!")
8. Try on and off for a few hours to try and figure out which frame I'm hitting, getting "random" results, try and move to another, more secluded spot.
9. Try again, hit the right starting frame, and start listening to cries for the next few minutes.
10a. Failed once due to getting the encounter slot wrong (I don't need a Tangela...)
10b. Failed again due to not realizing that I should not count up until I hear the cry of my target frame, but one before that (begin at 44, target is 136, count up 92 times, starting at 44 and ending on 135).
10c. Tried once more, and SUCCESS

Nice and simple :p Aside from that, it feels a bit better that because of the RNG changes, I don't have to do something like "catching" it in 2025 or something.

Firestorm

I disagree. If you're going to make them rare, make them outrageous. I hate shiny Pokémon that are just different shades of the original's color.
I guess that's the other thing. With RNG, they aren't rare in the communities I frequent and are often more common than the original. So when I need a Pokemon it comes down to colour preference and in most cases the alternate colour is just so ugly =/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First step is finding out the hidden half of your trainer id

Next step is learning to accurately count into the deep hundreds and to gain ultimate patience.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was originally of the same opinion as Ike, but I think I side with Firestorm on the shiny issue now.

MUNE0.gif
Xo2rX.gif

I originally wished Togekiss' shiny sprite was more different, but now I feel it's "warmer."

I don't like Raichu's shiny sprite though, it should be a lighter shade of orange, not slightly darker.

I guess that's the other thing. With RNG, they aren't rare in the communities I frequent and are often more common than the original. So when I need a Pokemon it comes down to colour preference and in most cases the alternate colour is just so ugly =/

Then you only have yourself to blame.

Firestorm

Then you only have yourself to blame.
Also I am a snob and hate ugly things so there's that too. Don't care that it's rare if it's ugly. You send something out into battle and it sparkles to show it's a shiny and it's slightly different. I like my elegant shinies. Not these monstrosities:

scizor.png

MikeMyers

There's actually an episode in the anime where a boy finds a Shiny Magikarp, and Magikarp-Salesman appears and trades him Charmeleon for it.

MarkusRJR

Oh god what I have I done?! I forgot to spam the b button during a level up and my adorable Oshawott evolved into a hideous monster. I accidentally saved the game too after leaving my 3DS in sleep mode with the game on. I'm seriously bummed out. Is there no way to get a new Oshawott that belongs to me (I like having my main team all adorable and not traded)?

Oh, and I checked out the shiny Raichu after all of the talk in this thread. It looks like Snooki if she were a Pokemon...

Oh god what I have I done?! I forgot to spam the b button during a level up and my adorable Oshawott evolved into a hideous monster. I accidentally saved the game too after leaving my 3DS in sleep mode with the game on. I'm seriously bummed out. Is there no way to get a new Oshawott that belongs to me (I like having my main team all adorable and not traded)?

Oh, and I checked out the shiny Raichu after all of the talk in this thread. It looks like Snooki if she were a Pokemon...

You are terrible and wrong

Dewott > Oshawott = Samurott

this.

Wiseblade

The King of PokéGAF;39895830 said:
You know what's really cute?

POWER

If anything you should be overjoyed. Your Pokémon just became cuter!

MarkusRJR

My love for Oshawott comes from the anime. The expressions it makes are so adorable. :3

But yeah, is there a way to get a new Oshawott?

EDIT: Wiseblade, you soooooo cray.

With what though? Aren't I unable to get the non-Unova until I complete the Unova Pokedex?

EDIT: Shut your whore mouth Wiseblade. You power hungry monster. :'(

I think you can trade people for a ditto before you beat the game, but I don't remember.
And just ignore Wiseblade.

Top Bottom