• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Boney

Banned
Prove me wrong.

Real%20Garnet--article_image.jpg

also, bonus art

1266685023256_f.jpg

TCG has no banlist aside from what sets can be used. The 2012 - 2013 season only allows Black/White and later. It's gonna be a good time to get into the game because two of the best cards (Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX) are being released in tins dropping their value to 1/6 or so of what they used to be.

By Black/White do you mean those sets or those pokemon? Am I interpreting it wrong or would you need to continually need to buy cards to be able to play.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's enough.

Continue discussing the TCG, but drop the Final Fantasy talk and the suggestive fanart.

MikeMyers

I like the Piplup line a lot. Water/Steel is an awesome type, I just wish you didn't have to breed to get Agility. Would be more convenient if it got it via levelup.

Drago

I got the Piplup alone and I requested for an avatar with a transparent bg with some water

If anything comes out of that I'll give it to you

Piplup is pretty cool though that steel typing really hurt Napoleon against Cynthia. Next time I use him, he stays as a Piplup.

My Darmaritaran didn't have Zen Mode! Should I get another one or not?

Though I think I'd feel guilty for dumping her.

When it comes to Sinnoh starters, I still like Turtwig the most. xD

Speaking of Turtwig, I just ever-so-slightly tweaked my current avatar to have a background.

I must be one of these people that prefers Piplup to Empoleon by a large degree, huh? Empoleon just looked plain weird.

Zen Mode = things get defensive when low on HP, right? If so, are you sure you want to trade off offense for defense? (Truth to be told, though, you'd also regain secondary effects on attack moves...)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, Zen Mode turns the Fire physical powerhouse Darmanitan into a Fire/Psychic with insane special attack, great defenses and no speed.

MikeMyers

The irony of my Flareon joke on the last page is that I just checked my Leaf Green file, and it turns out Flareon is actually my strongest Pokemon on there. Here's my moveset.

~ Dig: Bought at the Celadon mart, actually pretty good because the AI never switches anyway.
~ Shadow Ball: Took a ton of money at Celadon to get, but it is a Physical move in Gen III. Took out Agatha's Ghosts quite nicely.
~ Hyper Beam: Bought at the Celadon mart. This actually works ingame because the game gives you the chance to switch out so you don't have to recharge.
~ Overheat: For obvious reasons.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=40101225

Is that good? I'd link but I'm on a phone

I'll check it out when I wake up in the morning, thanks!

I started playing the card game using my friend's cards this season and am thinking of getting my own cards for next season. Ita pretty fun and there are numerous events throughout the year all over the place.

The dual-cards are pretty cool and have amazing art. Someone played a Lugia Legend deck against me at the Battle Roads I went to. Didn't get it off but it was cool!

In November a set with Charizard will be released and I can't and wait to try it out even though Blastoise is coming out in the same set and will be used a LOT due to how good it is making Charizard a lot more dangerous :(

TCG has no banlist aside from what sets can be used. The 2012 - 2013 season only allows Black/White and later. It's gonna be a good time to get into the game because two of the best cards (Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX) are being released in tins dropping their value to 1/6 or so of what they used to be.

I wish this were real.

8xqoi.jpg

Frost_Ace

I'm the luckiest guy ever, while EV training aggron I encountered a shiny basculin, my first "legit" shiny of gen V.

Thank you based RNG.

That's pretty slick for being fanmade!

I didn't like its design at first but it's kinda grown on me. I doubt I'd use it in my party though, makes the game pretty boring when I depend on a legendary in the group.

Kokonoe

Banned
The style of that Pokemon reminds me of something, I just can't put my pixels on what. I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it either.

There needs to be a 2x Jigglypuff card.

Drago

The only shinies I've ever encountered were a Zubat in HG and a Tailow in Emerald.

I plan on using that Tailow in BW2 maybe, instead of another Braviary.

I looove shiny Swellow too. One of my favorites.
Spr_5b_277_s.png

Kokonoe

Banned
green & pink are two of my favorite colors. which is why i love shinies so much.

My favorite color is green, but they use very odd shades of it and pink on Pokemon that could have benefitted from a much better alternative. I'd say most of the ones that are green/pink are done in a lazy way.

You see a Pokemon like above that has a nice specific dark shading, most are real light, neon colors.

It's better than the shinnies like Pikachu that are like a slightly different color than the norm.

I don't like those either as I've stated before, but I agree.

My favorite color is green, but they use very odd shades of it and pink on Pokemon that could have benefitted from a much better alternative. I'd say most of the ones that are green/pink are done in a lazy way.
I dunno, I'm a fan of pink Kingdra.
It's better than the shinnies like Pikachu that are like a slightly different color than the norm.
And Scyther, whose shiny evolved form is like some disgusting puke color.

Top Bottom