• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No one picks Lucas in DPPT.

That's almost as bad as picking Brendan in RSE.

Dia is awesome, so Lucas is awesome. Simple as that.

dMotC.png

0zcVVl.png

Left to right:

GKCma.jpg

JwB4l.jpg

In fact he may be my favorite Pokemon Special character. He's hilarious.

I think it's just his one move that's banned.

And you take that back Beef! Both are super underrated...Game Freak has just delegated them to the Flareon tier! They'll get some love soon...right?

MarkusRJR

I think it's just his one move that's banned.

And you take that back Beef! Both are super underrated...Game Freak has just delegated them to the Flareon tier! They'll get some love soon...right?
I love Chatot. My first avatar was of Chatot. I absolutely loved his design when DPPt came out. To bad he sucks stats-wise, but I don't give a shit about stats as some of you are quite aware of by now. :p

And what's wrong with Flareon? I loved him back in Pokemon RBY. He's still my fave eevee-lution.

I love Chatot. My first avatar was of Chatot. I absolutely loved his design when DPPt came out. To bad he sucks stats-wise, but I don't give a shit about stats as some of you are quite aware of by now. :p

And what's wrong with Flareon? I loved him back in Pokemon RBY. He's still my fave eevee-lution.

I like him quite a bit too but while he has great attack, he doesn't get much in the way of physical fire based moves. His special attack still seems decent enough for him to get mileage out of the other fire moves...imho.

Front page of Imgur:

(Possibly racist.)

Is that Jessie or C. Viper? And is it wrong I laughed and then shook my head in sadness?

Munchlax is too hood. That's why the G isn't as dope as Snorlax yo.

Firestorm

My Pokemon won't work in doubles though. :(
What Pokemon? Or do you mean the specific sets?

I know a lot of people who play GBU (Doubles though) and find matches quite easily. Although at certain hours the pool can be small. Especially if you look for a battle as soon as you finish one. I once played the same Japanese player three times in a row like that lol. It was nice though. Got a best of 3 without trying. He destroyed me Game 1 but I learned from my mistake and beat him in Game 2 and 3. Learned from my mistake and also knew by Game 2 that his Hitmontop outsped mine...

backlot

What Pokemon? Or do you mean the specific sets?

I know a lot of people who play GBU (Doubles though) and find matches quite easily. Although at certain hours the pool can be small. Especially if you look for a battle as soon as you finish one. I once played the same Japanese player three times in a row like that lol. It was nice though. Got a best of 3 without trying. He destroyed me Game 1 but I learned from my mistake and beat him in Game 2 and 3. Learned from my mistake and also knew by Game 2 that his Hitmontop outsped mine...
I meant the Pokemon I trained for singles. Their move sets wouldn't have worked very well in doubles. I was actually able to find a steady stream of singles players after 11 pm though.

Frost_Ace

If you run scolipede in a rain team aqua tail is nice for pseudo stab.

Also just figured out where Chet's nickname comes from :p(playing ttyd).

Zeroth

Phew, just completed the Multi Battle Subway using my story pokemon. I was in desperate need of the Speed EV enhancing thingy for my in-training Lucario (and all the future things I will breed that require lots of speed), so I decided to test my luck with the battles.

Thankfully Zoroark and Jellicent combined very well with Hilda's team, so we managed to get to the Subway Bosses. I was pretty scared that they would beat us, but the battle was relatively easy, and in the end I managed to outlive their Klingkang with my Jellicent (his Volt Switch wasn't as dangerous as I feared) :p

Now now, the worried mother is only trying to protect her child.

But seriously though, now we've gone from debates on Pokemon causing kids to go violent to debates on Pokemon causing kids to worship the devil???

Who would have thought that a world of imagination created by an inventive Japanese mind would have caused so much debate, confusion, and worry?

MikeMyers

>Implying I ever really pay attention to the plot

RBY Plot:
You get Pokemon
Douche gets Pokemon
Criminal Organization kills Marowak, you beat that organization
You beat all the well known gym leaders/elite 4, and then Douche.

GSC Plot:
You get Pokemon
Douche steals Pokemon
Criminal Organization is back, and even lamer this time around.
HOLY SHIT GYARADOS IS SHINY
Beat all Gyms, Elite 4, and the guy from the original game

See? Its easy to work out

Top Bottom