• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
You should all read this article! http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/worlds-2012-players-to-watch/
I found the TCG version on thetopcut interesting without knowing the players so ohpefully this is too!

Also I didn't post it, but I wrote an Intro to Competitive Pokemon article I hope people find helpful :)
Nice article, I'll be participating in next years regional, hopefully I'll make it somewhere.
I like that playmat on that other link.

Interesting. I like stuff like this.

MarkusRJR

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon White all day today as it's the one day I don't have work. My team is currently as follows:

Dewott
Scraggy
Dwebble
Victini

Don't judge. I value adorableness over all. I'm going to trade for a ditto and then make an Oshawott to replace Dewott. I need help deciding on a Pokemon that can learn fly though. I'm currently looking at either:

Rufflett
Woobat

I would have went right for Emolga but apparently it can't learn fly (what the fuck). Also for the last Pokemon in my party, I'm trying to decide one that'd be a different type than the rest of my team. Here's what I'm currently looking at:

Cubchoo
Axew
Trubbish
Lillipup
Minccino
Drilbur

If someone can help me decide on a flying Pokemon along with telling me the 2 best Pokemon from the list just above (so I can decide between the two), that'd be awesome. Thanks for anyone who can help. :D

Aggrotek

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon White all day today as it's the one day I don't have work. My team is currently as follows:

Dewott
Scraggy
Dwebble
Victini

Don't judge. I value adorableness over all. I'm going to trade for a ditto and then make an Oshawott to replace Dewott. I need help deciding on a Pokemon that can learn fly though. I'm currently looking at either:

Rufflett
Woobat

I would have went right for Emolga but apparently it can't learn fly (what the fuck). Also for the last Pokemon in my party, I'm trying to decide one that'd be a different type than the rest of my team. Here's what I'm currently looking at:

Cubchoo
Axew
Trubbish
Lillipup
Minccino
Drilbur

If someone can help me decide on a flying Pokemon along with telling me the 2 best Pokemon from the list just above (so I can decide between the two), that'd be awesome. Thanks for anyone who can help. :D

Rufflet and Cubchoo. :)

Zeroth

Ugh, catching Elgyems to get full Synchro natures is boring, but I want to finish this soon so I can work on my Modest Hydreigon :(

MarkusRJR

I'm actually thinking of removing my Victini from my party too since it's not part of the Little Cup tier. Hmmmm....

Also, where can I get 6 eviolites for my team?

Frost_Ace

Is there any way to get it in B2/W2? I'd totally get it, trade the Pokemon to B/W and then restart. I'd keep doing that until I get 6. I would do that with my copies of B/W but I'm too far into both games to do it.

There should be another in bw2 dunno how far into the game though.

Also your crazy xD

Dewott
Scraggy
Dwebble
Victini

You have chosen... wisely.

Rufflett
Woobat

Cubchoo
Axew
Trubbish
Lillipup
Minccino
Drilbur

Rufflet's probably better than Woobat, and I'd take Axew and Drilbur from that list, personally.

Wichu

...What am I looking at? I haven't touched the online trading system in any of the DS Pokemon games so this is a bit confusing.

It's an unofficial GTS server, kinda like a private server for an MMO. Basically, you change your DS's DNS settings so it goes through that website, which intercepts your DS's requests to the actual GTS and sends you its own replies. It should say what to do on the website.

Put simply, it's a website someone's made that lets people upload and download Pokémon publicly, without any of that one-for-one trading nonsense - Pokécommunism, if you will.

Although it's not officially sanctioned, the Pokémon you get from it are the exact same ones that were uploaded - the only differences are that a. you know every single detail about the Pokémon, b. you don't need to trade anything for them, and c. it doesn't delete it server-side (you're basically just getting a copy of it).

I guess you could call it cheating, but most reasonable people really don't care. I haven't used it myself, but I'm fine with others doing it.

It's an unofficial GTS server, kinda like a private server for an MMO. Basically, you change your DS's DNS settings so it goes through that website, which intercepts your DS's requests to the actual GTS and sends you its own replies. It should say what to do on the website.

Put simply, it's a website someone's made that lets people upload and download Pokémon publicly, without any of that one-for-one trading nonsense - Pokécommunism, if you will.

Although it's not officially sanctioned, the Pokémon you get from it are the exact same ones that were uploaded - the only differences are that a. you know every single detail about the Pokémon, b. you don't need to trade anything for them, and c. it doesn't delete it server-side (you're basically just getting a copy of it).

I guess you could call it cheating, but most reasonable people really don't care. I haven't used it myself, but I'm fine with others doing it.

Whoa, that sounds pretty interesting...wish I knew about this earlier.

MarkusRJR

How do I do it? I'm willing to try it as it'll save me a load of hours trying to get eviolite stones.

How do I do it? I'm willing to try it as it'll save me a load of hours trying to get eviolite stones.
Yeah, Wichu is being way more useful than I am right now. Read the home page and try to figure it out. Ask questions as you need to.

Basically, you go to the WiFi connection settings page on your DS and change your DNS server from auto to 088.191.118.153. Register for an account on the website, choose a Pokemon and go to its page, and click "Queue for download on the GTS." Go to a Pokemon Center and connect to the GTS; once you connect it will give you the Pokemon.

Every time I download a pokemon with a master ball, it disappears.

From their FAQ, only the following items work:

Cheri Berry, Chesto Berry, Pecha Berry, Rawst Berry, Aspear Berry, Oran Berry, Persim Berry, Lum Berry, Sitrus Berry, Figy Berry, Wiki Berry, Mago Berry, Aguav Berry, Iapapa Berry, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Pomeg Berry, Kelpsy Berry, Qualot Berry, Hondew Berry, Grepa Berry, Tamato Berry, Occa Berry, Passho Berry, Wacan Berry, Rindo Berry, Yache Berry, Chople Berry, Kebia Berry, Shuca Berry, Coba Berry, Payapa Berry, Tanga Berry, Charti Berry, Kasib Berry, Haban Berry, Colbur Berry, Babiri Berry, Chilan Berry, Liechi Berry, Salac Berry, Petaya Berry, BrightPowder, White Herb, Quick Claw, Soothe Bell, Mental Herb, Choice Band, Amulet Coin, Cleanse Tag, Smoke Ball, Everstone, Focus Band, Scope Lens, Leftovers, Light Ball, Miracle Seed, BlackGlasses, Black Belt, Magnet, Mystic Water, Sharp Beak, Poison Barb, NeverMeltIce, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon, Charcoal, Dragon Fang, Silk Scarf, Shell Bell, Thick Club, Stick, Wide Lens, Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Light Clay, Life Orb, Power Herb, Toxic Orb, Flame Orb, Focus Sash, Zoom Lens, Metronome, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, Destiny Knot, Black Sludge, Icy Rock, Smooth Rock, Heat Rock, Damp Rock, Grip Claw, Choice Scarf, Sticky Barb, Power Bracer, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, Power Anklet, Power Weight, Shed Shell, Big Root, Choice Specs, Eviolite, Float Stone, Rocky Helmet, Air Balloon, Red Card, Ring Target, Binding Band, Absorb Bulb, Cell Battery, Eject Button, Fire Gem, Water Gem, Electric Gem, Grass Gem, Ice Gem, Fighting Gem, Poison Gem, Ground Gem, Flying Gem, Psychic Gem, Bug Gem, Rock Gem, Ghost Gem, Dragon Gem, Dark Gem, Steel Gem, Normal Gem

Aggrotek

From their FAQ, only the following items work:

Cheri Berry, Chesto Berry, Pecha Berry, Rawst Berry, Aspear Berry, Oran Berry, Persim Berry, Lum Berry, Sitrus Berry, Figy Berry, Wiki Berry, Mago Berry, Aguav Berry, Iapapa Berry, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Pomeg Berry, Kelpsy Berry, Qualot Berry, Hondew Berry, Grepa Berry, Tamato Berry, Occa Berry, Passho Berry, Wacan Berry, Rindo Berry, Yache Berry, Chople Berry, Kebia Berry, Shuca Berry, Coba Berry, Payapa Berry, Tanga Berry, Charti Berry, Kasib Berry, Haban Berry, Colbur Berry, Babiri Berry, Chilan Berry, Liechi Berry, Salac Berry, Petaya Berry, BrightPowder, White Herb, Quick Claw, Soothe Bell, Mental Herb, Choice Band, Amulet Coin, Cleanse Tag, Smoke Ball, Everstone, Focus Band, Scope Lens, Leftovers, Light Ball, Miracle Seed, BlackGlasses, Black Belt, Magnet, Mystic Water, Sharp Beak, Poison Barb, NeverMeltIce, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon, Charcoal, Dragon Fang, Silk Scarf, Shell Bell, Thick Club, Stick, Wide Lens, Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Light Clay, Life Orb, Power Herb, Toxic Orb, Flame Orb, Focus Sash, Zoom Lens, Metronome, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, Destiny Knot, Black Sludge, Icy Rock, Smooth Rock, Heat Rock, Damp Rock, Grip Claw, Choice Scarf, Sticky Barb, Power Bracer, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, Power Anklet, Power Weight, Shed Shell, Big Root, Choice Specs, Eviolite, Float Stone, Rocky Helmet, Air Balloon, Red Card, Ring Target, Binding Band, Absorb Bulb, Cell Battery, Eject Button, Fire Gem, Water Gem, Electric Gem, Grass Gem, Ice Gem, Fighting Gem, Poison Gem, Ground Gem, Flying Gem, Psychic Gem, Bug Gem, Rock Gem, Ghost Gem, Dragon Gem, Dark Gem, Steel Gem, Normal Gem

Wonder why only those work...

Firestorm

Just keep in mind that the Pokemon will be holding a hacked ribbon to indicate you got it from Pokecheck.

OMG Aero

In genV pokemon can't hold balls/potions anymore.
I always thought it was bullshit that the explanation for Pokemon not being able to use held potions is because they were man-made and they couldn't work out how to use it like they can with berries, but they can work out how to use a Scope Lens and all the other clearly not natural held items.

I always thought it was bullshit that the explanation for Pokemon not being able to use held potions is because they were man-made and they couldn't work out how to use it like they can with berries, but they can work out how to use a Scope Lens and all the other clearly not natural held items.

I always figured that the only reason they can use a Scope/Wide Lens or similar items is because you basically staple it to their heads so that it just uses itself when the time is right.

Kind of like some kind of Poké-Scouter.

I always figured that the only reason they can use a Scope/Wide Lens or similar items is because you basically staple it to their heads so that it just uses itself when the time is right.

9UmfL.png

I could see it.

Oh my Arceus you're the best.
:3

OMG Aero

Well then I should be able to attach a Full Restore to my Pokemon through a drip.
AfMNR.gif

Top Bottom