• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Emitan

05a2c84ed52911e1a98b22000a1e879e_7.jpg

Thin American-style DS box, or horrible fat European-style DS box?

I NEED TO KNOW.

I've never played a Euro DS game. It seems to be the same size as American boxes?

Wiseblade

I can't find any pictures which adequately express the horror of European DS boxes.

They're about as thick as the old GBA cardboard boxes were.

What? I'm sitting here looking at my EU Plat case and my US Diamond case and I despise the latter. Thinner, harder to open and generally cheaper feeling.

What? I'm sitting here looking at my EU Plat case and my US Diamond case and I despise the latter. Thinner, harder to open and generally cheaper feeling.
You are literally the only person I've ever spoken to who prefers the lumpen monstrosities that are the European boxes.

They take up loads of space, have boring spines and are as ugly as hell.

LeleSocho

Banned
EU boxes>JAP/US boxes
they are like 10 times more solid also clear case>>>>>>>>(...)>>>>>>>>>black case
i have 2 japanese games and a US one all their case are broken...

I wish they would have gone with plastic cases like this for GBA games. Darn boxes won't hold up as well over time.

You could just get a bunch of DS cases, since they have a slot for GBA games. Could even print out a bunch of custom covers for them from vgboxart.com or something.

So what's everyone going to be playing B2/W2 on when they come out in English? DS Phat, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or 3DS XL?
DSi, by far the best screen for DS games.

OMG Aero

You are literally the only person I've ever spoken to who prefers the lumpen monstrosities that are the European boxes.

They take up loads of space, have boring spines and are as ugly as hell.
I prefer the clear-white colouring of the European boxes, don't care about the spines and the few American import boxes I have are ridiculously harder to open than they should be so I prefer the European boxes. Literally the only thing I would change about them is I would make them thinner so more would fit on my shelf and so they match the 3DS boxes, but it isn't enough of a sticking point for me to prefer the American boxes.

Top Bottom