• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kept missing my target frame for two days straight so I took a day off from Pokemon and got my desired spread on the first try tonight. 31/10/31/30/31/30 Timid Magnemite - feels good man.

Now to prep my 3.5 hour reset for Latios. x_x

mandiller

I've finally bred myself a shiny Charmander. Ten boxes full of Charmanders later and this one pops up.

It's only the second shiny I have after Spiritomb. It's nature is modest.

Any ideas on the best way to EV train a modest Charmander? What's a good moveset? It knows Outrage from an egg move.

p504D.jpg

rDyAF.jpg

kKvaA.jpg

MikeMyers

Outrage isn't good on Modest Charizard because Modest lowers his Physical Attack.

I would try:

Sunny Day/Fire Blast/SolarBeam/Air Slash

EuroMIX

Can I ask a random question? I'm playing the Pokémon White Deluxe hack and raising a Starly and the new 50 power Tackle is making me wonder if it's better to keep it or Quick Attack if I decide to get rid of one later. Any advice?

MarkusRJR

I'm kind of thinking about watching the 5th gen anime. What's the best one to watch, dub or sub? My main concern sub-wise is that the Pokemon names will be different and it'll throw me off when I play the games.

EuroMIX

I'm kind of thinking about watching the 5th gen anime. What's the best one to watch, dub or sub? My main concern sub-wise is that the Pokemon names will be different and it'll throw me off when I play the games.

I've only watched the dubs, but I find them decent. If the names matter that much to you then you might prefer the subbed versions.

Aggrotek

Here is my RU team right now. I need a Utility or a Lead I think... what do you guys think so far? Keep in mind I haven't made a competitive team since D/P were released...

Aggron
@Life Orb
Adamant
Rock Head

~ Autotomize
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Tail

Manectric
@Choice Specs
Timid
Lightning Rod

~ Volt Switch
~ Overheat
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Switcheroo

Crawdaunt
@Leftovers
Jolly
Adaptability

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Crunch
~ Substitute

Cofagrigus
@Leftovers
Bold
Mummy

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Ball
~ Rest
~ Haze

I need some ideas. :)

Can I ask a random question? I'm playing the Pokémon White Deluxe hack and raising a Starly and the new 50 power Tackle is making me wonder if it's better to keep it or Quick Attack if I decide to get rid of one later. Any advice?

I'd keep quick attack because of priority.

Aggrotek

As an amendment to my team, I was looking at Scolipede. Would he fit on my team well with this set up?

Scolipede
Focus Sash / Leftovers
Swarm
Jolly

~ Spikes
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Megahorn
~ Rock Slide / Earthquake

Wichu

Guys should I go with trace or download for pory 2?

Keep in mind that I'd use it only for flat battles online.

What kind of silly question is this? Download.

Not really, Trace is far, far more fun (and useful). Enemy Salamence getting cocky? Intimidate it in the face. Vaporeon causing trouble? Absorb its Surf. Magnezone scaring your Steel-types? Trap it right back. Trace is amazing.

Raising a choice scarf magnezone?
Haven't decided on the set yet but a Steel Trapper should always be a useful option for my future teams. It also helps that egg moves aren't an issue for genderless Pokemon. Plus, I found an HP Fire Emerald spread that only requires IVs from a single parent so I can breed this Magnemite with w/e natured Dittos for future offspring. Will probably go for a Modest one later on. :)

Got my speed check Pokemon so
Southern Island
Latios is next! I don't want to use an ugly Master Ball on it so I hope it doesn't Struggle itself to death.

Frost_Ace

What kind of silly question is this? Download.

Not really, Trace is far, far more fun (and useful). Enemy Salamence getting cocky? Intimidate it in the face. Vaporeon causing trouble? Absorb its Surf. Magnezone scaring your Steel-types? Trap it right back. Trace is amazing.

And trace it is!

Sora_N

Sad day for me, I think I lost my SoulSilver. It was a fresh game (first gym) but I don't have money to spare to rebuy anything at this point.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h341/bellaisafinefrenzy/tumblr_llys3ihaC21qbsnh5.gif[img]

I can't believe I missed this last night. Pure aceness.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I put it on my post at the bottom of the page and wondered if it would get missed.

[quote="LeleSocho, post: 40233936"]why pink scouter?[/QUOTE]

I dunno? That's the color the pixel art I copied was. I could have made it more red. Vegeta is wearing a red one in that scene, right?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OCkpL.png

LeleSocho

Banned
Ok i wasn't playing White for a loooong time before the session i started a while ago and only now i've noticed something... you can't battle again the other trainers/gym leader anymore? Am I stupid for not noticing something or what?

Now look of the perfection of my team it is a mix of beauty and coolness and it's not by any means a competitive team

Samurott
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Carracosta
Krookodile
Reuniclus

I've also decided to do a gen5 only team.

also i've yet to understand if Volcarona is a legendary pokémon or not...

First post in this thread, but I've been playing Black version for the past couple of weeks and just got the final badge. My pokemon were higher levels than all of Drayden's? dragons, but damn they were tough to take down. I also just caught the virizion and the other legendary. Plan on using virizion to challenge the E4 since I'm lacking grass and fighting.

I really enjoy this game tho. I picked up Platinum when it came out, but I never got into it and I didn't even finish it. B/W reminds me a lot of the original RBY, and I'm glad the pokemon were all new compared to some of the previous generations that include the older pokemon before you beat the E4.

I have no clue about EVs or competitive battling, but it seems like a lot of work and time to raise them certain ways. It is interesting though!

Kokonoe

Banned
First post in this thread, but I've been playing Black version for the past couple of weeks and just got the final badge. My pokemon were higher levels than all of Drayden's? dragons, but damn they were tough to take down. I also just caught the virizion and the other legendary. Plan on using virizion to challenge the E4 since I'm lacking grass and fighting.

I really enjoy this game tho. I picked up Platinum when it came out, but I never got into it and I didn't even finish it. B/W reminds me a lot of the original RBY, and I'm glad the pokemon were all new compared to some of the previous generations that include the older pokemon before you beat the E4.

I have no clue about EVs or competitive battling, but it seems like a lot of work and time to raise them certain ways. It is interesting though!

How so? Black and White's Pokemon style are a lot different.

Only arcanine is so cool to be referred as a legendary pokemon even if it isn't one.
Maybe when you're a lion-tiger-dog, you get to call yourself what you want?

NfZNr.png

The anime decided to run with it in the second episode. Even though something like Dragonite would have been a better fit at the time.

Top Bottom