• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

*just saw the last page*

I...didn't even know Darumaka's ability did that. He missed moves maybe a fourth of the time...if that. My only issue was that he didn't take damage very well but since he evolved, things have changed a little.

HE MISSED EVERY DAMN TIME FOR ME.

I replaced him with Chandelure.

I'm gonna replace Chandelure with Gengar soon, though.

HE MISSED EVERY DAMN TIME FOR ME.

I replaced him with Chandelure.

I'm gonna replace Chandelure with Gengar soon, though.

You didn't love it enough. Transferring your love into it overrules Hustle's crippling ability and allows it to become the cute little killer it deserves to be.

Annnnnd am I the only one bugged that Haxorus isn't a psuedo legendary? That guy was the champ of my first party in Black, after he used Sword Dance, not many things lived after getting hit.

Keep Luvdisc away from me please.

I remember there being one particular game where I massacred many, many Luvdisc. Emerald Version perhaps?

You could fish for them and use Covet or Thief to take their Heart Scales, and they were so weak the attack would always knock them out.

I don't always farm Pokémon for items, but when I do, I make it miserable for them.

What the hell. I've never heard that used to refer to those Pokemon. Just things like Rotom which seem to be given "legendary" status in the game by there only being one.
Huh? I was under the impression that pseudolegendary is practically standard terminology in competitive circles. You've never heard of that term in discussions that bring up Dragonite/Tyranitar/Metagross/Salamence/Garchomp/Hydreigon?

Kokonoe

Banned
Dragonair is my favorite of the Dratini line.

ikQAc.png

Kinda wish there was a way to keep the looks of a Pokemon while keeping the stats of it's evolve form.

I prefer Dratini but Dragonair isn't a bad design at all. I just don't know how it went from that to Dragonite but that's a discussion for another day. If I could keep the looks of a Pokemon while gaining the stats, I would have never evolved Gible or Larvitar. Tyranitar looks like a pin cushion from the back, terrible.

Firestorm

Not in any circles I'm in! Maybe it is used in the Singles community more? I haven't really paid attention to that part of Pokemon in 5 years.

Frost_Ace

Dragonair is my favorite of the Dratini line.

ikQAc.png

Kinda wish there was a way to keep the looks of a Pokemon while keeping the stats of it's evolve form.

*high five*

I prefer dragonair as well.

And now with eviolite there's a way to use it decently.

Dragonair @eviolite
shed skin
impish/careful 252hp/252def or 25sp.def/6atk

dragon dance
rest
outrage
waterfall/sleep talk/dragon tail

Kokonoe

Banned
The best you can do is Eviolite, still I used it for my Krokorok.
Dragonair is so much more awesome than Dragonite it hurts.

*high five*

I prefer dragonair as well.

And now with eviolite there's a way to use it decently.

Dragonair @eviolite
shed skin
impish/careful 252hp/252def or 25sp.def/6atk

dragon dance
rest
outrage
waterfall/sleep talk/dragon tail

Thanks for the info, I'm going to start doing this now actually. Is there an offensive version?

It's all about the Flygon fools. That's it, now I definitely need Gen 3 remakes so I can use a Hoenn team once more.
Blaziken
Flygon
Camerupt
Cacturne
Walrein
And a sixth guy i've yet to decide on

Yes I know Camerupt is redundant up there but dammit, it's Camerupt!

I finally got a 49 win streak on the Super Double line! It only took 1,864,536,748 attempts.

I'm tempted to buy a copy of White so I can finish my trainer card on Black. All I need are the Entralink Powers and the last musical prop (the Tiara from doing a 2-player musical). Too bad the game still costs $35. :/

Andrefpvs

Today was amazing, got to see the originals of these as well as one of Salamence that isn't on that page. Also a bunch of Japanese Pokémon merchandise as well as the Japanese games. <3

I may post some photos later when I'm sent the high-quality ones.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Today's episode, more of the tournament. Honestly, this hasn't been as good as the first one.

Trip's status as a rival continues to get worse, having lost to BIANCA of all people. Even if Emboar stealing and flinging Conkeldurr's pillars at him was pretty cool.
God damn, Burgandy was just beyond annoying. Why is she needed again? She shows zero threat to Cilan.

At least the tournament ends next week.

I wonder what the series in Japan is doing *checks*

Iris caught a Dragonite? A pseudo-legendary? Not sure how to feel.

Dratini and Gible are the best dragons. If we're talking final evolutions...then I'm partial to Salamence but I don't mind Garchomp or Dragonite either. If it came to which one I would prefer to use...I might have to stick with Chompy or Haxorus.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Dragonair is the best dragon.

Flashback to 1998...
The very first time I saw it when I watched the very first episode of pokemans intro I was like.. WHAT IS THAT POKEMON!?! I NEED TO CAPTURE THAT!
*rushes off to get my brick to try to find it*

Top Bottom