• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Zeroth

He was pretty hard to find in RS too. Hell, unless you checked out the rocks in the northern part of that route, it's possible you would miss the existence of the Sky Pillar entirely. I remember how scary and awesome it was finding him there. Second best moment in Sapphire, only losing to finding out about the roaming legendary on your own :p

Just beat the E4 in Black. Man, I thought it was going to be way tougher than it actually was. I went Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and Psychic. I think it was cool that you could pick which member to battle first, but I guess I'm used to going in a specific order.

I actually thought that the E4 was too easy because they only had 4 pokemon on their team. The battles with N and Ghetsis were pretty intense tho. Reshiram? was a life saver to combat some of their stronger pokemon. Just got the national dex, so gonna catch some more pokes.

Yeah the E4 was a joke in White.

I think 3rd Gen had the hardest E4.

My vote actually goes to the 1st Gen. If you refrained from using the rare candy exploit it presented quite a challenge.

Gen 2 was easy, Gen 3 I had more trouble with Drake than the champion, although it was still relatively easy, and Gen 4 and 5 were also a breeze.

MikeMyers

My vote actually goes to the 1st Gen. If you refrained from using the rare candy exploit it presented quite a challenge.
Gen 2 was easy, Gen 3 I had more trouble with Drake than the champion, and Gen 4 and 5 were also easy.

R&B E4 and Yellow E4 have different movesets, the former is REALLY easy.

Agatha goes down to Psychic / Earthquake
Bruno and Lance are walled by Haunter.

Only Lorelei is annoying, damn Blizzard from Lapras hurt my Venusaur!

I remember Gen 3 Elite 4 the Ice chick used a move that killed me in one hit. O_O

I too struggled with Drake...kind of chickened out and used Rayquaza (What a champ) to destroy his team. The rest of the Elite Four was easy thanks to Blaziken and Ludicolo. Why in the world did the final gym leader and the Champion both use Water Pokemon? Talk about a letdown, I was hoping to face the infinitely cooler Steven Stone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gen 1's elite four.

First one can be beaten with any Electric Pokemon.

Second and Third can be completely stopped with Psychic.

Fourth can be shut down with Ice Beam.

I never really bothered to think about how weird Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee look until now, they're fortunate to be part of Gen 1 or they'd probably be placed under horrible design scrutiny.
Not that I dislike them or anything.

I never really bothered to think about how weird Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee look until now, they're fortunate to be part of Gen 1 or they'd probably be placed under horrible design scrutiny.
Not that I dislike them or anything.

The way of obtaining them was simple but cool though so I can look past any design flaws :p

Why in the world did the final gym leader and the Champion both use Water Pokemon? Talk about a letdown, I was hoping to face the infinitely cooler Steven Stone.

I was disappointed too but at least you could face Steven post-game.

I always keep thinking Hitmochan is a girl species...and it's not. Always prefered Hitmolee even though I never used either. Used to think Scrafty was hot garbage but now that I have him in my party, he's grown on me.

Korosenai

I know I'm late, but...

Best Dragon:

635.png

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
So my husband is playing gold (first time playing pokemon) and he keeps complainging that his growleth is super weak and dies instantly. His pokemon are around lvl29 and he is trying to level them in the whirlpool islands (thars yer prablem!) but his whole team is strange. He said he had to swap in stantler because stantler is a beast who can kill things and survive hits.
I'm like... if the rest of yer pokemans are having to rely on stantler... something is wrong.

So far he has a croconaw, pidgeotto, growleth, haunter, Stantler, and Onix.

I'm thinking evolve onix, and haunter at 35ish. growleth... 39?

That's like... another 10 painful levels of weak ass growleth for him to bitch about. I told him to go to goldenrod to see if there are some TM's he can buy, so last I heard he was on his way back there. But other than that I don't really have any more ideas for him to boost his growleth up (well besides not doing it against Tentacrul's)

I think he would do well with exp share though I forgot where he can get it from in HG.

Wichu

For Growlithe, just go to 34 for Flamethrower. You don't need to go as high as 39. If he's willing to use a TM for a Fire attack (Fire Blast?) then you don't even have to wait that long. Yes, I know Flamethrower is a TM too, but it's really annoying to get - save it for something that doesn't learn it naturally.
Onix and Haunter can evolve whenever; if he's struggling, might as well do it now.

Once he gets to Blackthorn City, he can teach Arcanine Thunder Fang in exchange for a Heart Scale. I guess he can look forward to things getting a little better. Eventually. :/

He can get the Exp. Share from Mr. Pokémon in exchange for the Red Scale you pick up at the Lake of Rage.

One of my luckiest Poké-moments was finding Feebas on the fourth or fifth tile I tried fishing in.

I still have the same Milotic now in Black as the one (and only one) I evolved in Emerald.

Zeroth

It took me a long time to finally understand how to catch Feebas. I remember once spending an entire day on route 119 trying to see how to find feebas there, but with no luck.

Then 6 years after buying Sapphire, I finally figured out how to catch it :p

I was never able to get a Milotic. Spending time finding Feebas was easier than trying to evolve it haha

Nowadays you can just fish for Milotic, and evolving Feebas is as simple as trading with a hold item. At least Game Freak realized how badly they screwed up. :|

I still think it is absurd you can fish for Level 70 Dragonite and Milotic in B/W. And catch wild Metagross.

Feebas...

3681043_o.gif

You have no idea how much heartbreak this little fish caused 10-year-old me. By the time I found my first one in Sapphire I was more prepared to mount it on my wall than train it. It wasn't until White that I evolved a Milotic instead of trading for one.

Also:

a8qx-htosUO92InRWOUNxA2.png

This man has the right motivation.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Feebas...

3681043_o.gif

You have no idea how much heartbreak this little fish caused 10-year-old me. By the time I found my first one in Sapphire I was more prepared to mount it on my wall than train it. It wasn't until White that I evolved a Milotic instead of trading for one.

Also:

a8qx-htosUO92InRWOUNxA2.png

This man has the right motivation.

Pokemon fans are finally growing up and entering the general populace. It's beautiful.

Top Bottom