• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Frost_Ace

sableye.png

prankster sableye is the biggest troll ever.

I <3 him so much.

Wichu

sableye.png

prankster sableye is the biggest troll ever.

I <3 him so much.

Are you running Foul Play? If not, why not? Foul Play has maximum trolling potential.

Here's my weird set:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm nature - 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def, 0 Atk IV
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Foul Play

I might replace Taunt with Confuse Ray or something, since everyone sees it coming now... I could also go more physically defensive rather than the 'balanced' spread I'm using (taking into account Will-o-Wisp).

Sableye is the biggest source of rage quits on my team. Quagsire comes close, but I think Sableye just about beats it.

Frost_Ace

I use this set:

@leftovers bold
252hp/252def/6sp.def

calm mind
hidden power (dark)
recover
will-o-wisp/taunt

but a foul play set sounds tempting

backlot

I love using Sableye as well. On mine I use:

Sableye@Lagging Tail
Careful 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Trick

Tricking Lagging Tail onto a Japanese player using Speed Boost Blaziken was super satisfying. I also once used Trick to steal a lum berry from a Suicune the turn after it burned my Sableye with Scald. So much fun.

Frost_Ace

I love using Sableye as well. On mine I use:

Sableye@Lagging Tail
Careful 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Trick

Tricking Lagging Tail onto a Japanese player using Speed Boost Blaziken was super satisfying. I also once used Trick to steal a lum berry from a Suicune the turn after it burned my Sableye with Scald. So much fun.
does tricking lagging tail still have priority?

Look what I just got:

I think my Emerald glitched on me or something though. I clearly led off with a Jirachi with a speed of 142 but somehow Jirachi went before Latios and its 143 speed? Since I thought I missed my target frame again, I Master Ball'd it to check how far off I was. I wanted to get it in an awesome Luxury Ball but I don't know if I want to reset this and try again. >_>

Kokonoe

Banned
I thought you were referring to the gameboy micro at first, and I was going to say that's pretty rad. I've never owned one, nor have used one.

I thought you were referring to the gameboy micro at first, and I was going to say that's pretty rad. I've never owned one, nor have used one.
The GBM is awesome. The screen might be small but the image looks so much nicer than what you see on a DS Lite. The buttons and D-pad are great too. I think the battery in my unit is getting loose or something though. Often times, the LED lights go red fairly quickly but the lights go off if I squeeze the Micro together.

Oh, and I saved it. I didn't want to spend how ever many days of resetting to hit the spread again. And if for whatever reason my speed check Pokemon didn't work again, I'd have wasted my time trying to get this thing into a Luxury Ball, which for all intents and purposes is a minor aesthetic detail. Being at my computer every 3.5 hours like clockwork was brutal. :[

This is gonna sound bad but what am I looking at? Other than a legendary Pokemon that is. On another note, that really is a great looking handheld.

The GBM is awesome. The screen might be small but the image looks so much nicer than what you see on a DS Lite. The buttons and D-pad are great too. I think the battery in my unit is getting loose or something though. Often times, the LED lights go red fairly quickly but the lights go off if I squeeze the Micro together.

Oh, and I saved it. I didn't want to spend how ever many days of resetting to hit the spread again. And if for whatever reason my speed check Pokemon didn't work again, I'd have wasted my time trying to get this thing into a Luxury Ball, which for all intents and purposes is a minor aesthetic detail. Being at my computer every 3.5 hours like clockwork was brutal. :[

I think the best portable game console screen I have seen yet was the DSi XL's (aside from PPI, which is very low). I think I need to take a look at the 3DS XL's screen someday. The 3DS's screen pales in comparison to the DSi; low-quality IPS looks worse than a high-quality TN panel (I think the colours were represented better). I still have a place in my heart for my now-dead DSi.

I think I now truly know why I don't deal with the RNG minutia at all. Too much hassle to do on a regular basis, and I'm known for settling for less, given time constraints.

Wichu

Tip: Your Jirachi actually has 156 Speed for in-game purposes.

What frame number is that? I did frame 700000-something for the Regis once, which was about 3 hours too.

Tip: Your Jirachi actually has 156 Speed for in-game purposes.

What frame number is that? I did frame 700000-something for the Regis once, which was about 3 hours too.
Wait, what? Is this some kind of glitch? Wish I had known about this before. Any more details about this?

Frame number was 762328 IIRC.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to look it up. Fucking badge speed boost. Ugh. Good thing I didn't reset immediately after seeing Jirachi move first.

So, which games in the Pokémon series are considered canon? I remember reading that Platinum was the only DPPt-era game that exists in the Pokémon continuity (making the other two non-canon), but how do the other games measure up?

MikeMyers

So, which games in the Pokémon series are considered canon? I remember reading that Platinum was the only DPPt-era game that exists in the Pokémon continuity (making the other two non-canon), but how do the other games measure up?

People say Yellow isn't canon, but Red has his team from Yellow in the Johto games (Pikachu, the 3 starters, Snorlax, Lapras/Eevee).

It was generally the case that third versions overwrote the other two versions.
Judging by the comments from an NPC in Opelucid, Black and White, and by extension Black 2 and White 2, seem to take place in parallel universes.

OMG Aero

Whatever version is canon is dependant on whatever version you play since White 2 and Black 2 reference their previous games.
There is no one true series of events until another game comes out that only references one of those series of events.

backlot

People say Yellow isn't canon, but Red has his team from Yellow in the Johto games (Pikachu, the 3 starters, Snorlax, Lapras/Eevee).

I don't think it was meant to be his Yellow team specifically. They probably just gave him every starter so that anyone who had played Red, Blue, Green or Yellow would recognize the Pokemon they started with in his lineup.

OMG Aero

Doesn't Diamond and Pearl reference Gold and Silver's Red Gyarados?
Diamond and Pearl do (according to Bulbapedia in Platinum the news story is different) but the Red Gyarados is in Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold and Soulsilver and Platinum just omits the reference, it doesn't retcon it or anything. So that reference doesn't really mean anything aside from placing Gen 4 after Gen 2 or really close to it.

I think I now truly know why I don't deal with the RNG minutia at all. Too much hassle to do on a regular basis, and I'm known for settling for less, given time constraints.
3rd gen RNG abuse is the stuff of madmen.
To be fair, it's only the 3rd gen legendaries that are a pain in the butt to get good spreads for. 3rd gen RNG breeding doesn't require that much wait time and is pretty straightforward.

OTOH, I find it a hassle to constantly go into the DS settings to set the correct time/date on each 4th gen RNG attempt.

Top Bottom