• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Is it just me or does it seem weird to anyone else when you see humanoid Pokemon in the anime?
I mean take Sawk for example.
http://i.imgur.com/0Fh44.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WmX88.jpg[IMG]
He seems as intelligent as a human, isn't that far off size wise, wears clothes and sits at the table with them like any other person would.

But despite all that, he is still essentially someone's pet and eats what is basically dog food.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hhPer.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, sitting at the table suddenly made the whole thing slightly uncomfortable.

Emitan

Is it just me or does it seem weird to anyone else when you see humanoid Pokemon in the anime?
0Fh44.jpg
WmX88.jpg

He seems as intelligent as a human, isn't that far off size wise, wears clothes and sits at the table with them like any other person would.

But despite all that, he is still essentially someone's pet and eats what is basically dog food.
hhPer.jpg

He's a sub

Ondore

Need to beat the E4 in Platinum so you can unlock Pal Park, then put Leaf Green into a GBA slot of a DS and choose "import from Leaf Green" on the main menu.

0Fh44.jpg
WmX88.jpg

hhPer.jpg

I dunno about weird...I think it's kinda wrong, lol. Especially since there are Pokemon that are more intelligent than humans.

I like how Sawk is CLEARLY furious over the differences in meals in that last pic. I would probably take my Pokemon to McDonald's with me and get them something if I was going there for lunch, or if I'm cooking dinner I would make enough for them. Gotta share that wealth.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did they ever show another pokemon who could speak English? I wonder if anyone saw Meowth and was like, "hey, maybe we should start doing this."

Do Legendaries count? I don't think they do.
There was that Gastly in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" that was oddly overpowered and created "Venustoise".
I never got why Alakazam can't talk if his IQ is supposedly 5000.

But yeah, Sawk at the table was just really weird. At least the final battle was pretty good. Bianca's complaining about dodging seems to mirror viewers that hate how that happens in the anime and not the games.

Frost_Ace

GUYS! I just had the most epic stall war of ALL TIME.

You guys should seriously watch it I bet the other guy was fucking red with rage at this motherfucker right here:

sableye.jpg

57 - 53007 - 32434

Frost_Ace

Taunt is so useful in random battles <3

oh and that reuniclus was weird as hell

It had regenerator? Why would anyone pick regenerator over magic guard is beyond me

Though it kinda makes sense for a screener.

backlot

Taunt is so useful in random battles <3

oh and that reuniclus was weird as hell

It had regenerator? Why would anyone pick regenerator over magic guard is beyond me

Though it kinda makes sense for a screener.

Absolutely. I use it all the time.

Also, rage quitters making me rage! I just used my Scizor in its first random matchup and it preformed exactly as I was hoping it would and won me the game! Then blue screen...

backlot

I'm lucky, the people I find don't ragequit often.
never seen one in action :eek:

It's always the ones with 200+ wins that rage quit. Makes you wonder how many games they must have actually had to play to get that many wins.

And Taunt Gyarados was really common back in 4th gen. Not so much anymore for whatever reason.

But how can you sit and break bread with your Pokémon as equals one minute, and and use them as tools in legalised dogfighting the next? They're either animals or people, it can't be both.
They're neither. Pokemon as a concept simply don't fit either of those moulds. Were animals obviously sentient, then we may have a discussion.

But how can you sit and break bread with your Pokémon as equals one minute, and and use them as tools in legalised dogfighting the next? They're either animals or people, it can't be both.

Power of Friendship, sir. With your logic, you shouldn't even be on the computer. Pokemon shouldn't be able to use computrons.

MikeMyers

And Taunt Gyarados was really common back in 4th gen. Not so much anymore for whatever reason.

Scald and Revenge Killers. Seem like more people run Substitute now.

Thunder Wave Gyarados needs more appreciation. Totally catches people off guard, and it has paraflinch combination with Waterfall.

backlot

Does it have a Dream World ability? If it does then Espeon. If not Jolteon.

Also, if you guys want to check out another Sableye video, I just won a battle without using a single offensive move: 48-51072-93863.

Frost_Ace

Does it have a Dream World ability? If it does then Espeon. If not Jolteon.

Also, if you guys want to check out another Sableye video, I just won a battle without using a single offensive move: 48-51072-93863.
lol he brought out 3 physical sweepers, how did he think that was a good idea.

Oh and another vote for umbreon.

PK Gaming

Gen 2 starters blow. At least the fire and water ones do. Captain no moves and mini g-dos.

Hey don't knock Typhlosion and Feraligatr, they're pretty cool B).

...And Meganium doesn't blow?

It's hands down the worst start ever conceived. I don't even consider that thing a starter its just so... ugh.

PK Gaming

No idea.

But if we were Meganium gets that pick too. I'm not sure if it even has a niche in any competitive environment. It's game changer (DW abilities) was Leaf Guard...

You could argue that the other 19 starters have merit in some form though.

Top Bottom