• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

Hey don't knock Typhlosion and Feraligatr, they're pretty cool B).

...And Meganium doesn't blow?

It's hands down the worst start ever conceived. I don't even consider that thing a starter its just so... ugh.

Chikorita is the best starter.

Typhlosion and Feraliagatr are just Charizard and Gyarados wannabes.

Younicorn

Neo Member
Hey all, quick question.

I'm going to start breeding for a shiny Feebas, then evolve it into a Milotic.

My Japanese Ditto's IV's are as follows:

23/24/25/16/26/29

I have a Japanese Bold Ditto and my American Feebas ready to go. I'm going to have Ditto hold the Everstone to pass down its Bold Nature, and my Feebas' IV's are as follows:

31/10/29/27/30/31

My question is - which of those IV's should I pass down? I know Milotic is a Special Defense beast, so should I pass that stat down? I plan on using it as Special Attacker, so should I pass that down?

Any help would be awesome!!

MikeMyers

559275_344436128975823_2065556813_n.jpg

Desmond

Can we dicuss the anime here? Just like with the majority of DP, I've found that I've dropped in and out of the anime. I wanna pick it back up and will probably jump into BW2 Episode 1. Could someone give me a brief catchup? Has Ash/Satoshi got all the badges? (I know this series was moving faster than AG and DP)

Zeroth

Hey all, quick question.

I'm going to start breeding for a shiny Feebas, then evolve it into a Milotic.

My Japanese Ditto's IV's are as follows:

23/24/25/16/26/29

I have a Japanese Bold Ditto and my American Feebas ready to go. I'm going to have Ditto hold the Everstone to pass down its Bold Nature, and my Feebas' IV's are as follows:

31/10/29/27/30/31

My question is - which of those IV's should I pass down? I know Milotic is a Special Defense beast, so should I pass that stat down? I plan on using it as Special Attacker, so should I pass that down?

Any help would be awesome!!

If you are RNGing, I highly suggest getting a perfect Ditto first. That will make finding good shiny pokemons easier. If you will do normal breeding, it will depend on what your Milotic will do: If its focus is on special defense, focus on HP, SATK and SPDEF IVs. If you want a mixed wall, focus on DEF, SATK and HP IVs. If you aren't bothered by defense, focus on HP, SATK and SPE.

Can we dicuss the anime here? Just like with the majority of DP, I've found that I've dropped in and out of the anime. I wanna pick it back up and will probably jump into BW2 Episode 1. Could someone give me a brief catchup? Has Ash/Satoshi got all the badges? (I know this series was moving faster than AG and DP)
Yeah, anime discussion is absolutely fine.

Ash got his final badge (against Roxie, for some reason) in the last episode of BW 1 which is 86 episodes in. BW2 starts a new plot line, and should be a good place to start.

Satoshi has obtained 8 badges (with the 8th being Homika's Toxic Badge). His team currently consists of (in rotation): Scraggy, Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad, Unfezant, and Sunglasses Krokorok.

Desmond

Yeah, anime discussion is absolutely fine.

Ash got his final badge (against Roxie, for some reason) in the last episode of BW 1 which is 86 episodes in. BW2 starts a new plot line, and should be a good place to start.

Satoshi has obtained 8 badges (with the 8th being Homika's Toxic Badge). His team currently consists of (in rotation): Scraggy, Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad, Unfezant, and Sunglasses Krokorok.

Roxie huh?

*Quick Google*

Oh a BW2 Gym Leader? Where's the other Dragon dude? Sorry, I haven't followed the sequel's Japanese launch.

Oh a BW2 Gym Leader? Where's the other Dragon dude? Sorry, I haven't followed the sequel's Japanese launch.
Drayden has only appeared in one of Iris's flashbacks so far, kicking ass with a Haxorus. He appears in the BW2 opening sequence, so he's almost certainly going to show up at some point, but they handwaved it by saying that his gym was closed when Ash wanted to battle him.

Roxie huh?

*Quick Google*

Shaga/Drayden appeared as a character of the week in one episode in which he defeated Iris in a battle, but he hasn't appeared since then.

Desmond

Drayden has only appeared in one of Iris's flashbacks so far, kicking ass with a Haxorus. He appears in the BW2 opening sequence, so he's almost certainly going to show up at some point, but they handwaved it by saying that his gym was closed when Ash wanted to battle him.

Shaga/Drayden appeared as a character of the week in one episode in which he defeated Iris in a battle, but he hasn't appeared since then.

Thank You! I'll watch BW2 EP1 Now!

backlot

I just snagged a female Regenerator Foongus from a Japanese guy on GTS. I'm considering breeding one but I'm not sure if it'll actually be very useful in wifi battles.

MikeMyers

I thouht all Krokorok's had asunglasses?

All of the Eevees suck.

All my Flareon is awesome jokes aside, I kinda agree with this. They have mediocre movepools. Vaperon and Jolteon are good at what they do, though.

MikeMyers

I still think that xatu is a better magic bouncer because it has thunder wave, roost and u turn. :X

Whenever I see Espeon on my Team Preview I always know they'll switch it into to my entry hazard so I use an attacking moves instead of Stealth Rock and it usually 2HKOs.

Zeroth

Anyone got a female DW Eevee? I don't need to keep it, just have enough time to breed it and get a female one. I would use the GTS, but the amount of people who request lv 9 or less legendaries is distracting :p

PK Gaming

I just snagged a female Regenerator Foongus from a Japanese guy on GTS. I'm considering breeding one but I'm not sure if it'll actually be very useful in wifi battles.

Amoongus is pretty good. One of the few Pokemon that can deal with Keldeo and Technician Breloom (quad grass resist ftw). And who doesn't love Spore?

well thyplosion is a charizard wannabe, he has his exact same stats and a worse movepool :

At least it isn't anally eviscerated by Stealth Rock. :p

backlot

Amoongus is pretty good. One of the few Pokemon that can deal with Keldeo and Technician Breloom (quad grass resist ftw). And who doesn't love Spore?

At least it isn't anally eviscerated by Stealth Rock. :p

The thing is that there is no Keldeo on Wifi and with no sleep clause Breloom will just Spore Amoongus every time. I haven't run into any rain teams on singles lately either so I'm starting to think Amoongus might not have much of a place in this metagame.

Top Bottom