• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Who doesn't use Scrafty/Scraggy thanks to SD? If you said you picked him out before SD suggested it, you're lying.

I used him in story mode because I needed a fighting type and I had no way of evolving...whatever that thing's name is with the piece of wood. Then I got a Lucario and ditched him.

MikeMyers

Every member on PokeGAF community should have at least one Pokemon that we associate them with.

For example, ScraftyDevil = Scrafty.

I say we make a list, starting now.

Me = Scrafty
Ex = Dwebble
Frost_Ace = Beartic
CutenessOverload = Turtwig
Wiseblade = Empoleon
Syph = Typhlosion
Andrex = Togekiss
Gravijah = Raichu

Each of them can have a different member of the Pikachu line, I guess. Raichu for Grav, Pikachu for Emilie and Pichu for Chet?
Emilie gets an upgrade.

But Pikachu's better!

Also cuter. Much cuter.

tHw0b.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love the whole Pikachu line for different reasons.

Ilyanachu, I choose you! Unless this is RD, you got nerfed in that game madcore.

Firestorm

I was playing Word Party (pass around the iPhone version of Taboo) and "Pokemon" came up as a word on my turn. It went like this:

Me: "Charmander"
Friend: "Pokemon"
Me: "Got It!"
*pass phone*
Me: "Honestly I don't even know if that was a banned word I just saw it and said Charmander."

Gallade by the way is basically Scrafty Zero in DPP.

Typing notwithstanding, that is. Psychic/Fighting is a bit of a different beast from Dark/Fighting.

Lately I've a passing interest in a certain Pokemon manga that almost everyone in here hates, and I've been talking about it elsewhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Psychic/Fighting is actually pretty good typing, but its more because it can use four incredibly powerful physical moves that own the E4 or three moves/a buff move.

Psychic/Fighting is actually pretty good typing, but its more because it can use four incredibly powerful physical moves that own the E4 or three moves/a buff move.

Quite versatile, no? Sometimes, I want something that just works against most stuff, without worrying too much about everything. Too bad that the competitive scene doesn't exactly allow this type of battling without hiccups - you can't just rely on one single thing, after all.

Anyone should be able to guess what "hated Pokemon manga" that I'm talking about, by the way.

If I were a Pokemon, I'd want to be a Haxorus~ or a Turtwig~ or a Serperior~

The Sinnoh E4 was a joke, I Gyarados swept everything.

Platinum E4, on the other hand...

MikeMyers

Must be the lack of Gyarados that did me in, then.

Waterfall is Super Effective on Ground and Fire, so Bertha and Flint are easily DD swept. I also had Taunt to get rid of stuff like Sunny Day.

As far as the Bug guy goes, Heracross and Vespiquen have Rock moves so you want to set up your DD's before you get to them.

Lucian is a big though since Mr. Mime has Thunderbolt, but I got lucky and the AI used Psychic instead.

Cynthia wasn't too bad because I had Ice Fang for Roserade and Garchomp. Milotic took a while too go down, but Milotic barely did anything to me anyway.

I must be the kind of people that is "I don't care whether there are better alternatives, or anything, because I'm most comfortable with the one that I picked!"

Yeah, the run in White 2's going to have a Scraggy on board!

OMG Aero

I must be the kind of people that is "I don't care whether there are better alternatives, or anything, because I'm most comfortable with the one that I picked!"

Yeah, the run in White 2's going to have a Scraggy on board!
By better I didn't just mean statistically better I also meant better designed.

Frost_Ace

I still don't know which starter to pick in bw2, I ruled out tepig because there are many cool fire and fighting types in the game and I used oshawott in bw, which leaves snivy who I'm not really sure about. : /

Anyone should be able to guess what "hated Pokemon manga" that I'm talking about, by the way.

Considering that this thread only has one universally hated Pokémon manga, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess
RéBURST.

I didn't in White because I had Emboar and I won't in White 2 because there are way better fighting types.

tumblr_m5hbmvIaI01rxj7p9o1_250.gif

By better I didn't just mean statistically better I also meant better designed.

Don't hate him 'cause he's beautiful.

Wichu

I still don't know which starter to pick in bw2, I ruled out tepig because there are many cool fire and fighting types in the game and I used oshawott in bw, which leaves snivy who I'm not really sure about. : /

Snivy is boss.
He sucks just like all the other Grass starters, but he does so with attitude.

Younicorn

Neo Member
If you are RNGing, I highly suggest getting a perfect Ditto first. That will make finding good shiny pokemons easier. If you will do normal breeding, it will depend on what your Milotic will do: If its focus is on special defense, focus on HP, SATK and SPDEF IVs. If you want a mixed wall, focus on DEF, SATK and HP IVs. If you aren't bothered by defense, focus on HP, SATK and SPE.

I've thought about RNGing, but to be honest, and I know this isn't the place to discuss it, I'm kind of against RNGing simply because I think it's abusing the system.

I understand it's technically not, but the idea of having a third party application to assist in finding certain Pokemon at certain levels with perfect stats isn't right to me.

Doing things that are outside of the basic game mechanics (even within the cartridge), to me, isn't something I like doing simply because it doesn't feel right.

Just my two cents!

Top Bottom