• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

PK Gaming

Gravijah: Raichu
Billiechu: Also Raichu
Chet: Also Raichu

I'm sensing a problem here, guys.

Haha I had no idea that Neogaf had such a thriving Raichu fanclub. It's the king of all electric-types (100 000 volts g_g) and ridiculously cute as well... I dunno why I picked Raichu as my favorite but it was like love at first sight.

Obviously we can't all be represented by Raichu, so i'm going to go with the next best thing and pick Zoroark as the Pokemon to represent myself. I love Zoroark, since its good ingame & competitively, an amazing design and the coolest ability in the entire game.

571.gif

Now you see me, now you don't ♪

As long as you don't start mentioning it here, then everything will be fine.

Heh. Said manga, coming from other more "normal" manga, so to speak, is a bit... Well, to put it mildly, weird. Relatively speaking. I wonder how I got that interest... Must be a friend that is more than a fan of it.

On another, less controversial topic, anyone like the Positwig?

Heh. Said manga, coming from other more "normal" manga, so to speak, is a bit... Well, to put it mildly, weird. Relatively speaking. I wonder how I got that interest... Must be a friend that is more than a fan of it.

On another, less controversial topic, anyone like the Positwig?

It's positwigly adorable, and I do love me some puns.

OMG Aero

Look at this fucking tortoise:
fGBFM.png

How could you not want to use that guy.
According to the Pokedex Infernape is the Flame Pokemon but Torterra? He's the fucking Continent Pokemon.

Look at this fucking tortoise:
http://i.imgur.com/fGBFM.png[IMG]
How could you not want to use that guy.
According to the Pokedex Infernape is the Flame Pokemon but Torterra? He's the fucking [B]Continent Pokemon[/B].[/QUOTE]

He's good but I'll take my trident beaked Blade Penguin over the continent, After all it's the emperor pokemon, I bet our Penguin emperor rules over continents.
On a related note I recently picked up pokemon conquest and my Empoleon brings me tears of joy.

He's good but I'll take my trident beaked Blade Penguin over the continent, After all it's the emperor pokemon, I bet our Penguin emperor rules over continents.
On a related note I recently picked up pokemon conquest and my Empoleon brings me tears of joy.

Wait until he decides to pack a Yache Berry and Earthquake your Empoleon as long as it's not trying to use balloons xD (Or did Rock Polish beforehand)

Maybe someday I should pick up Pokémon Conquest.

MikeMyers

I still don't know which starter to pick in bw2, I ruled out tepig because there are many cool fire and fighting types in the game and I used oshawott in bw, which leaves snivy who I'm not really sure about. : /

I used Snivy in White 1. The best I could pull off is a Coil/Leech Seed/Aerial Ace/Leaf Blade set. Seed for Recovery, Coil to make boost his Attack and Defense, then sweep. Too bad his coverage sucks.

I don't want Tepig in White 2, so I guess I'll pick Oshawott. Although I'll probably phase it out for Starmie or Gyarados.

B2 will be the first game that I abandon my starter. Not picking Tepig because I can get a Growlithe and the other 2 are my least favourite starters ever.

Frost_Ace

I used Snivy in White 1. The best I could pull off is a Coil/Leech Seed/Aerial Ace/Leaf Blade set. Seed for Recovery, Coil to make boost his Attack and Defense, then sweep. Too bad his coverage sucks.

I don't want Tepig in White 2, so I guess I'll pick Oshawott. Although I'll probably phase it out for Starmie or Gyarados.

I think I'm gonna make a support serperior instead of a coil one:

leech seed/giga drain/dragon tail/reflect

MikeMyers

Gyarados fanboys are the luckiest, they can all capture their favourite Pokemon Shiny without having to cheat.

Maybe that was the reason why Nintendo chopped his Special Attack in half in 2nd Gen, to balance that out.

If only he still had that Special Attack....he'd be like a Mixed Salamence that could take on Bulky Waters.

MikeMyers

I still chuckle at the thought that people seriously complain that Gyarados is Water/Flying, and not Water/Dragon.

I like him as Water/Flying better., actually helps him come into Choice Banded Physical Attackers easier (watch out for Stone Edge -__-).

I had a lure set that was Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Natural Gift, Thunder Wave while holding a Berry that made NG a Fire move for one turn. I managed to cripple a lot of the usual Gyarados switch-ins with it such as Ferrothorn (Natural Gift) or Latios/Rotom (Thunder Wave). Sadly, with Drizzle everywhere, not as effective.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hmm, "another shot"? What do you think of it?

I don't read manga, but when I did read the first one, I thought it had these problems.

1. Overly random for no reason.
2. Cliche
3. The mix between the randomness with the seriousness was very odd.

I do admit before it started going down hill (which happened very fast), I did find the first few pages entertaining to some degree.

Sandshrew learns Earthquake in those gens, or were you referring to something else?

But man, RBY movepools were terrible.

Sandshrew didn't learn Earthquake naturally until like, 3rd gen maybe?

EDIT: Holy shit I just checked, he doesn't learn it naturally, Sandshrew or Slash, until 5th Gen. Jesus Christ.

Kokonoe

Banned
I wonder how much of a change would occur if Water Pokemon weren't able to use Ice moves anymore, and Stealth Rock did the same amount of damage to each and every type.

Top Bottom